It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Online Media Is Unreliable

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is all about the flow of language and information. Obviously the biggest story in that realm is the ongoing flap over the Hunter Biden story and its censorship on Facebook and Twitter.

But here's another, more insidious example that I felt was worth a mention.

Some of us have been following the Amy Coney Barrett hearings, and during that process, ACB mentioned sexual preferences. She was sternly lectured that the term "sexual preferences" is actually offensive these days by Mazie Hirono who has to be one of the dumbest senators alive, and if you're like me, you were left scratching your head over that one. The term sexual preference is used everywhere.

Joe Biden himself has used it during his campaign recently.

But, no matter, there are now over 20,000 news stories about how ACB used an offensive term.

And not only that, but if you look it up at Merriam-Webster preference, you get told it's offensive all of a sudden, but that's not what it used to be.

Here you see what you get now compared to an archived version. The archive is from Setp. 28, 2020 -- TWO WEEKS AGO. So it's hard to believe this change wasn't made in response to the ACB flap.

Again, this is why you don't rely on electronic media to supply your knowledge. What it tells you that you know today could be different than what it tells you that you know tomorrow. The memory hole is real and here we have a living example of that.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Tucker Carlson played a tape of Ruth Bader Ginsberg using the 'slur' in question on his show last night.
He said that the left might have to revoke her sainthood.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How long will it be before we see someone in the UK
getting fined or arrested for using the now offensive
term "sexual preference"?

Maybe that won't happen so quickly, but I guarantee
you somewhere in the U.S there is a bill in the works,
you will see this mandated into schools, corporations,
and NGO's.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Orwellian.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Exactly. We are witnessing Orwell's "Ministry of truth" and "Newspeak" in action. We don't have the news or the press anymore, we have channels and websites full of lies and deceit, changeable at a moments notice. Take lots of Screen captures folks.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Good to know it's an offensive term. I'll start using it from now on. I'm still in awe over the fact that we have Senators who are so immature that they'll make things up as they go. From Booker STILL saying Trump hasn't denounced white supremacy to Hirono calling "preference" an offensive term and asking Justice Barrett if she's ever sexually assaulted someone.

These people would almost HAVE to know how ridiculously stupid they're making themselves look. And Harris was just as bad. She kept cutting off Justice Barrett, yet the previous day was butting in to Barrett's answers and saying "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH MY QUESTION!"

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Good to know it's an offensive term. I'll start using it from now on. I'm still in awe over the fact that we have Senators who are so immature that they'll make things up as they go. From Booker STILL saying Trump hasn't denounced white supremacy to Hirono calling "preference" an offensive term and asking Justice Barrett if she's ever sexually assaulted someone.

These people would almost HAVE to know how ridiculously stupid they're making themselves look. And Harris was just as bad. She kept cutting off Justice Barrett, yet the previous day was butting in to Barrett's answers and saying "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH MY QUESTION!"

Harris could run circles around Barrett in a courtroom - with pure BS - but Barrett would destroy Harris on the facts. That's clearly obvious to anyone watching. To cherry pick a phrase that has been used for decades in this context just proves how far the Democrats have fallen into the abyss of ridicule. They have moved so far in that direction that they do not recognize how bad they look.

A mark of a true friend is that friend will call you out if you screw up or act like a jerk. None of that happens on the Left, they're all opportunists and charlatans and will not hold each other accountable. It's sad and pathetic.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

is this our future? I think we need to go back to books. they are a bit harder to change.
EMP attack might not be as bad in the end as was previously thought.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Orwellian.

2nd line.

Wasn't Orson Welles the guy who used the media to manipulate everyone with fake news Martians? That guy?

See how things haven't changed...

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Asking if Mrs. Barrett is a sexual offender was also a special moment, eh?

Funny thing about the so-called sexual "preference" offense is that the current ideology demands that homosexuals who refuse to include trans people in their dating pools for having the wrong genitals are simply transphobic for their sexual preferences... in other words, if a lesbian refuses to date a "transbian" -- i.e., a heterosexual man who identifies as a woman and is sexually attracted to women -- then it's simply a "preference" and therefore transphobic. This isn't playing well with today's transgender ideology and is causing a little ruckus!

If that makes no sense, I apologize. I don't know how to explain the nonsense any better than this.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Agreed. These people have sunk so far to the bottom that they're dragging themselves through the scum. No wonder so many democrats have walked away.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is this our future? I think we need to go back to books. they are a bit harder to change.
EMP attack might not be as bad in the end as was previously thought.

Meanwhile, these Senators continue to campaign for Trump with their idiocy.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wasn't Orson Welles the guy who used the media to manipulate everyone with fake news Martians? That guy?

George Orwell 1984, but we know you're smarter than that

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Orwellian.

2nd line.

See how things haven't changed...

The ironic twist was that Orson Welles was actually M. Night Shyamalan and the Martians were real, but we had built a wall.

I learned all this from the internet.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

is this our future? I think we need to go back to books.

try getting a young one to read anything that doesn't glow.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The ironic twist was that Orson Welles was actually M. Night Shyamalan and the Martians were real, but we had built a wall.

I learned all this from the internet.

Now that Twitter and the Facebook are cutting off the knowledge stream you'll have to revert to oral traditions.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Good morning Ket....another oxymoron in terms you bring to the forefront: "media", "online"...

It's all "media". It's the nature of its business...fake or real, good, bad.

Neuman-"Seinfeld"-"There's a secret Jerry about junk mail. There really isn't any junk mail. It's all just MAIL"!
✌️

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
But didnt you use the.same.electronic media to debunk said story???

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Oral traditions are not Covid safe. Unless you use a garbage bag and zip ties.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Orwellian.

Are you referring to or telling us your sexual preference here D.B.??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join