It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longest year ever!...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
This year seems to be passing by at an incredible snail's pace for me. It seems like so much has happened and there's no way it could all happen in one year. And it's only october!

I also keep meeting people who say time is "flying by" for them.

I've had a couple of big events earlier in the year, and yes, the covid and lockdown and all the kerfuffle has added some interesting times, but time just seems to be flowing nicely and slowly down this big river. The water is clear despite life's current uncertainties and the fish are big.

2020 is going to be the most important year for many of us me thinks.

Anyone else feeling like time is being "stretched"?

It all started with that dwarf kid from Australia. Once he showed up, everything went downhill from there.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

As much as I detest the events which have taken place in 2020, I'm not going to complain about the year seeming longer. Bring it on, longer and longer!! I'm not about to complain about a year being too long; they're ALL too short. Life in general is too short.

For my part, my impression is the exact opposite. I feel like I'm still back in March! Just the other day I was thinking I needed to wait until summer to do something...hell, it's already fall! Summer passed already!

edit on 10/12/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I hope it changes just slightly to make it interesting, like instead of Murder Hornets we get Murder Whores.

with Nets.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

For my part, my impression is the exact opposite. I feel like I'm still back in March! Just the other day I was thinking I needed to wait until summer to do something...hell, it's already fall! Summer passed already!

I hear you, but it's almost the same for me but the opposite in that the time span between things earlier in the year and now seems very long and so much has happened inbetween.

And I NEVER remember what I did any year off hand. Until this 20/20.

It's like the opposite of "missing time". A lifetime in a year.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
with Nets.

Yeah, boy, now you're thinking.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've been back in the office full time for 5 months now and it feels like it was just last week that I was enjoying working from home.

March - Now has flown by for me. January / February dragged.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You must feel imprisoned in some way.

Time always goes slowly when you're trapped and can't do as you please.

I know all about that one.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My daughter, who just turned 14, keeps telling me how fast this year has gone by. Which I think is astute for her age, as I was about 30 when I realized that time seems to move quicker with each passing year.... However, the poor girl has had a crummy year, in our personal life. The pandemic and rioting hasn't affected us much where we live. But it's been a rough year.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I don't want to jinx anything. But I just kinda laugh when I hear so many people say "I can't wait for this year to be over". I can't wait for all this sh!t to be over, but I don't think that happens when it strikes midnight on January 1st.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: nerbot

As much as I detest the events which have taken place in 2020, I'm not going to complain about the year seeming longer. Bring it on, longer and longer!! I'm not about to complain about a year being too long; they're ALL too short. Life in general is too short.

It has been a weird year for me i was in the garden early Feb-MAR and planted bulbs and sun flowers and now it is Oct and not a lot grew especially the sun flowers , but my attitude is if you cannot eat it it is a weed but the bees and birds love them .

Where did the last 6 months go ! as i did not get any of my little projects of the ground

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I didn't say it would magically get better.....but the beginning going forward with a new year....the first step towards things getting better...people need something to hold on to so we don't get too danged depressed

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: research100

Why does everyone think this is all gonna magically get better just because an arbitrary day comes and goes? I think next year may have more goodies in store for us than 2020 has.

edit on 12-10-2020 by research100 because: added spaCE

posted on Oct, 13 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

Why does everyone think this is all gonna magically get better just because an arbitrary day comes and goes? I think next year may have more goodies in store for us than 2020 has.

This is the Chinese year of the Rat

Rat year = disease - Corona
large gatherings - riots
hoarding - food/supplies

Next year is year of the OX.
That means a year of work work work. Sounds better to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yes, you’re right. We need to look forward to better days.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I found the opposite. since I turned about 40, everything seems to be speeding-up.

Oh it does and no idea why. It speeding up real fast. The only experience I had was breaking the rituals to slow it down. Doing new things every day or going new spaces really slows it down but when you get into work mode and your life becomes dictated by it everything speeds up like crazy. They won't let us take time off for a holiday here in the UK so there's no chance of slowing this year down whatsoever

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I think there are actually mainstream psychology and scientific studies to prove this.
The older you get, the more time (or the experience of time) increases.
sitn.hms.harvard.edu...

Waiting for Christmas or you birthday as a 7-year-old, for example.
Ooh, it takes so long.

Over 40 - oh great, it's my birthday/Christmas again.
It came too soon.
Please, not again!

Hence, I'm glad they outlawed child-labor increasingly since the 1880s.
Because just an hour of drudgery probably seems like a lifetime for a child.

edit on 16-10-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join