It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Dark Days. (The black band on ATS)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
*Bump*

Will the black banner ever be removed?

It's not on the banners apart from the 'Abovetopsecret' standard one with the red background. Is it there to stay?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Magic Eight-Ball, Magic Eight-Ball...

Originally posted by phixion
Will the black banner ever be removed?

Sources say "yes".

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Are you familiar with Little Britain?

"Computer says no..." *Cough*

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Modern Conveniences

Originally posted by phixion
Are you familiar with Little Britain?

What? It comes in a miniature size now?

Too cool!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
*Takes the comment which was so expected

But really, it is damn funny.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
no, i doubt it will ever be removed due to nothing has really changed.
sad.

*cries*

its not fair...i want the old ATS back :'(

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
no, i doubt it will ever be removed due to nothing has really changed.
sad.

*cries*

I second that

Will it ever come back though...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Don't Look Back

Originally posted by infinite

Me too.

But we won't ever get the old ATS back.

Instead, it's up to us to make the future ATS even better.

Impossible? Maybe, but I'm willing to find out.

It starts with us.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I cruise the forum and the chats to get some hard core facts on possible alien activity, disruptions with forces I don't understand and new technology undreamed of.

People seem to try to introduce stories about politics. There's party lines drawn dealing with words like "Republican," "Democratic," and a host of other political terms that have "nothing" to do with "conspiracy" and things like what David Icke has written or "Coast To Coast."

It's like the site is being changed into a "current events" site rather then a "conspiracy" track secret agendas site.

That's the best way to say it being that the exploration of the "unknown" hasn't been labeled as a science just yet.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by pfunkarocka]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The Hidden Treasure

Originally posted by pfunkarocka
It's like the site is being changed into a "current events" site rather then a "conspiracy" track secret agendas site.

The conspiracies are still there, despite attempts on the part of some to obscure them.

You just need to be willing to look, and see past the smokescreens.

ATS is under attack. We may not win, but it's worth a fight.

Keep looking.

The truth is out there.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Suddenly, The Band Stopped Playing

The black bands are gone!

Of course, I am compelled to ask what changed. So, what changed?

But maybe the more relevant question is this:

What can we go to keep the bands from being put back on?

I think we already have a good idea where to start.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Its not on every shot, just the one thats all red.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That band is no going anywhere and it still in my header, so I wonder if some can see it more than others.

Occurs they can paint the entire header black, it doesn't bother me.

But I feel sometimes that with the littler black reminder I am not longer and adult but has been treated like a child.

I think is time to take the silly thing away.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Band Frequency

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Its not on every shot, just the one thats all red.

Well it used to be on almost all of them. I don't see black bands on any of them now.

The bands you're seeing are probably on older images cached by your browser.

Something has changed, but how, and why?

Is it simply time to move on, or did something happen to make them come off?

Enquiring minds want to know.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yeah when I posted here a few days ago it was because I noticed none of the banners had the black banner apart from the all red ATS one.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I noticed it was still there also -- but I think it may be losing effectiveness -- now I just see it and say to myself "Geeze isn't it time to remove it yet?" I don't even think about the reason it was put up to begin with anymore -- in fact I would have to reread the thread to remind myself.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I dunno...
I am kinda thinking we need it as long as people still respond to a post with a comment like "that is always the case with you liberals" when it isn't a political forum... and the person made no claim to being liberal...

I also see this Prophet of Yahweh garbage as polluting our board...
but hey...
I know those damn libs will beleive anything... so let them have thier prophet... at least it keeps them off the bong for awhile...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Prophet Yahweh Loves You

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I also see this Prophet of Yahweh garbage as polluting our board...
but hey...
I know those damn libs will beleive anything... so let them have thier prophet... at least it keeps them off the bong for awhile...

Prophet Yahweh loves irony: “Blessed are the humorists, for they bring laughter where others bring pain.”*

As for keeping liberals off the bong: “Stay off the pipe. You don't need that tripe.”*

I think Prophet Yahweh (PY) is probably a hoax, though he seems like a nice enough fellow. Heck, he may not even be in on it.

But I definitely sense a hustle at his website.

Is PY polluting our board? No, I really don't think so, even if he's a hoax. Hoax or not, this is, in my opinion, the bread and butter of ATS.

Just because we discuss PY here doesn't mean ATS endorses him as legitimate. In fact, many ATSers are committed to debunking him. It's one of our specialties, after all.

So I say enjoy! Whatever you might think about PY and the hullabaloo surrounding him, it's good entertainment, and for the price, it's hard to go wrong.

Meanwhile, the more ATSers I see discarding the absurd notion that any of us is a “liberal” or “conservative” instead of individual human beings with our own opinions, the happier all of us will be.

Labels are for losers.

As for the black bands, there seems to have been some changes to the graphics, but that could have just been my tendency to hallucinate while surfing ATS.

And the band stays on -- at least on the “plain vanilla” logo.

*The Prophet Yahweh never said any of these things. I'm just putting words in his mouth, which is what people have traditionally done to prophets, anyway. -M

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I hope everyone got the satire on my last post...
i can be a bit dry sometimes..

I rejoice that there are people like PY to discuss and debunk as needs be...
that is ATS to me...

The political wrangling is what bothers me about the board... it wasn't there in the begining... but certain members are using it as a staple in postings now (some board elites as well). they feel they can sway a board opinion by labeling the opposing side a "lib or a con"

Are we all so caught up in liberal/conservative, that we have forgotten that people are not political tags, and nothing can be assumed by previous stances... I for one, am sometimes a liberal, sometimes a conservative, and many times an independant or libertarian... based totally on the issue at hand, so i resent it when someone trys to label me with a political tag to try to refute my arguement...

these people are doing little more than a slightly more mature version of grades chool banter
"well he picks his nose" "well he said he had a crush on the teacher...UWEHHH"

If we all could stick to facts and stop trying to break down the board into opposing factions, then the old ATS would thrive...

lets all stop slapping political labels on each other... it serves no purpose in regards to debunking conspiracies

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
When i first found ATS i hoped to find answers, or at the very least different and interesting points of view to questions that seem to have no real answers.
I found a thriving comunity of alternative thought, people who were willing to think outside the box and not be led along by the PTB.
Over time the War in Iraq and US and British foreign policy changed all that and i found my self feeling forced to take sides in arguments that had no real place on a board of this nature. Polotics has its place but the constant bickering and insult throwing between people who were deemed "neo-cons" and "liberals" became tiresome.
Although i no longer post and take an active part in discussion i still browse the forums and more and more see ordered discussion fall into mindless and un constuctive arguments.
Yes the black band at the top of the main forum boards are very apt indeed, its sad to see how far ATS has fallen from the beacon of light it once was to what it has and is becomming.
There are plenty of real conspiricies out there for people to get their teeth into, no need to sink those teeth into each other.
Well, back to lurking for me until these boards come full circle, back into what they were before.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join