It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day of Rage - Portland Militants Topple Statues of Roosevelt and Lincoln

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The Portland riots continue with minimum MSM reporting.

Last night they took down statues of Abe Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt !!

Police still under questionable orders from local government bosses.

Police were there but did zero until AFTER the statues came down and then declared a riot and did nothing for an hour !!

When will this Democrat phony bullshyst end ?

😆😆

Portland’s indigenous faction of Antifa militants toppled statues of Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln on Sunday, before vandalizing the Oregon Historical Society.

The destruction was part of a “Day of Rage” promoted by the militants, who said that no cameras or livestreamers would be allowed.

‘ Day of Rage’: Portland Militants Topple Statues of Roosevelt and Lincoln, Smash Oregon Historical Society (VIDEOS)

A group of protesters toppled statues of former presidents Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln and shattered the entrance to the Oregon Historical Society in Portland’s South Park Blocks late Sunday before moving into other areas of downtown, smashing storefronts and engaging in other acts of destruction.

Police declared the event a riot and ordered people rampaging through the city’s streets to disperse but did not directly intervene until nearly an hour after the first statue fell. The crowd scattered when police cruisers flooded the area, and officers in tactical gear appeared to make several arrests.

Portland protesters topple statues of Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln in ‘Day of Rage’; police declare riot

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hilarious. What I am curious about is if there are any business owners that want to stay there? I wonder how many have left? I wonder how many people are moving out of Portland?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

i wish i could put into words the level of sadness i feel when i see stuff like this.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
DMAN YOU, LINCOLN! HOW DARE YOU EMANCIPATE ANYONE?! EMANCIPATION IS RACIST!
edit on 12-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I wonder if they even care any more who the statues are of or if statues in general are now just considered racist. I mean their excuse was always 'they were racist statues of racist people' but I mean Lincoln and Roosevelt???

That's gonna take some real convoluted word twistery bull# to justify racism and symbols of white supremacy for those.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I wonder if they even care any more who the statues are of or if statues in general are now just considered racist. I mean their excuse was always 'they were racist statues of racist people' but I mean Lincoln and Roosevelt???

Yeah, very surprised considering Roosevelt was about as big a Progressive as you could get.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They're just peacefully vandalizing. Not a big deal, just don't go spray off some BLM paint from the street. That might get you murdered for being a racist fascist.

edit on 12-10-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i wish i could put into words the level of sadness i feel when i see stuff like this.

You're not alone Fab.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
we were all assured this wouldonly happen to bad people, it would never progress and spread after getting all the evil statues removed.

Well how do you like them now, this IS what happens when you allow criminal behavior to occur for the sake of "social justice" which should be called social virtue signaling.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

But Harris and Biden just quoted Lincoln.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Why Abe Lincoln?
Hasn't he gone through enough?

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I can't wait for the radical, domestic, terrorist, leftist's reactions when future statues of RBG and Obama start getting torn down or defaced.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How many statues of Lenin or Marx been toppled? I doubt any.

That should tell you something right there.

Come on, man...

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don’t think it is about anyone. It is about destruction and chaos, and until they are stopped it will continue

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There were riots is Los Angeles after the Lakers won....
This garbage hasn't been about justice or equality from day one.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA
Even in death, Abe is still getting attacked from behind.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

That's gonna take some real convoluted word twistery bull# to justify racism and symbols of white supremacy for those.

It doesn't matter, they'll always find a reason for something to be "racist". Haven't you seen the lists of what all makes someone racist nowadays, like being on time for work, being married, or - everyone's favorite - being white? It doesn't matter how ridiculous it is. If they say something is racist, it's racist, and then they have full moral justification to destroy it.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Clearly we just need to switch to a whitelist style racism list. Ya know, one that tells everybody the things they're allowed to say, rather than the current blacklist style assumption of, most things aren't racist other than a small few things.

Aw shucks see...now i've done gone and posted a racist comment I should have said allow/deny list. Doggone it...guess i'm a #ing Nazi.
edit on 12/10/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
How many statues of Lenin or Marx been toppled? I doubt any.

That should tell you something right there.

Come on, man...

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: MorpheusUSA
Even in death, Abe is still getting attacked from behind.

Well, duh, he has was dirty Republican. Someone shot him, and he probably had it coming for all the racist things he did.
edit on 12-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join