It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof the Earth is Round NOT Flat!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: muzzleflash

Didn't realize that you were so easy to convince ?

Have you eliminated all possibilities of albedo ? Ex : Sun-glitter, refraction, Northern lights, etc...

Maybe next time you perceive the sun as below the clouds : you could race towards the sun, until you see it, and then take a picture of the sun underneath the clouds for us ?

Cool corkscrew clouds !

There is no way to consider all possibilities.
Our minds are not aware of countless things.

I did however take time to appreciate the possibilities we discuss and talk about as best I could in a short time frame.

I've never seen an Aurora in person and you just inspired me, I wanna go to Canada or Alaska now.

I won't go chasing the sun but I'll definitely take some pics of an Auroral show if I ever see it.

If there is no way to consider all of the possibilities :
how to know that we have stumbled-upon 'absolute proof' ?

Hockey-pucks, coins, and vitamin-C tablets : are both roundish and flatish.
Perhaps Earth : is roundish and flatish ?

Have always wondered what our ancestors thought of the northern-lights, for the thousands of years they were 'unexplained'.

Not the right time of year for heading up north, unless you want to become like the mad-trapper ! LoL !

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Is it not all just perception ?

For me : my tummy is flat.
For my woman : my tummy is spherical.

Perception !!

Perception of what?

How you describe something is one thing, but the existence of that thing being described is another.

If I stab my hand with a fork is it mere opinion that it is "sharp or dull"? Or is there, within reason, an actual reality being conveyed?

Of course a fork you and I think is terribly sharp and piercing will not even get the attention of Hulk. He wouldn't notice it. His perception is "what fork?".

Again we need to relax our tendency to take everything literal and remember all things are relative to varying degrees as we work through our thoughts and ideas.

Sorta : the sensation of "sharp or dull" , happens in our brains, supposedly.
Just think of the possibilities, where there could be a diminished, or no sensation of the fork.

And so it it is with all that we think we perceive, no ?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I thought this was common knowledge. Try being in the Navy and thinking the earth is flat lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Earth IS not round it only looks round as the atmosphere causes the effect .
Earth stripped of water and air looks' like
a Idaho potato

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

still more logical then a snow globe..

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Naw, it’s more of a red potato or a kerrs pink.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

In the last 5 years or so I've probably run into like 100 + people that are die hard flat earthers.

If you live in the eastern U.S., you can book flights to Japan either flying west or east. You can even book a true "round trip" by flying east to Japan with a layover in Europe, and east again with a layover on the west coast. What more do people need, exactly?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This thread got moved to skunk works???

So my claim with proof is so .... unbelievable ... It got moved to the forum of utter BS.

What are the mods smoking please share.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I thought this was common knowledge. Try being in the Navy and thinking the earth is flat lol.

Obviously its esoteric knowledge to the extreme.

They put my thread in skunk works dude, this is so insulting and baffling.

What in the ..... ???

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I dont get it. Could the earth not be flat. The light source above the earth and under the cloud layer.?

I am not a flat earther but what does this prove?

s&f

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So my claim with proof is so .... unbelievable ... It got moved to the forum of utter BS.

You got to laugh. Maybe make a flat earth proof thread and see if it gets left put.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Earth IS not round it only looks round as the atmosphere causes the effect .
Earth stripped of water and air looks' like
a Idaho potato

I didn't say it was a perfect sphere.

Oblong or not the point is the sun rotates around a sphere we call earth in open space while this region of stars rotates around the center of the galaxy.

I used the word round rather loosely only in the context to differentiate the two competing explanations of earth is flat or round, does outer space exist or not, etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

You got to laugh. Maybe make a flat earth proof thread and see if it gets left put.

They would give it 100 honorary flags to put it at the top... Apparently.

My proof would be a pic of salt flats lol.
edit on 10/15/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kohll

In the last 5 years or so I've probably run into like 100 + people that are die hard flat earthers.

If you live in the eastern U.S., you can book flights to Japan either flying west or east. You can even book a true "round trip" by flying east to Japan with a layover in Europe, and east again with a layover on the west coast. What more do people need, exactly?

That doesn't disprove the main flat earth model though, and in fact they use alleged flight path charts to prove the earth must be flat.

I've never seen any of these flight path charts but I have seen flat earth proponents rely on the claim that such charts exist hidden.

So this is actually one of their top 5 points that they say supports them, so sailing or flying around the world is presumed possible in both models and cannot be used to discount the other.

It is best to avoid convolution like that.

I was especially excited about the OP because it's extremely simple and requires no technology or money or even algebra knowledge.

If they know how a straight line works, all they gotta do is look at that cloud and ask "how is this possible?".

There is no simpler way to prove the earth is round.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I said absolute proof as a challenge.

I was demanding a fight rather than making a claim of absolute.

I dare anyone to undo me.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Look at what Skeptic Overlord said about Skunk Works purpose (its a forum for gibberish mainly):

However, the skeptical and often intense nature of our regular forums can often be an intimidating environment for members with conspiracy theories based on more loosely connected tidbits of information (or even pure speculation) than is typically expected of posts in our main forums. Skeptical analysis and fact checking is certainly a cornerstone in the art of "Denying Ignorance", however, as the wonderful Mr. Einstein once said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." The true denial of ignorance must also include and often embrace even the most fanciful exaggerations of possibilities in order to understand and explore the upper limits of what might be possible.

My "conspiracy theory" is based on loose tidbits of info????

Like undeniable proof that no one can mathematically argue vs?

Fanciful exaggerations?

Imagination is important guys...
Lol

You have gotta be #ing kidding me.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Earth may indeed not be flat, but we certainly do take a great deal on complete faith.
It is really only your educated understanding that the earth is 'spherical' that allows you to draw the conclusion you do.
We all stand on the shoulders of giants, on the beach of a vast ocean of knowledge.

Even perceiving the moon as a lit sphere, requires a certain understanding of how light works.

I say let them have their flat earth, they are not entirely wrong.
edit on 000000100549105America/Chicago15 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I guess I came in to prove a point about denying ignorance only to find ATS is truly dying primarily because it was run into the ground by its own excessive and baffling moderation practices.

Sad story when you see a company you love fail to listen to any customers and do virtually everything they can to alienate their hardcore fan base.

If I were getting the product I desired there would be just spam limits and Id let everyone run amok.

This place would get so popular so fast if 99.9% if this modding (censorship) were ended immediately.

I told you how to save ATS now its up to you.
Go down trying to be boss or become a hit with free speech.

Why not try it? Whats there to lose?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
The Earth may indeed not be flat, but we certainly do take a great deal on complete faith.
It is really only your educated understanding that the earth is 'spherical' that allows you to draw the conclusion you do.
We all stand on the shoulders of giants, on the beach of a vast ocean of knowledge.

Even perceiving the moon as a lit sphere, requires a certain understanding of how light works.

I say let them have their flat earth, they are not entirely wrong.

All I need is one diagram that shows how it's possible and I'll give benefit of a doubt.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The only proof you need is using seismology to localize an earthquake.
No spherical Earth, no seismology would ever work.
edit on 15-10-2020 by charlyv because: s

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join