It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof the Earth is Round NOT Flat!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
It's all about you Neutronflux.
😊

edit on 26-10-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
It's all about you Neutronflux.
😊

No. It’s about the actual delusional belief the earth is flat. Not a thread to troll.

You have something to post about actual flat earth?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Is there an actual flat earth to post about then?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

If there is, then post something concerning flat earth.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

If there is, then post something concerning flat earth.

I am pretty sure that muzzleflash solved it with the opening post.

Well done Muzzleflash

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Your post seems disingenuous in the context of past posts.

a reply to: Akragon
They may be free to believe what they will.......but no one can believe what they 'want'!!!

Did you choose to believe that the earth is a globe?

a reply to: turbonium1

edit on 26-10-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 26-10-2020 by neutronflux because: Added second quote

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Disingenuous??
Posting a quote where I did a thumbs up as proof of me being disingenuous....ok.

Here is what the
was a reply to:

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

This is page 117 in a thread that's in the LOL Forum.
I'll leave that basic fact there for you to observe. This thread is worthless and a waste of time. You refuse to admit that you were defeated a very long time ago. Your inability to listen to basic science is either astounding or proof that you are spinning this thread out for a bet.
Again: page 117 in a thread that's in the LOL forum.
Your theories are laughable and your connection to reality tenuous at best - if that is you aren't spinning this thread out FOR A BET.
(Yawn)

(This below is turbos reply which I gave a thumbs up to)
You've probably written hundreds of posts here, and keep saying it's worthless and a waste of time!

It's a complete contradiction - your continual posting shows you ARE interested and intrigued by the subject, and your continual claims that the subject is worthless and a waste of time, is simply how you are trying to justify being here - to yourself, and/or to others.

Our actions speak louder than words. Do you know what a "dissembler" (or "dissimulator") is?

1. dissembler - a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives.

If you really believed that it was a waste of time, as you keep saying, you'd have left this thread long ago, and would never return. But you are one of the most frequent posters on this thread, for several months now.

Looking back, this thread had 27 pages before I first posted, on page 28. That was on Dec.19, 2019.

Your first post was on page 29, on Jan. 5, 2020, which is only 17 days after I first posted here, but it was obviously just a coincidence, that your first post was directed at me, right?....

"Is this some kind of joke? Every time proof of a round Earth has been presented to you, you deny/ignore/misrepresent/downright lie about it. Every. Single. Time."

Why didn't you reply to others who supported the flat Earth, over the first 27 pages of this thread? You chose to wait until I posted, before you felt the need to accuse me of lying, and so forth, without any evidence to support your accusations.

Only 6 days later, on Jan. 12, you made your agenda clearly known...

"Because all he has is those same tired old tropes. He's been shouting the same nonsense for however many years now and possibly now has an inkling that we're all laughing at him. He has not convinced one other person that his nonsense has a single leg to stand on.
It's a bit sad really. That said, his theory about gravity was imaginative. Silly, but imaginative."

So why would you ever have known that I've posted about the subject for years? Well, because you've been posting on the same threads about the flat Earth I've posted on, for years, just to accuse me of the same things you do now!

And of course, to say it's stupid, worthless, and a waste of time!

Spending years following me around on threads about the flat Earth, just to accuse me of lying, and ignorance, and that the subject is worthless waste of time, doesn't seem peculiar to you?

It's obsessive behavior, over a subject you claim is worthless, a waste of time. Maybe you don't know why the hell you're posting on FE threads, over the years, but I know it's not because you think it's a waste of time!
The flat earth conspiracy, page 118
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The link takes you to where this exchange occurred for reference.

So now you explain how

is disingenuous.

edit on 27-10-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Ok.

But the reply shows you giving a thumbs up to Turbo. Is that false.

I guess you should take more care in what you actually post.
edit on 27-10-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Back to the OP.

The Earth is not round.

Let me explain. The shape of our Earth is an oblate spheroid. It is not a perfect sphere. The centrifugal forces as the Earth rotates creates a widening, or budging at the equator and flattens the poles.

Hope that settles it.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It is true that I have given a thumbs up to turbo for that particular post...so what does that prove?
It proves that I agreed with his post!
Am I not allowed to?

You guess wrong......I posted carefully.

edit on 27-10-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It is true that I have given a thumbs up to turbo for that particular post...so what does that prove?

So you support someone that uses known falsehoods and has no credibility pushing flat earth.

You are known to post to just stir the $hit pot.

Then your post to “support” muzzleflash is supposed to be taken serious, sincere, and not sarcastic.

Maybe you should try to use heart felt arguments with facts, instead of only trying to play the gotcha game.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

So then it should be easy for you to cite your posts refuting Turbo’s blatant falsehoods.

I say your a flat earther. Please cite your posts refuting flat earth nonsense.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
did you just call the great mother Fat!

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Every single video from a telescope shows planets wobbling... what are you even talking about...

Mars.... look it wobbles.... and you know why

Mars doesn't wobble in these videos...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

However, Mars certainly does have intricate details, and movement, in all these videos!

I'm supposed to believe all of this is an effect of the atmosphere too, right?

Get serious, man. There's no possible way this is all caused by the atmosphere. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard, and that's quite an achievement, considering your ever-growing pile of ridiculous claims!

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Please cite what instrument is actually responsible for level flight.

A vertical speed indicator (VSI), also known as a vertical velocity indicator, is a vital component within the pitot-static system. Proper functionality is crucial for determining whether an aircraft is level, climbing or descending during flight. To ensure accuracy and safety of both the VSI and the pitot-static system, instrument calibration should be maintained and scheduled regularly.

calibration.aero...

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

A vertical speed indicator (VSI), also known as a vertical velocity indicator, is a vital component within the pitot-static system. Proper functionality is crucial for determining whether an aircraft is level, climbing or descending during flight. To ensure accuracy and safety of both the VSI and the pitot-static system, instrument calibration should be maintained and scheduled regularly.

calibration.aero...

Any thing to change the subject from comets.

Level light as not deviating from reference a pressure, not level flight in reference to the ground as flying over the Himalayan mountains for example.

The VSI does not measure level flight in reference to the actual terrain below.
edit on 30-10-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

calibration.aero...

And you missed the point. The VSI measures rate of pressure change to measure change in altitude. As in level flight not changing altitude. The VSI does not indicate the actual pitch of the aircraft. A plane can be nose up, but still can drop in altitude as shown by the VSI. Is that false. Or there can be no pitch to the air craft as in the air craft is “level”, and the VSI can show a drop in altitude. Is that false.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

calibration.aero...

Any thing to change the subject from comets.

Level light as not deviating from reference a pressure, not level flight in reference to the ground as flying over the Himalayan mountains for example.

The VSI does not measure level flight in reference to the actual terrain below.

I never claimed it references the surface, and I've told you that many times now. Please stop putting words in my mouth, for once.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Every single video from a telescope shows planets wobbling... what are you even talking about...

Mars.... look it wobbles.... and you know why

Mars doesn't wobble in these videos...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

However, Mars certainly does have intricate details, and movement, in all these videos!

I'm supposed to believe all of this is an effect of the atmosphere too, right?

Get serious, man. There's no possible way this is all caused by the atmosphere. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard, and that's quite an achievement, considering your ever-growing pile of ridiculous claims!

Anyone with a telescope (and I know you've only ever seen one in picture books) knows that atmospheric condtions affect how well you're going to see what you're observing. Anyone with a telescope (you know, the long tubey thing you look through to see the planets in closer detail) knows that those atmospheric conditions vary from night to night, hour to hour.

The movement you see in the videos of the planets that have been posted are entirely a product of those atmospheric conditions.

Prove me wrong.

For the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen the staggering array of ignorance and link blindness turbonium demonstrates in the flat earth thread dumpster fire residing in LOL, he has been supplied with countless links explaining this. He knows full well that what he is posting is false ,and we know what that makes him don't we children?
edit on 31/10/2020 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

calibration.aero...

And you missed the point. The VSI measures rate of pressure change to measure change in altitude. As in level flight not changing altitude. The VSI does not indicate the actual pitch of the aircraft. A plane can be nose up, but still can drop in altitude as shown by the VSI. Is that false. Or there can be no pitch to the air craft as in the air craft is “level”, and the VSI can show a drop in altitude. Is that false.

I didn't miss the point. You asked me what instrument is responsible for level flight, and I showed you that instrument is the VSI.

Your question was answered, so deal with it.

Planes measure level with the VSI, I've told you that many times now. You keep trying to avoid that fact.

And I never said the VSI measures pitch, either.

The VSI does not measure for altitude, nor does it show a drop in altitude. The VSI measures for ascent, descent, and level flight, and that's it. The altimeter uses VSI measurements in finding out the plane's altitude, as I've told you before.

The altimeter cannot determine the plane's altitude, accurately, without the VSI, which measures ascent, descent, and level, during flights. This is why the VSI - as they noted in the article - is very critical for flights. If the VSI isn't accurate, or not working at all, it is much more difficult to fly planes, as they mentioned.

I've used an example of why level flight is important, why it's used, and measured for, in all flights, and how it truly DOES prove the Earth is flat.

A flight of about 6-7 hours would need to account for at least 1800 feet of 'curvature', if it really existed. Since it does NOT exist, there's no need to account for it, so we don't.

Some of you claim that 'curvature' does not need to be accounted for in flights, or that it's no different flying over a flat surface, or curved surface, because we 'adjust' flights, along the way.

Nobody adjusts for 'curvature', during flights. Adjustments are certainly done in flights, but these adjustments are always done for very specific reasons. Not because pilots 'like' to 'adjust' something, on their flights!

The idea that 'curvature' is not significant, no different than flying over a flat surface, etc.. is absolute nonsense.

Why would 'curvature' matter to a flight?

It's ridiculous to claim it is 'adjusted for' in flights, because nobody adjusts for it. Many don't even know what the 'measurements' are, or anything about it - not that they should, anyway!

A 6-7 hour flight would be very, very different over a curved surface, than over a flat surface.

All of our flights are BASED on our surface, before we ever start a flight, that's how important it REALLY IS, to each and every one of our flights! Saying it doesn't make a difference what the surface is, flat or curved, is nonsense. It would be completely different to fly over a curved surface, compared to our flat surface.

Flights begin at 'sea level', or use 'sea level' to gauge surfaces which are not at sea level. Because we use 'sea level' as our base, it is ZERO altitude, on Earth.

Why is Earth's surface referred to as 'sea level', if it was NOT a level surface, anywhere at all, on the Earth? It wouldn't be referred to as 'sea level', or 'level' at all. Since it WOULDN'T BE LEVEL. Why would they refer to level, if Earth was actually a curved surface? If it was curved, we'd use it as our base, same as we have done for our flat Earth, right now.

You'll say it may be called 'sea level', but it's not considered as 'level', on Earth, or seas.

They use the correct term, but you can't accept it.

The term airplane is based on being flat, level, or a plane, traveling within the air. We use the term 'airplane', which is the correct term for it. You can't accept that either. The term 'planet' comes from a flat level surface, as being on a 'plane', too. But you say it doesn't mean that, of course. Why would we ever use all those terms?

Altitude is based on sea level, as 0 feet. Flights use the VSI to measure ascent in feet per minute, etc. FROM sea level, or 0 feet altitude. The altimeter uses total fpm for the altitude, at the time. Once the desired altitude is reached, the plane levels off, and remains at this altitude for most of the flight, if possible.

Every step of a flight is level, based on sea level, before takeoff, measuring for level flight while in air, remaining in level flight throughout, until we land on Earth, once again.

A 6-7 hour flight over 'curvature' would never use level, as a base, never measure for level flight, in air, and would certainly not remain in level flight afterwards. It wouldn't make sense, and it wouldn't work, at all.

You cannot account for 1600 feet of 'curvature', because it was never there in the first place. It doesn't exist.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join