It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient giant skulls/aliens? photos =)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Plateau Indians in North America created a flattened forehead by pressing a board against the padded forehead of a infant swaddled in a cradleboard. Many Indian groups, particularly in the Northwest employed this procedure. Plateau Indians in Washington state and Idaho created a flattened forehead by pressing a board against the padded forehead of an infant swaddled in a cradleboard. The most famous were known as the 'Flatheads.' In Mesoamerica, deformation was also done by head binding. The Maya used head boards and head binding to produce a distinctive shape which denoted social status and rank in society. A person of high status would have mutilated teeth, a conical shaped cranium and crossed eyes (produced by dangling shiny objects close to the infant's eyes).

just a piece from that site link thanks..

I think you over stated VERY good.. it was just ok? few drawings n some text.. pretty plain..

The point is they done this to their heads to denote higher rank... and they maybe copying it from guys who had big heads? i.e the extraterrestrials.. why else wud they suddenly think "oh i know il stretch my head itl make me more high rankin" ? or il put hoops round my neck etc...

Making babies go crosseyed? hahaha.. w.t.f... poor things. surely none of this did much good to them...

<< 1   >>

join