It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all this is true, how do we fix it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As the facts emerge and the truth finds its way to the forefront, we as a nation are faced with a serious issue. I know we all want to think we are important, but this seems to be the single biggest event I have witnessed in my lifetime. We have given the government too much power, and they now control us and no longer fear us. That is a huge problem.

And this isn't about R's and D's anymore. This is about tyrannical leaders using their tools and assets against the people of this nation.

What can we do about it?

The media suppresses the truth, uses propaganda to control public opinion, and lies to our faces on a daily basis. this has to stop.
I think a first step is that we all realize the gravity of what's happening. And we all need to come together to find a fix.

Is there any members of Congress or the Senate who aren't bought and paid for? Are there any true patriots left at all?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
What can we do about it?

Is there any members of Congress or the Senate who aren't bought and paid for?

We all meet at the designated place, get good and liquored up (I have you covered you beer-less slug) and then we kill all the lobbyists.

edit on 13-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, getting on the internet and complaining, name-calling and politi-blaming certainly isn't working

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Burn it all down and start over?

Well maybe not that severe. However removing profitability from political office would go a long way.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Well, getting on the internet and complaining, name-calling and politi-blaming certainly isn't working

to true. we need to change the way things have been happening. I have some ideas. But they will require doing things instead of just typing. I have no idea how to bring my ideas to fruition.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What can we do about it?

We all meet at the designated place, get good and liquored up (I have you covered you beer-less slug) and then we kill all the lobbyists.

good start, but seriously, someone needs to step up to the plate, and I'm tired of waiting for "someone".

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Probably fix it by moving.
Let it collapse, then come back

Sorry all I got..its not good

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Sometimes the bad guys win.

Sometimes things go sideways.

We'll learn to adapt, adjust.

The corruption is too severe. The infection too far along.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

good start, but seriously, someone needs to step up to the plate, and I'm tired of waiting for "someone".

Yeah, all joking aside, I get the frustration, welcome to my last 20 years of politics. Nothing is gong to change without some absolutely nutzo actions on the average citizen's part, of that I am convinced.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
start a group. Travel to different cities and try to get others to join in the effort.

I think the goals should be simple ones. (in theory, but super hard to achieve)

1. Find a way to enact term limits on Elected officials.
2. once you enter office, COMPLETE TRANSPARENCY on your finances. Don't want the world to know, stay the fluck at home.
3. Accountability for all. ONE SYSTEM OF JUSTICE. End this idiocy where DC assholes are above the law.

I think if the message stays simple, and the majority of people agree, we can find a way to move forward without burning it all down.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If I believed that, I would rent a corvette and drive off a big cliff. I am not ready to give up.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"They" know that. Its why we are tracked, corralled, installed into databases, kept busy and use peer pressure as compliance.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What can we do about it?

I nominate you!

We do need to do something. TXRabbit’s whiny non-comment is dumb, because there IS value in communicating and getting people aware and coordinated. How else are we going to do that? Psychic messages?

And you’re right that it’s not about left and right, though too many people have bought into exactly that, so we fight, which is their wish, those who are criminals (our representatives and elected and unelected officials). I don’t know how people don’t see this, with the coranavitus bullsh!t.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
At this point, Americans are so divided I don't think anything short of a revolution will change things, and even that is a long shot because because enough people must be on the same page to start one. It will require inconvenience, discomfort, and sacrifice. Something Americans aren't good at.

The first target should be the propaganda arm of the big banks and corporations (aka "the shadow government"), meaning the MSM. Freedom of the press doesn't include seditious propagandists, which is what all of them are.

Americans have had the power to take back this country since its inception without firing a shot, but you have to have enough people with a common goal to accomplish the task. That's not likely to happen at this point. They're all looking for a "political saviour" that doesn't exist. Doing it ourselves is out of the question.

edit on 10/13/2020 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is not the first time it wont be the last the problem is solved the same way every time

Brute force and a rope to remind everyone why u dont screw over the masses

Than everyone forgets and it all starts over again

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If I believed that, I would rent a corvette and drive off a big cliff. I am not ready to give up.

The problem is, we need a revolution and there's no guarantee that the winners of said revolution would be any better than the losers.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

we have some smart people here. It's as good a place as any to come up with a peaceful solution to what we face.
And this shouldn't be political at all. It needs to be universal. in the end, every bad situation seems to revolve around greed, money, and corruption.

If we find how the money flows, we can find a way to stop it.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It's really going to take legislation or an Amendment that prevents lobbying but be honest, who among them is going to vote to cut off their gravy train?

link   
You say "this has to stop" and it's true. We have to look at how we are supporting this system and cut off all that support.

For me, that support starts with taxes. I hate paying taxes not because I think it's wrong or overpriced but because of government wastage and funding of military that takes out other civilians in other countries. If we all decided what we want to support and no more and personally redirect it. I'd be willing to give my money to local schools, hospital, police, fire, ambulance, roads etc. Nothing more until they prove themselves. We are currently paying to support our bullies. It's like handing your lunch over to the bully in school.

No more funding big corps either so do with way less, gas, amazon, insurance. Instead we need to pool resources and support small business. This would be a big pain in the butt but what they have planned for us isn't going to be pleasant either.

Until the majority of the population open their fool eyes to the corruption it is a waste of life energy to fight the system but I do think that a window of opportunity will come if they realize they were played by the coronavirus debacle.

There needs to be a revolution in the value of integrity and accountability but not cloaked in one religion or another as this is a world wide problem and needs all the worker ants to rise together.

When I was in an abusive relationship, I read somewhere that the abuse you will put up with from others is equal to the abuse you will accept from yourself and I think something like this is in play here. We have accepted it far too long, it's so familiar and while it may be painful to shrug off, we can find the inner strength and walk away. Somehow.

link   

The problem is, we need a revolution and there's no guarantee that the winners of said revolution would be any better than the losers.

if we enter into any sort of violent conflict, we all loose. I could list pages of reasons why, but most are common sense.
We The People are supposed to hold the power. We need to see if that's still the case. But not by violence, by ideas and numbers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join