It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longest year ever!...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This year seems to be passing by at an incredible snail's pace for me. It seems like so much has happened and there's no way it could all happen in one year. And it's only october!

I also keep meeting people who say time is "flying by" for them.

I've had a couple of big events earlier in the year, and yes, the covid and lockdown and all the kerfuffle has added some interesting times, but time just seems to be flowing nicely and slowly down this big river. The water is clear despite life's current uncertainties and the fish are big.

2020 is going to be the most important year for many of us me thinks.

Anyone else feeling like time is being "stretched"?

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

The only thing 2020 has stretched is my patience.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is the fastest year of my whole life.

3 months ago was like last week to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The only thing 2020 has stretched is my patience.

And what are you waiting for?

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

And what are you waiting for?

Who says I waited?

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Lol
No its not
You can pretend your balloon knot didn't get stretched, but we all heard the tale.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
No its not

My patience hasn't been tested? You know something I don't?

You can pretend your balloon knot didn't get stretched, but we all heard the tale.

WTF are you talking about?

I know you like to try and play gotcha but you aren't very good at it.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
maybe the one thing we can ALL agree with is .......we will be happy when this year finally comes to and end!!!!

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

When December 32nd rolls around we'll all have a good laugh.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Time has definitely been flying by for me, to the point that it seems a bit odd. I've actually been thinking about it lately. It's kindof nice though.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I found the opposite. since I turned about 40, everything seems to be speeding-up.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If you guys need time sped up I can help.

Come to Denver then I'll take you to an Xclusive place where we can obtain the necessary supplies.

And then after about 1 hour, you won't even remember what month this is. I promise lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Why does everyone think this is all gonna magically get better just because an arbitrary day comes and goes? I think next year may have more goodies in store for us than 2020 has.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Why does everyone think this is all gonna magically get better just because an arbitrary day comes and goes? I think next year may have more goodies in store for us than 2020 has.

I hope it changes just slightly to make it interesting, like instead of Murder Hornets we get Murder Whores.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This year seems to be passing by at an incredible snail's pace for me. It seems like so much has happened and there's no way it could all happen in one year. And it's only october!

I've had a couple of big events earlier in the year, and yes, the covid and lockdown and all the kerfuffle has added some interesting times, but time just seems to be flowing nicely and slowly down this big river. The water is clear despite life's current uncertainties and the fish are big.

How old are you? Because I'm willing to bet under 40 (being generous there, I'd really bet under 35) The younger one is, the slower the year passes. BTDT myself as I age. The older I get, the faster time zips by. This year, for me, has sailed past (though not fast enough, IMO)

I'm 36, and not alone on that one by a long shot. The kids in their teens/20's seem to think the year is dragging. The folks my age, no, it's whizzing by. The folks older than me? Booking it at breakneck speed pulling some Gs, according to them.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

God dammit, shut up! Don't jinx us!!

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I just found out via social media it is (or just was) Canadian ...

Just wondering, what do you call that day in North America again, where the Native Americans pitched with turkeys and corn, and the Pilgrims were a bit uncomfortable, because apart from body paint and tattoos, they were starkers? And the pilgrims seriously needed some deodorant.

Groundhog Day?

Well they have it in Canada too.

It makes me wonder though, since they never had any Puritans (even worse, they had Catholics), how did their feast go down?
Very politely, I imagine.
Can you pass me the squash please ...

edit on 12-10-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving, not Groundhog Day.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Just joking, sorry not meaning to offend anybody, but the first time in my life I've heard of it.

But hey, I'm on the other side of the planet.

edit on 12-10-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
a reply to: Nyiah

Just joking, sorry not meaning to offend anybody, but the first time in my life I've heard of it.

No worries, then. Most Americans aren't aware of it, either. Northern border states do, it's kind of a good neighbors thing to wish it back and forth across the border this time of year, lol.

In that vein, all things considered this year, Happy Thanksgiving as best you can have one, my maple-addled, poutine-eating neighborinos

top topics

<<   2 >>

join