It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not white privilege

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Completely agree. Tens of millions of poor white people in the USA wondering where they go to pick up their so called "privileges".

They can go anywhere where minorities are racially profiled and pick up their white privilege there, duh. LMAO LOL They can also apply for anything and not be discriminated against for having the name Hakeem, Rodriguez, or Abdullah. LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DanDanDat

As I said in my original post: Its not white privilege, it is a rich and powerful privilege that predominately advantages white people.

What do you see as rich?

There are only 1.5 million at the 10 million or more range. That drastically drops to 85,000 at the 50 million and 35,000 at the 100 million with 2000 Billionaires.

There is about 190 million Whites, so how are they getting this advantage from around a million White rich? Also, what about the Asians...They do better than everyone...

Rich is up on the social economic ladder from where the observer is standing.

I do not understand the propensity to see this issue as having to be overeat or dismissing it as not happening. Are all 2000 billionaires getting together every month to discuss how they plan to keep minorities from rising on the social economic ladder? Probably not. But do their every day actions over a long period of time create the same situation? Probably. Actions as simple as choosing to hire from a pooo of people they know or relate to rather then moving outside of their comfort zone and hiring someone who is different from themselves.

And is it just the 2000 billionaires? Probably not. It's probably more likely that people from every rung on the later contribute to the problem in a way that is proportional to their level of wealth.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It's not about minorities. It's about keeping everyone else from climbing up, regardless of skin color. Why do you think the biggest victims of most policies are the middle class? The middle class are the ones most likely to give rise to new rich and powerful and they're the class easiest to climb into for the poorest (i.e. those minorities who are the only ones you seem to care about).

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
the very rich play the middle class against the poor.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"The Jew is using the Black....as muscle, against the white man. Well what are ya gonna do about it....Whitey?"
//Signed//
Illinois Nazis

a reply to: rom12345

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
I despise Nazis

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
"The Jew is using the Black....as muscle, against the white man. Well what are ya gonna do about it....Whitey?"
//Signed//
Illinois Nazis

a reply to: rom12345

Ah , Buy more Guns and Ammo > ?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
the very rich play the middle class against the poor.

it ain't hard to do when you keep taxing the middle class to pay the poor.

ACA did it for me. Tripled healthcare premiums, higher deductibles, and no correction of the gross overinflation of medical care. All so my premiums could prop up healthcare offerings to the poor that they still cannot afford.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Affirmative action definitely is a system by which one racial group is explicitly put at an advantage over another. The question becomes more big picture; does this one system dominate all others or are their a lot more, perhaps mostly implicit, systems in place that advantage white people? If the later is true than it really doesn't mater that Affirmative Action puts minorities at an advantage

When ^^^that^^^ happens .......

White privilege ceases to exist and minority privilege becomes a thing

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There is inherent benefit in western civilization.
This much seems clear enough.
I don't think it's something to be ashamed of, on the contrary.
Perhaps the greatest achievements involve the development of human rights, and justice.

edit on 000000100645106America/Chicago14 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

green privy trumps all

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Affirmative action definitely is a system by which one racial group is explicitly put at an advantage over another. The question becomes more big picture; does this one system dominate all others or are their a lot more, perhaps mostly implicit, systems in place that advantage white people? If the later is true than it really doesn't mater that Affirmative Action puts minorities at an advantage

When ^^^that^^^ happens .......

White privilege ceases to exist and minority privilege becomes a thing

I would say yes; if systems like affirmative action that explicitly benefit minorityies where to be shown to outweigh systems that explicitly or implicitly benefit whites than "minority privilege" would become a thing. Although I would still say the phrase was clumsy and inaccurate as is "white privilege".

However there is very little indication that affirmative action and other similar systems have tipped the balance of privilege in favor of minorities. Most indications such as pay, incersersion, job opportunities, housing, higher education and ect clearly show that whites fair better in our society.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
There is inherent benefit in western civilization.
This much seems clear enough.
I don't think it's something to be ashamed of, on the contrary.
Perhaps the greatest achievements involve the development of human rights, and justice.

Do all people in western civilization enjoy the same level of human rights, and justice?

norml.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
No. But i can think of no good reason why they should not.
I think the legal systems are adjusting toward it.
But it's a new development in geological time frames.

I do think affording people who do not share the values of western civilization, the benefits of it, can create problems.
edit on 000000100924109America/Chicago14 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Are those guys part of the rich problem? Maybe, you have not given a detailed description of their lives so its hard to make a determination based on your small anecdote.

The problem is the VAST majority of the rich provide jobs...Out of 330 million Americans how many actually create jobs for others? People on the left have this evil image of a rich person, kind of like a hedge fund manger who gets rich off his luck in picking the right stock... That is so few of those we call rich it is crazy to even suggest they do anything to anyone.

I asked you question of what is rich to you? You didn't answer...

Of those 1500 people making over 85K a year what is the racial, ethnic and sex demographics? If your company is in parity with the tech giants than they fall short link. Is it because tech companies are inherently sexist or racist? Probably not, but there is a clear disparity in the demographics of those they hire.

My CEO is a female and so is my VP. When I get to the interview process I don't really know who a person is, and at my level I don't care. You see when you get to a level race sex etc is moot...IF a company actually used that then good luck...lol I hire the best I can, don't care. The "people of color" that work for me don't give a crap either. Its 2020, you can't even tell who is who today IF that was part of your decision process.

When we look at Blacks as example there is an extremely low percentage of them in the STEM degrees... A simple degree means nothing today, sorry to say. You are better off being a Plumber.

As for the supper genius tech guy; are we assuming he is white? Assuming so, would the Sandford Doctorate Business Guys given him the same opportunity to work with them if he was Mexican? Would he be less likely to have a garage to start a
business in if he was Mexican.

Yep white...but with about a 170 IQ... THEY STARTED IN A GARGAE LOL...

I see it all the time...people are privileged today thinking something is owed to them for just breathing and the business world is cruel and hard for everyone. I tell my two sons a movie quote " Out there beyond that fence every living thing that crawls, flies, or squats in the mud wants to kill you and eat your eyes for jujubes. ... If you wish to survive, you need to cultivate a strong, mental aptitude.' AND it is so true....

Maybe White privilege is just knowing that. There is no handout, no "my bads", no just good enough...

You are good, or not...sounds almost like Yoda.

To be honest.... IF you have an intelligence of 100 or more and DO NOT make bad life choices over and over, and continue to get better, work hard, improve your skills to where every decade you can look back and say I'm better you will do OK, or even well off.

The problem is a lot of people can not do this for many reasons and the least of their reason is the color of their skin or their sexual orientation.

I live well today at 60, but I started as an E1 in the Air Force many moons ago... And I look at "the rich" as if they lived on Mars as to their influences on me and how successful I am. When we fail we always want to look to others as to the reason why and 99% of the time you just need to look in the mirror.

edit on 14-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Rich is up on the social economic ladder from where the observer is standing.

So in my 28 years in the military I was Aircrew and traveled all over the world, many were not very good places... One time I spent 30 days in Egypt and we went on a trip around the city, hired a guide. One stop was this vast cemetery where homeless lived, and in this old huge cemetery 2 million people lived. You see back in the day when going there it was a two day trip and so there was a room built next to the family crypts... Well the rich homeless lived there in these rooms...I wonder what the people living in cardboard boxes thought of them...

The poor in America are far richer than what the world standard is for middle class....just saying..

I do not understand the propensity to see this issue as having to be overeat or dismissing it as not happening. Are all 2000 billionaires getting together every month to discuss how they plan to keep minorities from rising on the social economic ladder? Probably not.
But do their every day actions over a long period of time create the same situation? Probably.

Portland is a homeless friendly city of 760,000 people. There is like 20,000 homeless there and so do those 760,000 get together and decide if they join together and house just one homeless per 38 people there would be ZERO people living on the streets? I think not too. These ultra liberals start complaining the homeless are invading their neighborhoods...geez

Why should the few rich be any different?

I have done numbers many times... If you tax the rich 100% it comes out to 600 billion per year...How does that play into making life better? With all their yearly earnings they COULD give the bottom 20% of wage earners an extra 10k per year...That is at 100%..

The problem is what makes ONE person rich doesn't do squat for the millions....

In the end it is up to YOU, and only YOU...There is your White privilege secret of success.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I can disprove white privilege very quickly.

Would you prefer to have the advantages of Lebron James: money, skill sets, connections, etc.

Or would you prefer the advantage of being white, with no money, skill sets or connections?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
In South Africa, A large British public relations company "Bell Pottinger" was exposed sowing discord through a proven false narrative of 'White Monopoly Capital". These kinds of exercises are very deliberate, extremely racists, and serve the same outcome.
edit on 0000001010321010America/Chicago14 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperStudChuck
I can disprove white privilege very quickly.

Would you prefer to have the advantages of Lebron James: money, skill sets, connections, etc.

Or would you prefer the advantage of being white, with no money, skill sets or connections?

People like LeBron drive me crazy...he is like a billionaire now, or damn close and defends China who puts millions in concentration camps not seen since the Nazis, and then says he is afraid a cop will shoot him because he is black...

What do all these Black celebrities and super woke white ones do with their money... I'm sure they could put together 100 billion easy... But they buy houses, and more houses, cars and more cars, gold...lol They one with the people...lol

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree. Just like after a tragedy, celebrities do telethons to raise money from common people for victims. Meanwhile, they could all get together and donate millions more than what average Joes can. But they donate their talents instead of literally fixing problems overnight.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join