It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Democrats are losing the black community

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I saw this ad for the Republican opponent of Maxine Waters. He talks about what Waters, a black woman, has actually done for her district in the last 44 years, nothing.

When you add this to what Biden has done for the black community in the 47 years he served, nothing that I know of or that he has put in an ad or touted as something he did for the black community. Yet he said that if black people vote for his opponent and not him they aren't black.

People had hoped that Obama would unite the nation and racism would finally come to an end when he was elected President. Yet it became worse and we saw the rise of race riots (Michael Brown 2008, Oscar Grant 2009, Travyon Martin 2009, Manual Diaz 2012, Kimi Gray 2013 ) under his administration and BLM was formed and became a part of the Democratic Party in 2016, all under the Obama/Biden administration.

The Democrats have said they are the champions of the black community and have long assumed that black voters belonged to them. But what did they do to rise up the black community? FD Roosevelt, a Democratic President began the welfare program that tore families apart by forbidding families with fathers to receive welfare or assistance, which began the ripping apart of black families and making single motherhood the norm in black families. Every study done on the effects of single parent families have shown that on the whole children raised without 2 loving adults in the home turn out worse on nearly every measure (there are exceptions of course).

The black community seems to be awakening to how they have been taken for granted and their votes assumed to belong to Democrats.

I think this youtube viral video sums it all up quite nicely.

edit on 10/14/20 by The2Billies because: format

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The "black community" has always been aware. But like the rest of America, they're too busy trying to make ends meet to look up and see what's happening.

The last 4 years have been eye-popping for all of us. Black people aren't monolithic and I don't want to speak for a whole group of humans. But since so many black folks have been voting democrat for decades, it was only a matter of time before the patience ran out and the race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson were told to STFU.

I believe we are reaching that moment now.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Dbl post sorry
😅

edit on 14-10-2020 by Spider879 because: Bad post.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Cuz they stupid like that!, however that doesn't mean the Republican party as they stand this very Now! is gaining ground amongst them.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies Biden supported the black community by going to the store where black women supposedly stock the shelves. That is what he says anyway. So think of this....does anyone believe that Biden would even set foot in a grocery store? His wife may occasionally go out shopping, but I bet they have most things delivered or picked up by the hired help. Biden is one of the privileged, he has forgotten what it was like to be just a regular working guy. He believes he is superior to all of us and is not afraid to tell anyone who challenges him that he is.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Obama made sure every poor Black person got the internet.

That enabled them to learn how they were screwed and taken advantage of, by Democrats.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The Joe COllins ad is 100% right on. Man wouldn't that be a wonderful day if he dethrones Maxine Waters?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obama made sure every poor Black person got the internet.

That enabled them to learn how they were screwed and taken advantage of, by Democrats.

:  Q Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.
www.factcheck.org...

Zombie lies never dies.
And I love how in your mind Black and poor is synonymous...

edit on 14-10-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Democrats getting exposed for what they've really been doing all along since the early 1800s 😎

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
I saw this ad for the Republican opponent of Maxine Waters. He talks about what Waters, a black woman, has actually done for her district in the last 44 years, nothing. ...

I saw that ad yesterday. Excellent. Well done, to the point and merciless.

I have not considered myself a Republican since W lied to us about Iraq and the WMDs. I campagined for Ron Paul and wrote him in last time he ran. I refused to vote for Romney so I sat out that election. I think he would have been as bad as or maybe even worse than Hussein.

My opinion on the two parties is like this: There are two cars, a blue one and a red one. The blue on is driving in a straight line toward a solid concrete wall at 200mph. The red one is heading toward the same wall at only 150mph and it's taking a more circuitous route.

The only advantage that the read one offers is that it gives a little more time before the crash. Maybe there'll be a chance to bail out and stop it, or maybe we'll just have more time to prepare. At any rate, this is the first time since about 2003 that I will be vote pretty much straight Republican ticket. If it weren't for Donald Trump, I'd be casting a vote for Jo Jorgensen, and the friggin' RNC better take note of that, because I think there are many of us thinking the same thing.
:
edit on 2020 10 14 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

My black neighbor has a biden sign hanging on their house.
I told him he's a dumbass...

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Being black, I don't see a mad rush of black folks leaving the Democrat party. Yeah, a few of us left and many more are waking up, but it certainly isn't what I'd call huge numbers.

Personally, I think the real issue is that the Republican party is notoriously bad at outreach. They allow the Democrat party to define them (racist and don't care about Granny!) and they don't make any effort whatsoever to really develop the grassroots in the community.

The Republicans should be seizing this opportunity by recognizing the bubbling discontent and getting out in the community and really having some good discussions as to why the Republican party is a better choice.

Republicans should be in churches, schools, barbershops, going to the "hood" to discuss issues. Republicans don't understand the "culture" aspect of marketing themselves... Democrats have it down.

Many black people look at it a few ways:

1) Republicans are racist

2) Yeah, Democrats suck. However, I never see any Republicans around here.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Instead of saying, "You're a dumb ass," any chance you could invite him over for a beer, maybe even some barbque, and ask him why he's voting for Biden? Listen to him respectfully, then lay out your well prepared case against Biden (his overt racism, his voting record and statements on segregation and incarceration, etc.) and why you are voting for Trump.

Maybe he's deep in TDS territory, so that might not work, but ...

link   
I’ve said this before,The black vote is complex. It isn’t so much that they are losing the black vote, more so, they’re receiving a fractured vote this election season.

Black females identify with Biden while Black Males identify with Trump. In fact, that’s a stat that is in common with all minority groups.
Furthermore, social media like FB is dominated by conservative media and a large portion of that are Black Conservative Americans fielding millions of subs.

I cannot stress just how much help the left receives from liberal media, when you strip that away, the differences are clear and leftist media in general just withers. It doesn’t resonate with Americans.
It’s one of the reasons why the Right dominates so underhandedly without any exposure from liberal media and big tech orgs.

link   
Maybe this video is alerting people.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Instead of saying, "You're a dumb ass," any chance you could invite him over for a beer, maybe even some barbque, and ask him why he's voting for Biden? Listen to him respectfully, then lay out your well prepared case against Biden (his overt racism, his voting record and statements on segregation and incarceration, etc.) and why you are voting for Trump.

Find middle ground and build bridges, metaphorically speaking, impressive.

This resonates well when you contrast the similarities in respect from the GOP and their interactions with ACB.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I've known the man for 15 years...
We talk all the time about just about everything including politics.
My daughter went to junior year prom with his son.

He's a dumbass union democrat.
I won't say what he calls me. Lol

I've said before that I hate everyone equally.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The fact that black voters overwhelmingly support democrats is one of the great mysteries of our time. Hillary got pert near 90% of the black vote.

It's insane,it really is. It's common knowledge that Maxine Waters is unethical. (To put it mildly) The list of her campaign finance abuses is a long one. She knows every conceivable loophole in the Federal Election Commision's laws.
All a politician has to do is say that a family member is providing a business service to the campaign, and they can be paid a lavish salary. Waters has done this for years, paying family members hundreds of thousands of dollars.

She's a crook. But her constiuents continue supporting her!!!!!! She's served what, 14-15 terms?
Her narrative is that "she has deep roots in her community". She's a lifelong parasite, a true career politician.

Again, it's a mystery why black voters keep supporting these crooks. Studies have been done, surveys have been taken.
Who knows?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The fact that black voters overwhelmingly support democrats is one of the great mysteries of our time. Hillary got pert near 90% of the black vote.

It's insane,it really is. It's common knowledge that Maxine Waters is unethical. (To put it mildly) The list of her campaign finance abuses is a long one. She knows every conceivable loophole in the Federal Election Commision's laws.
All a politician has to do is say that a family member is providing a business service to the campaign, and they can be paid a lavish salary. Waters has done this for years, paying family members hundreds of thousands of dollars.

She's a crook. But her constiuents continue supporting her!!!!!! She's served what, 14-15 terms?
Her narrative is that "she has deep roots in her community". She's a lifelong parasite, a true career politician.

Again, it's a mystery why black voters keep supporting these crooks. Studies have been done, surveys have been taken.
Who knows?
These last four years have been an awakening of sorts based off media.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Who knows?

It isn't really a mystery. You have to understand the broader culture of the black community.

Since slavery, there have always been leaders and the community kind of blindly follows. We've always kind of been this cohesive group that sticks together and pushed leaders to the forefront to represent our interest - think Reverends, Civil Rights leaders, politicians....

The problem is that a lot of these leaders use this dynamic as a way to enrich themselves. The Democrat party basically has bought off these black politicians by allowing them to enrich themselves in return for corralling the black vote. It is a hustle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join