It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Hearings for Judge Barrett SCOTUS Nominee Day 2 9am Eastern Time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Day 2 of the Amy Barrett Senate hearings Tuesday Oct 13 2020 at 9am Eastern Time

Day 1 was basic opening statements by everybody.

Day 2 starts the direct questions !!!!

Lets see who flies off the handle first with the ad homs !!

Democrats on Day 1 were hot and heavy about Obama.Care !!

Day 1 Thread

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I hear the Dems will try to stop this all by not allowing for a quorum. Not sure how the rules are about that, but perhaps the final up or down vote is not valid without a quorum?

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I think tucker nailed this analysis.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
I hear the Dems will try to stop this all by not allowing for a quorum. Not sure how the rules are about that, but perhaps the final up or down vote is not valid without a quorum?

I think a quorum is 51.

aka "51%" 😎

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I caught a few minutes of it with Feinstein speaking.

I effing lost it and yelled explicatives at the television.

She was going on about 'gun violence' and RECORD number of SALES, and wait for it.

BACKGROUND CHECKS!.

And yet They must do something.

She must really take Americans for complete and total idiots.

Not to mention ALL of that violence was done because certain IDIOTS were yelling to abolish the cops,looting,burning,murdering.

I am so effing mad right now. I had to stop watching.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Grassley made hash browns out some of the Democrat BS by mentioning how much of the ACA is already chopped up and legislatively repealed 00ps 😃

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Senator Leahy having a horrible time just getting an understandable sentence assembled LOL😃

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I just watched the Feinstein's questioning. Barrett easily avoided the traps being laid for her. She even invoked Kagan.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
They keep banging on and on over the ACA/Obamacare. I don't understand.

We keep getting told over and over that they are winning bigly in November, so why all this angst? If the Democrats are winning so hugely, they'll push through Medicare for All, and we'll all end up on socialized health care. The ACA will be dead. So why do they care what ACB thinks of it or what she'll rule on it?

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

a member of George W. Bush’s legal team

A Rigged Judiciary Leads to Rigged Elections: Ari Berman on Barrett Hearings & GOP Voter Suppression

Okay, first things first: is this an ad hom already?

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It does. Why do you think they wanted/needed Hillary to win so badly? Why do you think the first thing they'll do is nuke the filibuster and pack the court if they win in November?

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They keep banging on and on over the ACA/Obamacare. I don't understand.

What's not to understand ?

They've done nothing for the last four years but frame Flynn,spy on Trump, Created a fake impeachment,scare people literally to death with a fake pandemic, and destroyed our livelihoods, and civil unrest on our streets.

All they got is the Affordable shaft act to fall back on.

Hope Judge Emmet was paying attention to her comment about what the law is, not what they want it to be, and a pulpit.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Obviously this is lost on Feinstein and crew.

Judge Amy Coney Barrett addressed the widespread misinformation that judges can brazenly make rulings based on the whims of the day, explaining the process and stressing judges cannot just “walk in like a royal queen” and “impose” their will on the world.

Emmet REALLY needs to be paying attention.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But... but... but... Hillary!

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Rumor: Democrats could be planning on "doing something" just after Amy Coney-Barrett is out of the Judiciary Committee and headed for the full Senate.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Rumor: Democrats could be planning on "doing something" just after Amy Coney-Barrett is out of the Judiciary Committee and headed for the full Senate.

Might be about the Schumer rumor that he wants to convince a few R's not to show up for the main vote along with all D's.

A Senate quorum is 51 people.

No quorum, no vote !!! 😃🦊

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The way Barrett keeps looking at the Democrats in a strange way is like "why are they all nuts?" 😃

So far she's stopped 99% of the Democrat bullshyst 🦊😎

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just saw this elsewhere on line.

Amy Coney Barrett shouldn't answer any questions until AFTER she's confirmed.

lolz

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Republican Senators should self-quarantine between now and the full Senate convening to vote. Be very very cautious, like Democrats want 100% of Americans to be.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Take a page from Joe Biden's handbook, and customize it to..."Democrats don't deserve to know my thoughts"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join