It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter is now ‘blocking’ a house.gov press release

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No, which is why I would change provider.
Now if the entire Industry colluded to do the same thing, then that is conspiracy and prosecutsble? Maybe?

The law hasnt caught up, and its too late.

Just playing devils advocate here.

a reply to: UKTruth

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Oddly enough, Yahoo wrote about this in the last hour.

www.yahoo.com...

Be assured if Joe Biden is elected we will be moving
towards complete censorship of news that is not
convenient or desired by the corrupt leaders.

That's correct. They're going to limit our freedom of speech, limit our gun rights (if not fully remove them), remove the Electoral College, and change or remove anything else contained in our Constitution that they don't like.

They took an oath to protect the Constitution, yet are freely running on changing it. These are dangerous times that will lead to desperate measures.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Why should they even HAVE to think about it ?

I must be like the only god damn person that knows why the founding fathers wrote the first amendment.

To PROTECT political speech.

A few decades ago what the mass media and twitter, and facebook are consistently doing was unthinkable.

For effs sake the 60s had the free speech movement. Now we have a bunch of snip hats that killed it.
edit on 15-10-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
No, which is why I would change provider.
Now if the entire Industry colluded to do the same thing, then that is conspiracy and prosecutsble? Maybe?

The law hasnt caught up, and its too late.

Just playing devils advocate here.

That's the point - you change provider and they do the same thing.
Social media companies are already colluding to censor selectively.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Wasn't the only one.

They locked Trumps account.

Certainly living up to Twitternazi.

This is really happening right before our eyes. Something is about to go down. I could almost feel an eerie feeling in the air when I walked outside a few minutes ago.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If Twitter is one's main source of news, then there is ones problem. ..

Whatcha gonna do? Censor businesses?

Would you be okay with your mobile provider, a private business, monitoring your calls and taking decisions to block your calls and text messages based on what you said, locking access to certain contacts?

That analogy doesn't work, as Twitter is a free service. What we need to remember is when you get a product for free, YOU are the product.

This is more about the FEC and what is and is not a material donation. Blocking Trumps account likely does not meet FEC requirements. While i don't know much about radio, i DO know that stations have to ensure equal airtime is made available, and there are laws around how that all works. I think Twitter would be a similar type of deal. Block Trump does not equate to equal airtime.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: neo96
Wasn't the only one.

They locked Trumps account.

Certainly living up to Twitternazi.

This is really happening right before our eyes. Something is about to go down. I could almost feel an eerie feeling in the air when I walked outside a few minutes ago.

Somethign IS about to go down. On Nov 3rd.

After that Republicans will go back to watching sports as the Corona Virus will magically disappear - and being thankful that racism magically disappeared and they don't have to walk on eggshells anymore. Of course, they will have to publically pretend that they love their new Marxist party leadership, but a small price to pay for having decent Monday Night Football back.

edit on 15/10/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not to mention that pesky old lawsuit that ruled official govt Twitter accounts couldn't block specific users, per 1st amendment. So what happens when Twitter blocks entire accounts from the people?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I say either class action lawsuits against Twitter,Facebook, or use the full weight of of the state to go after for them both for racketeering.

It's a broad brush charge.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: HalWesten
We will not tolerate either in this country and the People will eventually win. You can take that to the bank.

America has already lost.
That's already in the bank - sorry to say.
Nope, not till election day, sorry to say.

Sure, Nov 3rd is when everyone will know America as it was is gone, replaced with a Marxist state. But, we all know it's just counting down the days at this point.
Riiight. We don't give up so easily, to lay down and roll over because the forces agaisnt us may seem impossible and vast?

Do you always scare easily?

We embrace the challenge and some, like me, never waivered.

Sorry bro, but you're WRONG.

Have some damn faith in humanity for crying out loud.

It won't be the first time we've been in this predicament and forced with a very important decision to make.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Im not sure I follow you.
They HAVE to think about it because technology has changed, and how people.get their news is changing.... referencing your very argumenf about SM blocking media, etc.

I am betting laws changed when the printing press, Radio, and TV came about as well.

Thing is the current laws do not address SM platforms....as far as I know.
If FB wants to censor....what law are they breaking?
Now since FB is a public company then they SHOULD be held to the same anti discrimination laws as say, Ford or Kelloggs.

I may have missed your point man, sorry.

a reply to: neo96

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

the mistake Twitter and Google and Facebook has made is that by their very actions of censorship they have made this a huge story.

They have made the corruption scandal apparent because they're trying to hide it so quickly.

They have made their intentions obvious as well. They can now drop all pretense to being fair and impartial.

Yes sir
The jig is up

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I get that, but what law is being broken....other than to be unethical?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Im not sure I follow you.

Big surprise!

They HAVE to think about it because technology has changed,and how people.get their news is changing.... referencing your very argumenf about SM blocking media, etc.

BULL SNIP!

IF you really think that ,stop using your smart phone,computers,tablets,internet and go back to the pony express.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've never subscribed to Twitter, Facebook, etc., but Twitter is a superb way to deliver information. It's like sending out headlines.

BTW...Senators just held a press briefing. Twitter and FaceBook CEO are being subpoenaed to explain their actions, in an open forum, in the next 7-10 days.
edit on 10/15/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I remember back in the day, 'Before Trump was elected'.

His haters use to hate the ever living hell out of corporations.

Now two media giants are doing more to influence our elections than either soft or dark money, and lobby groups have EVER done in the last 40 years.
edit on 15-10-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

the mistake Twitter and Google and Facebook has made is that by their very actions of censorship they have made this a huge story.

They have made the corruption scandal apparent because they're trying to hide it so quickly.

They have made their intentions obvious as well. They can now drop all pretense to being fair and impartial.

Well they certainly lost the argument about being simple platforms haven't they? They are openly and obviously acting exactly like publishers who screen what content they will allow, and now they ought to be handled exactly under those laws, no more claims of platform immunity.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Sorry but it won’t change a single Biden vote. Most have already been filled out (legally or not) and the majority of Biden voters do not care one iota about honesty, integrity, fair play and especially do not care about the future of the United States. The majority are misinformed misanthropes.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I get that, but what law is being broken....other than to be unethical?

Equal Time Rule, for one. And it damages Biden and Twitter in this instance as blocking Trumps account equates to Biden getting more time than Trump.

Beyond that, it really is not wise to thumb your nose at a legislative body that controls if/when Section 206 is modified or repealed entirely.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
but Twitter is a superb way to deliver information. It's like sending out headlines.

Have you a temperature or has your ATS account been hacked, becuase I swear you posted a thread stating twitter was the enemy of the USA

I really find it odd that you now are saying its superb, talk about flip flopping

Largest Social Media Companies Have Aligned their Interests with Americas Enemies

The biggest (in size) foreign enemies of America seem to be CHINA and IRAN.

FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, YOUTUBE, and TWITTER are taking sides with IRAN and CHINA against the United States

Facebook, Twitter, Google, support when looters and rioters use their platforms to organize unrest and attacks

China and Iran are working with the U.S. Democratic party, (which includes FB-Twit-Goog-CNN-NBC-ABC, etc.), to create chaos in America

So are you now supporting twitter despite it being an enemy of your own country, you are supporting a platform you said supports chaos in America

edit on 15-10-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join