It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all this is true, how do we fix it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: network dude

It's really going to take legislation or an Amendment that prevents lobbying but be honest, who among them is going to vote to cut off their gravy train?

As I said, the money and greed are ruling the day. So I have no illusions this will be easy. But yes, removing lobbyists is an essential part of all this.

When we have these discussions it always sounds good, then everyone see's something shiny or a squirrel and it's over. It can't keep going like that. We need some organization and structure, and true leadership.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
we don't usually agree but I appreciate your thoughtful opening post and I agree with what you are saying in this post.

originally posted by: network dude
start a group. Travel to different cities and try to get others to join in the effort.

I think the goals should be simple ones. (in theory, but super hard to achieve)

1. Find a way to enact term limits on Elected officials.
2. once you enter office, COMPLETE TRANSPARENCY on your finances. Don't want the world to know, stay the fluck at home.
3. Accountability for all. ONE SYSTEM OF JUSTICE. End this idiocy where DC assholes are above the law.

I think if the message stays simple, and the majority of people agree, we can find a way to move forward without burning it all down.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
At this point, Americans are so divided I don't think anything short of a revolution will change things, and even that is a long shot because because enough people must be on the same page to start one. It will require inconvenience, discomfort, and sacrifice. Something Americans aren't good at.

The first target should be the propaganda arm of the big banks and corporations (aka "the shadow government"), meaning the MSM. Freedom of the press doesn't include seditious propagandists, which is what all of them are.

Americans have had the power to take back this country since its inception without firing a shot, but you have to have enough people with a common goal to accomplish the task. That's not likely to happen at this point. They're all looking for a "political saviour" that doesn't exist. Doing it ourselves is out of the question.

I see two main problems that are paramount. First being the media. We cannot have all of the main stream information be controlled propaganda. I have no idea how to fix that, but until that one is fixed, there can be no moving forward. they are too powerful.

Second is the behind the scenes groups that drive the MSM. I'm sick of calling them NWO or Shadow anything, they are simply the problem. Career politicians who have too much money and power, and will stop at nothing to protect it all.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Stop voting the same morons into office for 47 years.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The elephant in the room: firing squads. The needle is not good enough. There is a reason firing squad is still a method of execution. This is that reason. Either line them up and kill them in front of a camera or China wins. NWO is here to stay otherwise. If they don’t pay for their crimes, soon everyone will refuse to pay for theirs.
This is not an angry keyboard warrior. This is the collective subconscious of all of America talking. You know it’s in the back of your head as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If all this is true, how do we fix it.

It is a multi-faceted problem and therefore requires a multi-faceted solution.

But I think it truly starts with an attitude adjustment among the people.... specifically, everyone who thinks they can tell others what to do and what to think and what to believe. We've seen it on steroids in 2020 -- BLM and Critical Race Theory, Trans Activism and "trans women ARE women" so "women's spaces are OUR spaces", the Covid curtain twitchers and face mask Nazis... and it goes on and on...

When the people stop thinking they can bully others and enforce their will on others, then -- maybe -- we can actually unite and fight for true freedom and liberty for all once again.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Well, getting on the internet and complaining, name-calling and politi-blaming certainly isn't working

to true. we need to change the way things have been happening. I have some ideas. But they will require doing things instead of just typing. I have no idea how to bring my ideas to fruition.

Do not let them do that to you. This is a meeting place of intelligent minds. There are influential eyes reading this as we speak.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I way far past worrying about someone watching me. I know what I do, I know what I do wrong. I'm not in this for me anymore, I had my time. But I won't let my grandchildren suffer because I was too damn lazy to try and do something today.

If I learned nothing in my 51 years on this earth, it's Newton's third law is a physics certainty. There will always be a reaction to any action. If you provide good actions, the reactions can be even better, but conversely, bad actions can be catastrophic when the reactions happen. I think it's our duty to do our best to make sure the reaction doesn't end in needless deaths. Life it too precious to waste on stupidity.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

They are big questions I don't have all the answers for.

But term limits would be a GREAT start.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

it's beyond sides. the criminals are on both sides. Hell, there aren't really any sides.
But there is one group that truly matters. Americans. All of us. The one's who have been here since birth, and the one's who came yesterday and want to be a part of what we have. If we all can realize that and the importance of that, I think we can demand a real change.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

They are big questions I don't have all the answers for.

But term limits would be a GREAT start.

bigger than any one of us. But nothing when looking at ALL of us.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The only thing that can be done is to challenge stuff in court, and elect new legislators. One of the worst things to happen, IMO, is Trump bringing the GOP to heel. He needed to start his own party on the heels of his win. It would have been a hard road, for sure. But all he's managed to do is keep half the swamp placated while going after his enemies. I am not sure that is so good for America.

In no world is Pelosi worse than McConnell. Or better. Snakes are snakes.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
The elephant in the room: firing squads. The needle is not good enough. There is a reason firing squad is still a method of execution. This is that reason. Either line them up and kill them in front of a camera or China wins. NWO is here to stay otherwise. If they don’t pay for their crimes, soon everyone will refuse to pay for theirs.
This is not an angry keyboard warrior. This is the collective subconscious of all of America talking. You know it’s in the back of your head as well.

that goes along with accountability. Punishments sever enough that you don't want to risk doing the crime because you are scared to death of doing the time. We let political correctness and soft feelings guide us the wrong way.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I don’t want a single innocent person to die.
But this is THE most pivotal moment in the American justice system in our nations history.
Liberty and justice for all? Or some?
It’s time to treat our country like the beautiful bride she is. Respect her, or she will become a rich mans whore.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

it's beyond sides. the criminals are on both sides. Hell, there aren't really any sides.

I'm confused... I didn't mention "sides." Certainly not partisan "sides." Tyrants are in both parties and all "sides." And not all tyranny is criminal. Which is the problem.

But there is one group that truly matters. Americans. All of us. The one's who have been here since birth, and the one's who came yesterday and want to be a part of what we have. If we all can realize that and the importance of that, I think we can demand a real change.

"...part of what we have"... wouldn't that be freedom and liberty? What exactly do we Americans have if we don't have freedom and liberty first and foremost? If we cannot own ourselves, then we can own nothing -- tangible nor intangible.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The only way I see out of it is complete silent protest globally. No work, no tax to ANY government.

Communities always survive, regardless of governance; people always find a way to live. Conversely, governments only exist because bureaucrats get paid. Governments NEED our voluntary contributions; or they collapse.

Do what they have done to us for decades. Do what they have done to us in 2020. They have taught us that it works.

Lock them down, lock them out of our lives, remove ALL voluntary effort towards the "greater good"... at all. Be selfish to officials and generous to family and friends.

Just as they have bled the economies, communities have the power to bleed governments. If the will is there.

Remove the entire top through lack of participation (even when the "top" is yourself). Do not use their monetary systems any more. Seek cash. Seek barter. Seek trade. Give no third party anything.

No contracts. No courts. No dependence. Everything through a handshake, trust and honour; and where issue arise, direct resolution through open engagement and conversation and scaling temporary expanding community participation, related to the proportion of the issue.

At every point, seek to avoid tax, or any form of official engagement. Do not submit official documents wherever possible. Avoid, avoid, and make it more effort than the "return" they reap from our active participate.

Do not send them letters. Do not vote. Do not even acknowledge their existence, and they WILL deflate and disappear.

Make the politicians fear the scarcity of populace support. Make them fear the receding revenue from the masses, until they are forced to rejoin the communities they live in... or be excluded with all the "money" but NONE of the value of interaction.

Almost an impossibility due to self-interest. Every person who has developed a "passive" income supports the paradigm. If you "own" more than one property, and lease it in order for people to quite simply just live, then you contribute daily to the system, and will you will fundamentally fight the change you all and we all opine for.

Still... the only way I see out. People MUST replace social hierarchy and legacy, with individual worth and self-autonomy.

My new motto is "Governance; Not Government".

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Term Limits for Congress: Should not be able to serve more than 5 terms (10 years). It should also be a part time job. congress should only be in session for 3 months. The pay should also only cover that three months of time while in session.

Senate: Senators should be selected by state legislators. Max of 3 terms.

Bills: All bills should only cover one topic and every bill must be made publicly available for at least two weeks prior to voting.

Lobbying: No congressman or senator should be allowed to lobby in any capacity after leaving office.

Voting: A national voting test should be required. The same test used for citizenship would suffice. We have too many people voting who have no business doing so.

Taxes: no tax increases unless offset by the elimination of an existing tax. All taxes must have a sunset clause that requires it to be revoted on at least every 5 to 10 years.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
At this point, Americans are so divided I don't think anything short of a revolution will change things, and even that is a long shot because because enough people must be on the same page to start one. It will require inconvenience, discomfort, and sacrifice. Something Americans aren't good at.

The first target should be the propaganda arm of the big banks and corporations (aka "the shadow government"), meaning the MSM. Freedom of the press doesn't include seditious propagandists, which is what all of them are.

Americans have had the power to take back this country since its inception without firing a shot, but you have to have enough people with a common goal to accomplish the task. That's not likely to happen at this point. They're all looking for a "political saviour" that doesn't exist. Doing it ourselves is out of the question.

I see two main problems that are paramount. First being the media. We cannot have all of the main stream information be controlled propaganda. I have no idea how to fix that, but until that one is fixed, there can be no moving forward. they are too powerful.

Second is the behind the scenes groups that drive the MSM. I'm sick of calling them NWO or Shadow anything, they are simply the problem. Career politicians who have too much money and power, and will stop at nothing to protect it all.

Putting my cynicism aside for the sake of discussion, lets say we can get enough people on board to make a dent in their armor...
The first step is to hit them hard enough to get their attention. People have got to stop watching the two biggest networks for starters. The numbers on Fox and CNN need to drop drastically. Then we go after the corporations and names behind them. Stop buying their products en masse, and they need to receive millions of letters and comments on their websites telling them why those numbers dropped and why their products are being boycotted. We will get nowhere as long as people are watching them on the boob-tube and giving them clicks on the interwebz.

It will take millions of people from both sides protesting and denouncing these seditious liars to make them pay attention. They need to know we're no longer buying into the Bullshirt or their products.

We also need a landmark decision that takes them out from under First amendment protection. They are NOT the press.
edit on 10/13/2020 by Klassified because: redaction

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sometimes the bad guys win.

Sometimes things go sideways.

We'll learn to adapt, adjust.

The corruption is too severe. The infection too far along.

If I believed that, I would rent a corvette and drive off a big cliff. I am not ready to give up.

The problem is, we need a revolution and there's no guarantee that the winners of said revolution would be any better than the losers.

IN fact, history is not on our side in that one.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Term Limits for Congress: Should not be able to serve more than 5 terms (10 years). It should also be a part time job. congress should only be in session for 3 months. The pay should also only cover that three months of time while in session.

Is that in any office in Congress at any level, or just in one office at one level? 10 years state, 10 years local, mixing Senate and House or even leaping to president still makes it career.

Senate: Senators should be selected by state legislators. Max of 3 terms.

Mostly that takes repealing one Amendment.

Bills: All bills should only cover one topic and every bill must be made publicly available for at least two weeks prior to voting.

This is good. I would add something about not writing bills that leave the door open to massive regulations being written upon passage too.

Lobbying: No congressman or senator should be allowed to lobby in any capacity after leaving office.

Do they also get barred from this as part of working in a private capacity? Husband is part of an industry lobbying group and has sat across from government regulators as a subject matter expert before. Would such thing bar him from that capacity?

Voting: A national voting test should be required. The same test used for citizenship would suffice. We have too many people voting who have no business doing so.

In order to pass this sort of thing, it would have to treated similar to the driving test where the manual is freely available to be obtained and studied and the test could cover anything within and would then vary.

Taxes: no tax increases unless offset by the elimination of an existing tax. All taxes must have a sunset clause that requires it to be revoted on at least every 5 to 10 years.

I believe that people shouldn't be allowed to vote on the disposition of tax revenue without having to pay some taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join