It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melting Ice Reveals Undeniable 60ft Wide Disc Stuck in the Ground of Antarctica

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's just a pool of water. The whole surrounding area is rocky lava beds with numerous other trapped water pools similar to it.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Im in.

Would love to go there see what Admiral byrd seen

Shhhhhh 😉.... I’ll let you in on a personal factoid about me. I’ve been to the ice as a member of U.S. Navy VXE-6 AntarcticDevronSix ... back in the day with the Squadron. We supported the National Science Foundation during Operation Deep Freeze. The Squadron has been decommissioned for many years now. The Air National Guard in NY took it over last I recall. We were based on McMurdo Station while on the ice. Below is a stock photo of our Squadron. We had a generous mix of ski equipped C-130’s and UH-1N’s. I will say it was a highlight of my life, truly like being on another world. Of my time there, a member of the Squadron, I was fortunate to make it to the South Pole twice. My entire time on the ice, was during the summer season...it was sun 7/24. My interest in UFO’s gave me the opportunity to look into the sky’s there....but I never saw anything that would qualify as an object I couldn’t identify. Nevertheless, my experience will die with me.

In the background... Mt. Erebus a semi active volcano that still releases a plume.

edit on 16-10-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Did you get to wander off and have a look see around the place? Like a trek into the wilderness of it?
That is a goal i want to achieve right there

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: FingerMan
How many times have we had a blurry image that everyone jumped to conclusions on?
Like literally thousands.

In this day and age, high res or it did not happen.

Carry on. Drink your beer. Nothing to see here.

I bet you use that argument to ignore EVERY photo or video of objects (flying or non-flying) that are not straightforward to identify. In truth, it's a dishonest, cheap way of dismissing anything that your mind-set/philosophy finds difficult to pidgeon hole. Just because an image is not sharp enough to eliminate various interpretations of it does not imply there is "nothing to see here." Scientists do not dismiss difficult-to-explain phenomena simply because they don't (yet) have enough data to identify/explain them. They keep them on file until they have refined their experimental apparatus so that they DO have enough data to eliminate possible candidate explanations. That is the way of science - not ignoring new phenomena merely because they don't possess adequate data to eliminate possible explanations.

Your attitude is unscientific. In the absence of adequate data, the proper viewpoint should be one of suspending judgement and remaining impartial. The typical internet attitude of "pics or it never happened" is just a form of intellectual evasion that is more interested in inviting peer respect than it is in solving a real problem.

Wow! You really want to believe this.

I bet you said the same thing when someone told you Santa Claus was not real.

Professional Wrestling is staged and fake. Come at me!
edit on 17-10-2020 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Did you get to wander off and have a look see around the place? Like a trek into the wilderness of it?
That is a goal i want to achieve right there

Did quite few things when the opportunity arose. I must warn you...no matter where you go there is a level of danger to respect and always be safety minded. I have stories and pics. Unfortunately this is not the forum to go long winded. I had fun and adventure. I am a lifetime member of the Old Antarctic Explorers Association ... google it.

edit on 17-10-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
a reply to: openminded2011
Ponds would not form and then get frozen on a steeply inclined surface. Also, the rim is too sharp and smoothly curved to be the edge of a pond. Other ponds/lakes shown nearby display ragged "shorelines". The edges of this look far smoother with a shoreline that looks unnaturally even and smooth.

If you zoom out there are a number of other features that look just like this one. Sorry, its a pond.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join