It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not white privilege

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I have never seen a sales person, outside of radio sales or some other small industry work like that, that wasn't female. Every director of sales i've employed is female, as are any of our social media contacts. The only male "influencer" i have ever dealt with is Daytripper from Austin. But he's as much "media" as "social", considering his prime outlet is a TV show.

Account reps arent what i'd call sales. Like the gentlemen who represent US Foods, Ben E Keith, Sysco, etc. Most of those are male.

As it regards race, a big part of any race discussion has to be vernacular. Folks who speak in a clear, American English generally will fare better. With a few exceptions. That isn't really race insomuch as the desire for someone who is a strong verbal/written communicator. I once ran a call center for TWC of NYC based in west Texas. We were beat up badly by the city folks (Manhattan mostly...the other boroughs were pretty easy to please) because of our accents. Similarly, our TMobile Spanish staff were regularly beat up over their language. The dialect in West Texas for spanish is pronounced, due to the isolation of the region. So our spanish speaking staff always struggled with native speakers in Puero Rico and Dominican Republic. US based customers were pretty forgiving, and just happy to have a spanish speaking person answer the phones.
edit on 10/15/2020 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Race is only important to racists. Get over it.

a reply to: DanDanDat

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You're falling for the old trap that if a disparity exists the only possible explanation for it would be racism or some other form of discrimination.

For example, you say that tech firms heavily hire whites. Did you stop to think that perhaps the only qualified candidates are whites? And that maybe that has nothing to do with racism but a clear preference on the part of whites for going into those career fields of study?

I work in editing/publishing. Guess what? My office (when I worked in it) was almost exclusively female. Does that mean we were actively discriminating against men, or does that mean that women are naturally better at working with English and are more likely to seek out jobs where we can work with the language than men are?

Are the professional sports racist because blacks are naturally more inclined to have higher levels of athletic prowess than whites when it comes to certain types of sports? And it has less to do with overall natural athletic ability than with their athletic ability coupled with their body type. Look at professional swimming to see what I mean, whites dominate there, not because blacks don't swim so much as because whites are more likely to have the proper body type to swim at that high level. So is swimming then ... racist?

You forget that groups of people can and do choose what they want to do and that makes a difference in things. Blacks, whites, Asians, men, women, etc., we do all have our preferences created by cultural, gender, and other differences, and it's a mistake to assume something as simplistic as that this or that company or business is actively saying they will or won't hire based on skin color to explain everything away.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Privilege in these United States has always ever been CLASS privilege. There is a network of upper class people that keep everything sown up for their own and everyone who isn't in the "club" out. Has nothing to do with color, and everything to do with how many Benjamin's you have in the safe. Historically, the lions share of them have been white, so there is a tendency to associate it with being white. If there IS white privilege, why are there so many poor white people?

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
People need to stop the offended vs offendeder thing. Example: when unused to teach, one core subject in standardized testing saw more black kids fail miserably than pass it while other races did normally, 75 to 80 percent of kids passing it. There's a very effective solution to kids who score low in the subject and yet 3 od the 5 schools I taught at had administration tell us to overlook all but the very bottom handful of kids to go into the program to get a leg up. Why? Because it was never possible to hold a meeting about it since black parents would look around and see most black kids would be in it and they would threaten thee school and call them racist. They made no fuss when we just took the Asiana the whited the natives the Latinos and 2 or 3 black kids leaving the many others to simply go on for the entirety of k 12 failing this subject every year and each year being further behind with ever increasing difficulty. And all we could do as teachers was not even mention it which was a mandatory rule to follow. They prefer guaranteed failure to accepting a temporary inequality.

The same goes for other obvious crap. I am so darn sick of this obsession with rap music. You cant build a functional people with the values being taught as important being turf, never being disrespected, vengeance, eye for an eye, masculinity good femininity shameful, and getting paid and getting laid.

But most destructive is the very thing psychologists consider the most detrimental thing a child can go through...more than violence abuse, even molestation...and that is growing up with a father who doesn't want to be around you and is absent from your life thus never modeling taking responsibility, sacrificing for the family, being decent and honest, treating women like worthy people not bichhizz to ess your dee. But with the welfare program being out of hand and better than getting a job, single parenthood instead of committing to a person longterm is not attractive.

If black lives matter, then why is it that the most dangerous place a black person can be is not at the wrong place wrong time, not at a gang shoot out, not where he is mistaken for someone else by police, but his or her very own mother's womb being so dangerous that all those other incidents combined fall seriouslybshort of the death toll you're at risk to becoming part of because you are in your mother's womb and the survival rate there is appalling. Never will understand pro choice when the choice should be if adults want to have at it, choose just not to conceive. If you choose to just kill the darn thing so you can feel more pleasure and not to use protection instead you should not be having sex and if you are more inclined to kill than be responsible, you should go get sterilized. Plain and simple. Then go sleep around all you want.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join