It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens Facebook, Twitter for limiting NYP Hunter Biden story

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You are back to trying on ATS to carry water for the Progressive left, it appears...

No surprise there.

I admire your owner's spin on the current revelations of Joe and Hunter's criminal activities.

Let's play an "in your shoes" scenario...

If DJT Junior was in the same situation, including a crack pipe and actual evidence of "pay to play" with Trump using his political influence to enrich his son's fortune, would your post describe the evidence as "lackluster?"

Trump has a valid point... the result of the news being censored, watered down, hidden by the "news" and social platforms is nothing less then an attempt by the left to influence the result of an election.

He is right to call it out.

You are entirely wrong in that you are quite OK with silencing people based on their political belief... if it benefits what you believe.

You are nothing but a political hack.

I find some comfort in that your stream of Anti-American OPs lately will further drive rational readers from your ideology.

The only other thing they are good for is amusement.

So please keep posting... I'll keep mocking.

And I will see whatever version of you are online when we discuss the Ivanka/Owens Republican ticket in 2024.

Because 2020 is already a done deal... the legions of DNC lawyers are not going to help the Democratic party this time.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So. . . you're for censorship

Does me supporting censorship imply companies should be forced to follow your own personal narrative? Then no, I'm not for censorship.

Keep twisting.

Thanks.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: infolurker

Oh,

Joe is busted for taking half.

This is it? This is the October surprise? Come on now.

The only surprise is that you still haven't figured out that you are trumps number one voter recruiting officer.

Your dedication to get trump reelected with these daily hypocritical and biased posts is astonishing.

edit on 481031America/ChicagoThu, 15 Oct 2020 21:48:10 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

"October Surprise" is now deemed offensive.
The accepted term is November Surprise.

Please make a note of it.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
Trump-haters are useful for now. After November 3rd, they're expendable.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

So, you're for censorship.

What censorship? You can still get this full-story from rag-tag partisan outlits like NYPost right?

You find it accepted to force other private companies to blatantly distribute partisan propaganda? So much for the freemarket, no?

They still allow Chinese and Iranian propaganda on Twitter but censor the story to save Biden.

While censoring Hunter Biden story, Twitter allows China, Iran state media

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If DJT Junior was in the same situation,

There'd be nothing made from this, because the accusation would be baseless, and you'd be mute as per usual.

Trump has a valid point...

Look, you lick the man's feet. No need to try and wash down your praise of him. You're amongst plenty of friends here Lum, no need to be shy.

You are entirely wrong in that you are quite OK with silencing people

How are you being silenced?

ATS is a private forum. So they have every right to censor or stop me posting things they deem inappropriate, no?

But you know this already. It's all about spin Lum.

So please keep posting...

I have been, and will continue to. What's your point?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't know why Trump even bothered, they are going to be subpoenaed shortly by the Senate. They broke the rules of the FCC. Someone can start a couple of new social media companies that will follow the rules that have been in place for longer than the internet has.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

They still allow Chinese and Iranian propaganda

Go start your own private social media platform then. It's a free country, no?

You've got all the money backing you could wish for. Donald himself is a billionaire.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Fb/Twitter, as "platforms", receive content liability protection from the U.S. Government.
By censoring political content, they are acting as publishers. If they want to editorialize, especially in such a blatantly biased manner, they should lose those protections afforded to them by the government. Of course, that will likely result in them censoring even more but that's their choice. More fair minded competitors will eventually gain traction.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't know why Trump even bothered, they are going to be subpoenaed shortly by the Senate.

Probably because Trump knows there's nothing to come out of this, legal wise. He's smart enought to instead try to spread this as bad publicity instead.

It's not hitting any goals though. Jesus, took me days to notice this story, and much of it is a rehash of the old Ukraine scandal to come out like a year ago.

Come on Ricky.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Would you honestly, honestly respond the same way if Twitter and Facebook were censoring and suspending Joe Biden’s posts (I know, silly question, as he likely doesn’t know what Twitter or Facebook is). Would you still be griping about calling out a “private business” if it were Kamala Harris, or whomever else you support? I’m asking this in sincerity.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

Fb/Twitter, as "platforms", receive content liability protection from the U.S. Government

So in otherwords, they should be regulated in accordance to what's deemed truth by the government?

Freedom certainly gets thrown out the window once it's inconventient here Doober.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

They still allow Chinese and Iranian propaganda

Go start your own private social media platform then. It's a free country, no?

You've got all the money backing you could wish for. Donald himself is a billionaire.

You can't.

The second you start posting things the left does not like, they are censored by banks, credit card companies, paypal, etc.

There is a lock on social media.

Net Neutrality laws for social media is needed ASAP.
edit on 15-10-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So, you're for censorship.

What censorship? You can still get this full-story from rag-tag partisan outlits like NYPost right?

You find it accepted to force other private companies to blatantly distribute partisan propaganda? So much for the freemarket, no?

Like I said , is against their 230 rules they signed off on.
Facebook may (and should) lose their 230 standings .
What in the name of everything holy are you still on about ?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Would you honestly, honestly respond the same way if Twitter and Facebook were censoring and suspending Joe Biden’s posts

No, I honestly wouldn't. ATS blatantly remove my posts, often without explanation. I come to accept it's their private platform.

There's that and, I don't support Biden. #BernieOrBust2020

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

So. . . you're for censorship

Does me supporting censorship imply companies should be forced to follow your own personal narrative? Then no, I'm not for censorship.

Keep twisting.

Thanks.

You're for censorship.

QED

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

a reply to: elDooberino

Fb/Twitter, as "platforms", receive content liability protection from the U.S. Government

So in otherwords, they should be regulated in accordance to what's deemed truth by the government?

That’s not at ALL what I got from that post.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Net Neutrality laws for social media is needed ASAP

Trump calls net neutrality court decision a 'great win

President Donald Trump congratulated Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai in a tweet Monday citing last week's federal court decision to uphold the agency's net neutrality repeal. That repeal eliminated rules preventing broadband providers from blocking or slowing down access to websites or charging companies extra to deliver content faster.

And yes, the two are related.

And yes, you're still free, regardless, to start your own. You're just lazy.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

That’s not at ALL what I got from that post.

Of course not, because it doesn't fit your narrative.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join