It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt - Part Three

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For part two - www.belowtopsecret.com...

Witness #2 - Random Christian Man

The prosocution calls Steven to the stand.

Steven swears on bible.......

Prosocuting Attorney: "Steven, do you consider yourself to be a typical christian"

Steven: "I suppose I do, yes."

Prosocuting Attorney: "I see. Can you describe for me how the bible describes creation in genesis?"

Steven: "Well, god created the world in seven days, or six. He rested for a day.....sunday he rested."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Can you get more specific?"

Steven: "Well, he created man and animals on different days, I know that. Wait, maybe he didn't. I don't really know. I know he created it in 7 days though."

Prosocuting Attorney: "That might have been an unfair question to ask. How about this one. Can you describe for me the events that transpired on the day Jesus was hung on the cross as described in the bible?"

Steven: "Jesus was convicted of some crimes. They made him carry a cross to the top of a hill, and they nailed him too it. He died several hours later."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Can you get more specific on that story?"

Steven: "Well, I don't know all the specifics to be honest, I just know the general story."

Prosocuting Attorney: "I see. Would it be safe to say that you don't know the specifics for most of the bible? For instance, exact wording, location, names, and specific statements?"

Steven: "Yes, that would be a correct assumption."

Prosocuting Attorney: "You called yourself a typical christian before. Would that mean it would be safe to say that typical christians don't know the specifics?"

Defense Attorney: "Objection, speculation!"

Judge: "Sustained, rephrase your question."

Prosocuting Attorney: "No need your honor. Steven, I have learned that you have attended bible study. Is this correct?"

Steven: "Yes, occasionally. I try to get to as many as I can. It is difficult though with the kids and work."

Prosocuting Attorney (Holds up a document....evidence #1): "Do you recognize this Steven?"

(Side note, this is a real study guide that a pentecostal bible study uses)

Steven: "Yes, I think. It looks like one of the worksheets that we use at bible study classes."

Prosocuting Attorney (Brings the document to Steven for closer inspection): "Your name is on this, did you sign this?"

Steven: "Yes, I must have, its definitely my signature."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Can you read the first question out loud for us, and then the answer?"

Steven: "1) Does God Tempt? The answer I wrote was no."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Why did you write no?"

Steven: "Well, that was the right answer. The pastor was guiding us to find correct answers in scripture. He showed us were to find that answer."

Prosocuting Attorney: (Takes the worksheet away) "Can you remember where you found it?" (Brings a bible to the stand and sets it in front of Steven)

Steven: "Do you want me to look? I mean, I can't remember exactly where it says that...oh wait, wasn't the verses on the study guide?"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Yes actually, but I want to know if you can remember where to find this information without the study guide and your pastors guidance. So, do you remember where this information was?"

Steven: "No, I could look it up though. It might take a while."

Prosocuting Attorney: "That's OK, we may call you back to the stand to do that at a later time. For now, I want you to go to the page marked by the yellow tab, and read the highlighted verse from the bible out loud."

Steven (Turns pages, pauses for several seconds while trying to digest what he is reading): "mumble mumble"

(Jury looks around at each other because he spoke too softly)

Prosocuting Attorney: "Steven, please speak louder."

Steven: "And it came to pass after these things, that God did test Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Steven, you are under oath. That is not what it says. Please, read the CORRECT VERSE out loud for the court to hear it!"

Steven: "Listen, you don't understand what........"

Prosocuting Attorney: "ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!!"

Judge: "Please read this out loud, I am curious Steven."

Steven: "You people just don't.........

Prosocuting Attorney: "READ IT OUT LOUD!!!!!!"

Steven: "I hate the way you people try to trap christians! The CC will not stand for this!"

Judge: "Read it out loud or be held for contempt witness!"

Steven: "And it came to pass after these things, that God did TEMPT Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."

(Gasps in audience, and jury as well, general disorder in the court)

Judge: "Order in this courtroom!!" (Slams Gavel)

Prosocuting Attorney: "Tempt, interesting. Your worksheet said that god does not tempt. You wrote that down yourself by your own admission. Yet right there, it says that god did tempt. How did you come to the answer, that God did not tempt again?"

Steven: "My Pastor helped us read the Bible! There are verses that say he did not tempt!"

Prosocuting Attorney: "I understand. So, what you are saying is that there is a contradiction?"

Defense Attorney: "Objection, Leading the Witness!!!"

Judge: "Sustained"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Would you say that this is a contradiction?"

Steven: "No, there are no contradictions in the bible!"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Explain how that is not a contradiction."

Steven: "The word tempt in that instance must mean test. God can test people. I can remember us discussing that in the bible study."

Prosocuting Attorney: "But the original text does say tempt correct?"

Steven: "Yes, I suppose it does."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Did your pastor help you decide that the word tempt in this one instance means to test?"

Steven: "Our pastor helps us understand the bible in the studies. Yes, he helped us understand that. He knows the bible very well."

Prosocuting Attorney: "I am sure he does. So you trust your pastor?"

Steven: "Yes."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Is it possible that he was misleading you to believe that the bible, in this one instance, meant test and not tempt?"

Steven: "No."

Prosocuting Attorney: "Steven, you are under oath! Is it possible that you were mislead by your pastor!???"

Steven: "WHY DO YOU TRY TO TRAP US!!!! YOU ARE INFIDELS. PAGAN SCUM!!!!!!"

Judge: "ORDER!!!!" WITNESS, ANSWER THE QUESTION!!" (Court room bursting with wispers)

Steven: "Yes, It is possible!!! Are you happy!?"

Prosocuting Attorney: "Its ok Steven, calm down. I am not here to hurt you. So you admit, that you do not know the specifics of the bible, and that it is possible that people with leadership roles in your church are misleading you. Would you say that the only reason that I can say this is because you simply do not know the specifics of the bible in enough detail to confirm what you are being taught by your pastor?"

Steven: "Yes, I guess you are correct."

Prosocuting Attorney: "No further questions for this witness."

Judge: "Defense, your witness."

Defense Attorney: "Does your pastor participate in any charitable organizations, or ventures?"

Steven: "Yes, several. He is part of an organization that donates money to needy children in foreign countries as well as in this one. He also participates in several others."

Defense Attorney: "So you have no reason to suspect he would lie to you?"

Steven: "Correct, I have no reason."

Defense Attorney: "No further questions."

Prosocuting Attorney Rebuts: "Being that your pastor does charity work, does that guarantee he does not mislead you?"

Steven: "No, its no guartantee."

Prosocuting Attorney: "No further questions."

[edit on 3/16/2005 by Seapeople]

[edit on 3/16/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Wait wait!!!
Let me catch my breath!

You mean to tell me that this is a real case!?!? I highly doubt it! It seriously sounds like something from a comic book or a T.V. show.

YOU ARE INFIDELS. PAGAN SCUM!!!!!!

hahahahha! Yes, us Christians are evil and believe anyone who doesn't follow our belief system is pegan scum. The author if this story should have left that little line out, kinda makes the story a little cheesy. Infidel? I mean come-on!!! Classic

And look, here's the token hero.

Prosocuting Attorney: "Its ok Steven, calm down. I am not here to hurt you.

This is great! What a joke. Even if I wasn't a Christian though...makinga lady cry? What kind of jerk would want to do that?

But seriously. Is this a real trial? And don't say "I know, this must hurt", because it doesn't. It's ridiculous, and it proves absoultely nothing.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Herman]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Herman, so you proved my point. You are are foolish as I thought.

No bozo, this is not a real case. You might want to take a reading class because I never claimed it was. This is all fabricated. The only thing that is not fabricated from the above, is the worksheet. I have a pentecostal worksheet that says God does not tempt. I also coincedentally have a bible that says he does. I would bet that you do as well.

So Herman, you seem to be following the trial. I do encourage you to keep reading.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Herman, so you proved my point. You are are foolish as I thought.

No bozo, this is not a real case. You might want to take a reading class because I never claimed it was. This is all fabricated. The only thing that is not fabricated from the above, is the worksheet. I have a pentecostal worksheet that says God does not tempt. I also coincedentally have a bible that says he does. I would bet that you do as well.

So Herman, you seem to be following the trial. I do encourage you to keep reading.

Learn to read? How would learning to read help me here? The thing that I was suppose to read ISN'T here, and that was your point. All you did was post these cases, and not tell us anything else. That's why I said "I highly doubt it", and in another part of your sick little trio, "If it's real". So what was your point in making this up? You just want to prove to us that Christianity is flawed? Yes, I believe there are some flaws in the bible. It was written by man. But I don't believe the entire concept of Christianity is lost in these flaws. When got tempted Abraham, he didn't do so to gain anything from him, or to mislead him. He did so to test him, just as you said in your little mock-court case there. This is pretty sick though, seriously.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oh man, poor herman. There is more to come. Hang in there buddy!

new topics

top topics

join