It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know when and how we messed up our country.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: drewlander

That explains why I'm unfamiliar with it. I don't really follow that stuff. Funny, nonetheless.

I wonder why it's changed from "Look" to "Listen" on the t-shirt. To circumvent legal entanglements?

Probably because large groups of people remember things wrong;

"Luke, I am your father" (wrong) vs "I am your father" (correct).

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes you are correct.
Don't let the puppy learn to fight, so we can maintain the big dog position.
It's obvious.

Now add common core and make that pup stupid too.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Bullies are typically insecure kids who get bullied at home, taking out their agressions on a weaker target since they cannot take them out on the source of their anger (usually the parent). What happened to the idea that the number one influence on a child and how they develop into an adult is the way their parents raised them? Now its because their peers aren't making fun of them enough? Maybe the generation of parents who raised the current one did a piss poor job in doing so. The Baby Boomer Me Generation raised a bunch of kids they tried to vicariously live through instead of treating them like individual human beings and the result is a bunch of broken adults who can't with function mental health and entitlement issues.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Skinny fat? Isn't that a gym thing? Like when you're skinny but have no muscle?

I blame us - general Americans who, when the economy is doing well, just put on blinders, got to jobs we hate, buy # we don't really need in excess, run our lives on hamster wheels 24/7 following our wicked important daily agenda never paying attention to things going on outside of our own little self-serving bubbles. As long as we have important job titles, drive cars with the newest technology and can shut up our kids by giving them the newest iPhone everything will be OK. Acting as if our lives and our stuff is so important and significant, acting like they we are in control of everything. It's that arrogance, that damn "Nothing can take us down because we're the best and everyone knows it arrogance". Until something takes us down and everyone's standing around wondering how it happened.
And yeah, parents treating kids like friends instead of acting like parent could have something to do with it.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxerBrawler

Skinny fat? Isn't that a gym thing? Like when you're skinny but have no muscle?

Yes. Exactly what it means.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Our country really started going downhill when the major broadcasters (ABC,NBC and CBS) decided that they would no longer offer the news as a public service, but rather the news departments now had to pay for themselves.

Before then, these major broadcasters would subsidize their news departments. Now these same news departments have to sell advertising to pay for their news reporting.

This caused a fundamental shift in what news was reported and. more importantly, how it was reported. Now news had to be entertaining to bring in those coveted viewers the advertisers wanted.

Then with the advent of the 24 hour news cycle/stations (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.) there became a need to fill those hours with something. There often wasn't enough news to report to fill the 24 hour cycle without endlessly repeating the same stories, so they started filling airtime with opinion pieces masquerading as news. Now opinions were being reported as facts and the more inflammatory, the more viewers would tune in, making the advertisers happy and netting more money for the networks.

Opinion shows are cheap, just pay a couple people to opine on air and the film crew. No travel, no investigations, nothing but spouting your opinions and arguing, and people seem to love to watch people arguing (Jerry Springer Show, anyone?).

Your "news" is now a product to be packaged and sold. It is no longer about getting to the heart of the matter, to the truth, it is about selling a "product" and getting advertising dollars.

This is how we messed up our country...and I don't see anything changing in this regard anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yes. Skinny-Fat is real. Basically a skinny guy due to lack of muscle growth and with a belly from all the hot pockets.

It’s even worse when the skinny fat dude wears skinny jeans.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It was the slow takeover of the education system by Liberals. Now it's churning out uneducated indoctrinated brainwashed citizens who don't know history, math, reading, or critical thinking.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Patriot Act?

Gold Standard?

Foreign policy (arming rebels and extremists)?

This has been a long and meticulous road.

All that stuff is obviously bad for America.

But the Smith Mundt deal has led to the utter #hole of Americas cities today. If NYC dies, it will be solely because of a propaganda campaign.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It was the slow takeover of the education system by Liberals. Now it's churning out uneducated indoctrinated brainwashed citizens who don't know history, math, reading, or critical thinking.

But the trade-offs!

They know how to feel really, really good about themselves and all of the 57 genders.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181
Skipped leg day for their whole life

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My two cents, we started the quick slide when the population started thinking politics was like American Idol. It's all about appearance not the actual facts. After most people's take away from the VP debates was the fly, I gave up. It's amazing that idiots are deciding elections now.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Patriot Act?

Gold Standard?

Foreign policy (arming rebels and extremists)?

This has been a long and meticulous road.

Right you are!

Don't forget AUMF and the repeal of Glass- Steagall.

The domestic enemies of the US Constitution are far more virulent than any foreign enemy. This country has been on a downward trajectory for quite some time now.

Great thread!

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I didn't take what the OP said

And so now, I watch the tely and see all these skinny unhealthy nerd people marching up and down the streets of the USA screaming nonsense. Most of them are overweight, or malnourished.

to mean skinny-fat. Skinny-fat is its own thing and the way you describe it is the way I think about it. Instead of "fat", OP says "overweight", from which the modifier "skinny" is separate. Even if we assume skinny-fat is what s/he mean, their writing does a poor job conveying it.

Still, I am amused overall at the OP's observation. It is reminiscent of Seinfeld, I think.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
And so now, I watch the tely and see all these skinny unhealthy nerd people marching up and down the streets of the USA screaming nonsense. Most of them are overweight, or malnourished.(just an observation)

Um nobody in the US calls the Television a Telly, maybe BoobTube, The Box, Idiot Box, but NEVER Telly

You are a England shill! Now bugger off!

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

No, I think there are skinny-fat people in there too. Let's face it, most of them don't understand what it means to really, really work to achieve a goal, so they aren't going to be hitting the gym or exercise class. They may be at a proper weight, but there's no muscle on those bones.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I never imagined I'd compose a sentence like this, but here I am.

When you say

No, I think there are skinny-fat people in there too.

do you mean that skinny-fat is implicit to or insinuated intentionally by OP, or that some of the street-marchers are skinny-fats?

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is just my opinion here, but I think the downfall started in 1913, when 9 wealthy individuals got together on a train ride on the East Coast and, over the course of a couple of days, came up with the Federal Reserve. We LITERALLY sold our country out to special interest groups from then on.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: FingerMan
And so now, I watch the tely and see all these skinny unhealthy nerd people marching up and down the streets of the USA screaming nonsense. Most of them are overweight, or malnourished.(just an observation)

Um nobody in the US calls the Television a Telly, maybe BoobTube, The Box, Idiot Box, but NEVER Telly

You are a England shill! Now bugger off!
Listen matey! Knock the block off the chimney already! Tely is squat for telyvision.
I never said skinny fat people. But I'll agree that I did so we can get to the nerd part. We need some old fashioned high school bullies in the middle of those crowds knocking hats off and calling names. Let the little she-men run home bumbling to their mums.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I vote when ToysRUs closed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join