It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A China-US Rabbit Hole.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is a post about the SARS-COV-19. Not directly but indirectly as you will see. I went down this particular because I did an Astrology Seminar the weekend of October 3rd and 4th. The referenced session was presented by the experienced and acclaimed Dutch astrologer, Karen Hamaker-Zondag. I watched her presentation live, it was later removed from the program (another topic altogether).

While she did not at any time, nor do I, subscribe to the idea that any of the following was malicious, she did lay out a plausible case for the virus being altered in the lab and escaping said lab.

The following rabbit hole gets deep.

In 2014 the US government put a pause on “Gain of Function” research in the US:

Gain-of-function (GOF) research involves experimentation that aims or is expected to (and/or, perhaps, actually does) increase the transmissibility and/or virulence of pathogens.
Such research, when conducted by responsible scientists, usually aims to improve understanding of disease causing agents, their interaction with human hosts, and/or their potential to cause pandemics.
The ultimate objective of such research is to better inform public health and preparedness efforts and/or development of medical countermeasures.
Despite these important potential benefits, GOF research (GOFR) can pose risks regarding biosecurity and biosafety. GOFR is a subset of “dual-use research”—i.e., research that can be used for both beneficial and malevolent purposes.
Whereas the dual-use life science research debate has largely focused on biosecurity dangers associated with potential malevolent use of research, the GOFR debate has more explicitly focused on risks involving both biosecurity and biosafety—the point being that creation of especially dangerous pathogens might pose highly significant biosafety risks that are independent of, and perhaps more feasible to measure/assess than, risks associated with malevolent use.
Following controversy surrounding research, published in 2012, that led to the creation of highly pathogenic H5N1 (avian) influenza virus strains that were airborne transmissible between ferrets—and more recent reports of biosafety mishaps involving anthrax, smallpox, and H5N1 in government laboratories—in 2014 the administration of US President Barack Obama called for a “pause” on funding (and relevant research with existing US Government funding) of GOF experiments involving influenza, SARS, and MERS viruses in particular.
This pause applies specifically to experiments that “may be reasonably anticipated to confer attributes … such that the virus would have enhanced pathogenicity and/or transmissibility in mammals via the respiratory route” (White House 2014).

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Interesting place to start, didn’t know about this, did you?

Well it seems that Dr. Anthony Fauci of the Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases outsourced (it’s disturbing that Allergies and Infectious Diseases are combined, n’est pa?) some of this type of “Gain of Function” to the Wuhan Laboratory.

But just last year, the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the organization led by Dr. Fauci, funded scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and other institutions for work on gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses.

www.newsweek.com...

… After the “Pause” on this kind of research was lifted on or about December 19, 2017 by the current administration.

In a statement today, NIH Director Francis Collins, MD, PhD, said "We have a responsibility to ensure that research with infectious agents is conducted responsibly, and that we consider the potential biosafety and biosecurity risks associated with such research." He added that he is confident that the review process spelled out in the new framework "will help to facilitate the safe, secure, and responsible conduct of this type of research in a manner that maximizes the benefits to public health.

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

Now why on earth would this be outsourced to China? It’s a security issue.

China has only one Bio Level 4 lab however…

BSL-4 labs are built to contain infectious agents such as the Ebola, Nipah and Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever viruses, all of which are highly transmissible and frequently fatal diseases.
Although China intends to build five to seven high-containment laboratories by 2025, as of now, only the Wuhan lab can currently contain pathogens of this nature, according to the 2019 CDC report.

www.livescience.com...

Now again we know the Chinese are not renowned for their safety measures and adverse to unplanned inspections. Again why pay another country to do this work that could be weaponized – to save a few bucks since our own safety measures are often inadequate perhaps?
Then there is the ethical dilemma of this type of work – do you trust your so called adversaries to do this work and pay them?

Now a couple of gossipy & sensationalist[ links, ‘cause, well, Above Top Secret.

From Vox:

The increased attention to gain-of-function research is a good thing. This kind of highly controversial research — banned under the Obama administration after safety incidents demonstrated that lab containment is rarely airtight — began again under the Trump administration, and many scientists and public health researchers think it’s a really bad idea. Our brush with the horrors of a pandemic might force us to reconsider the warnings those experts have been sounding for years.

www.vox.com...

As such in October 2014, due to public health concerns the US government banned all federal funding on efforts to weaponize three viruses—influenza, Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
In the face of a moratorium in the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci–director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) and currently the leading doctor in the US Coronavirus Task Force–outsourced in 2015 the GOF research to China’s Wuhan lab and licensed the lab to continue receiving federal funding.

blogs.timesofisrael.com...

Well there you have the beginning of a very interesting rabbit hole should you wish to jump in.

So, in effect, the US was paying China to do dangerous research (why again) that could be used as the basis of a weapon of mass destruction.

Deliberate, accidental or a natural mutation there is a lot of smoke here.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

When you break all this down and look for the weakest link it all goes to Dr. Anthony Fauci , That guy should be in prison for crimes against humanity and his assets seized the same with a few other people it will send a message hopefully but i will not hold my breath on it happening

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was calling this out from the beginning, but not as eloquently as you.
My problrm is the whole thing reads like a conspiracy for normies.
Something to get the biggest npc media drinkers to follow a conspiracy.
The Bill gates shots crap...all of it

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I don't agree, I think it's a systemic problem. He is certainly part of the problem but he's not an evil mastermind.

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I don't agree, I think it's a systemic problem. He is certainly part of the problem but he's not an evil mastermind.

The circle of friends he has would be the likely culprits to investigate with a little jag of sodium thiopental , Call it poetic justice if you will but something tells me there are a lot of layers in this game the way everything is going in LOCK STEP

top topics

join