It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolve to New Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This may be silly. I have an unusual imagination for wonder.

I was thinking as of a 'What If". I know this is far-fetched.

You know how life evolves right? So, what if humans were to evolve eventually into another lifeform?

What can humans evolve into? How much more intelligent, and how much more advanced could they be? And what could the new lifeform be called?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Intresting post, good for thinking outside the box.
Personaly i think our next step in evolution can go either 3 ways...and they are all cool to me.
First off with the constant growth and speed of technological advancement, we could become a cyborg type race, with mechanic implants to make us smarter, stronger, etc. (this theory is abit old now though)
Next with the genome project still going, we could become a clone race, were we clone humans with better genes to make us smarter, stronger etc. (the most likely one in my mind)
Finaly my favriot, is that we take a big step in the evolutionary chain and literaly become pure engery. As to say we ascend, time and space and become beings of abosolute free will. A few examples for sci-fi fans is Q from star trek, or daniel jackson in his ascended state in SG1.
Evolution is not in a straight line, we adapt to the envirment around us, so who knows which road we are going to take....honestly i dont care, i jsut want to be around to see it.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The evolvement into energy is an amazing idea.

Do you think that our human spirits will be a part of the energy or will it be purley the energy?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well its a argueble point, do humans even have a spirit?
Im not to sure, but we do have a counciousness, we know we exist. The voice going through your head at this point of time is energy. Now i think that if that energy outgrows our physical body, then we may ascend.
This is what maybe the story of jesus ascending depicts?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
See, I've never been very religious. But, I have always believed in spirituality.

I really love your theory though.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Im still tossing up on the spirit concept....
What one person calls a spirit another person calls it a bio-chemical reaction.
But personaly i think that the concept of a spirit is jsut a very old idea, that was trying to explain the bio-chemical functioning of our brain.
But hey who says bio-chemicals aint jsut as special?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Some people think this is what happened in South America, when an entire culture vanished; maybe they evolved and were transformed into energy.

I think human beings are evolving, and judging by the animal kingdom, we're evolving in one direction..a scary one.

Violence is an evolved trait, the higher organisms possess it in spades. Man is the most successful vertebrate on the planet, and not coincidentally, also the most violent.

Think about it, the organisms that have been evolving the longest are the most violent, crocodiles, sharks, viruses, spiders, scorpions, I could go on but you get my point right?

Our rage, our capacity for cruelty, they're evolved traits. Too bad they don't mesh well with our society that we've created. I don't know if there's any way around this, short of the nauseating prospect of eugenics.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What culture are you refering to WyrdeOne?

We are the most deadlist predetors on this planet....yes we evolved that way. But if mother nature is always right, then maybe violence is the only true thing is this world?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I always think about stuff like this. How about this for a theory, I've thought about it for a while:

Well as we evolve more, we become more reliant on technology and electricity to do everything for us, so our muscles atrophy becuase we do less physical labor. So we get thinner and weaker. We're on computer's all day so we're stuck inside so our skin gets paler and paler. We are constantly staying up later and staring at our computers, so our eyes grow bigger and darker because of being up at all hours of the night. Since we are always indoors and probably not getting the best nutrition, we begin losing hair all over. Take for instance the difference between apes and humans. So soon we become totally hairless.

Hmm this is beginning to sound like some "life form" that people claim to see. Any of the alien descriptions starting to ring a bell? Perhaps aliens are nothing but humans from the future, coming back to visit this time and research problems and things that went wrong.

Sorry for the sci-fi twist, but it definitely pertains to the "evolution" question in the post. And I happen to think it's a pretty darn good theory.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I believe it was the Mayans... not sure about that though.

Violence is in many ways pure..murder is a religion in a way, a paradigm that lends power..

I can't keep talking like that otherwise they'll lock me up like Charley

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ajax, great theory i thoguht about that came thing many times befor hand.
Also i saw a documentry on the discovery channel about people going into space etc. Anyway in the documentry it said that two astronauts were planning to have a child in space, i never heard the results on it. But the theory went that sicne the child would have no body muscle since he has no resistance on his body, the child would be very short, very thin but have a massive head. I forget the reason for the massive head though....although they said that a child born in space and bought up in space would never be able to come back to earth....this is where they probably decided it was un-ethical.
Anyway add the hairless, big dark eyes, and the whole being born in space theory.....i think we now know how these greys came to be lol

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
for anyone how thinks genetically alttering humans is evolving should go back to science class. and by the way we have if we did any more we probably lose our pinky and be faster but really the only way we will change is if their is some thing else on top of the food chain.

why fix it if it ain't broke.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I read somwwhere how animals with their brains in proportion to body size get to a limit in how much more intelegent it actually makes us.

Plus think about 10,000 years ago that is like seconds in evolutionary terms yet look at the intelegence of our ancestors the only way to become more intelegent is to learn more but brain wise microchips are the only way.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm eventually going to evolve into a pencil with a worn out eraser.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If evolution occurs due to environmental conditions, predatory circumstances, and mutations.....isn't then probable that once you reach intelligence or sentience that evolution no longer has anything to trigger it.

IOW whatever evolution may have provided for us we now do ourselves via technology. If i'm cold I get a jacket or build a house, if A predator is threatning me I get a gun or go hide in my house. If evolution comes about out of need to survive or to improve quality of life, then we have our intelligence and tech doing that for us now.

So if we did you would think it would only come about via very long term space exploration or something to that affect, being we have Earth handeled, as far as our bodies and minds are concerned anyway.

So maybe intelligence is the final step nature can take from there its technologicall.

top topics

join