It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Milk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
First time posting here, so I don't know if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else notice all the attention given to cow products such as milk, cheese, beef, etc. And of all the animals, cows are usually the ones mutated and within the last 20 or 30 years mad cow diseas emerges. And who are the companies that actually profit from those milk, cheese and beef commercials? There doesn't seem to be any single company directly making money from it. Just commercials advertising dairy products and beef with catch phrases like "Got milk" and "Beef, it's what's for dinner." There has got to be something going on here. cheese, milk, beef... all with commercials and catch phrases, all without a brand name

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good 1st post....

let me do some thinking on that.... i'll get back to you...

For now welcome aboard, welcome to the nuthouse and have a good one.

Peace,

Freeze

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I firmly believe they crossed the line when they put calcium in OJ. The juice....not the athlete! Nevermind you know what I mean....sheesh people.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We have discussed milk here a few times..and this thread here might interest you
Have a good stay or visit here Sonofabush(interesting name too)
Mag
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I firmly believe they crossed the line when they put calcium in OJ. The juice....not the athlete! Nevermind you know what I mean....sheesh people.

nah, I think that's a good idea. I can't drink milk (lactose intolerant), so I've got to get calcium somehow.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
We have discussed milk here a few times..and this thread here might interest you
Have a good stay or visit here Sonofabush(interesting name too)
Mag
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually, I remember reading that (the "NOTmilk" webpage). I personally think they kind of went overboard and blew a lot of things out of proportion (and a lot of the facts aren't exactly accurate - the contents of milk for example... they left out carbohydrates altogether, which is about 1/3 or more of the milk and includes lactose, galactose, etc.)

I'm about to go off on a tangent now, but now that I'm thinking about proteins... in cows you have meat protein, casein protein and whey protein... all possibly modified. That leaves just soy protein and egg protein. Plants are being genetically modified now, so that covers soy protein... I wonder if anything it being done with the chickens.

new topics

top topics

join