It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mass violation of rights' as contact-tracing data collected in pubs and restaurants sold on

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well i'm sure this isn't going to come as much of a surprise at this point but restaurants and pubs have been found to be selling contact tracing data they're now legally required to collect to third parties for advertising purposes.

link

Experts have warned of a “mass violation of rights” after customer data collected by pubs and restaurants has reportedly been sold on to third parties.

Contact-tracing data required by the NHS Test and Trace scheme has been harvested by tech companies on behalf of hospitality venues since they reopened in June, according to The Times.

Although the government states that the information can only be kept for 21 days and must not be used “for any purposes other than for NHS Test and Trace”, some firms are reportedly selling it on.

A number of the data collection firms have reportedly created privacy policies which allow them to store users’ data for up to 25 years and share it with third parties.

Harriet Sergeant, a researcher at the Centre For Policy Studies, tweeted: “Pubs and restaurants sell on our contact-tracing data under so called ‘privacy policies’. And that’s just what we know about.”

While Gaurav Malhotra, director of software development company Level 5, told The Times: “If you’re suddenly getting loads of texts, your data has probably been sold on from track-and-trace systems.”

It's funny, all these measures that are supposed to be in place 'for everyone's safety' seems to just keep being revealed as yet another way for companies to profit off keeping us locked down and monitored.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Warfare, disguised as electronic monitoring.
Perhaps not at once,
but it will become obvious.
It’s not just SCScores.
It’s what the monitors derive, conclude
while watching them emerge.
Yes, this is war.

Like a pot warming slowly
Life of death, in essence.

# 1184
edit on 11-10-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Of course they are!! hence why I refused to provide my #, they were ok with that.

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR PERSONAL INFO PEOPLE!!!!!!
edit on 11-10-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Cash only.

Line Dux

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Everyone had to see that coming. I expected this the moment I heard the words contact tracing.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Of course they are!! hence why I refused to provide my #, they were ok with that.

This. And for the love of god people, learn to leave the phones at HOME. That's the surest way of any, to be absolutely CERTAIN they're not able to easily track jack # pertaining to your movements. Well, might be a little harder in the Uk with all those Nanny Cams all over the place, but it's worth it to leave 'em home to help mitigate privacy intrusion.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: vonclod

Everyone had to see that coming. I expected this the moment I heard the words contact tracing.

Stevie Wonder saw that coming!!

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Restaurants where I am at have been not offering menus (even a paper one), you have to scan a QR code on your phone to even see the menu. I didn't think much of it at the time other than mild annoyance, but after reading this it's kind of got my wheels turning.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I saw lots of "If's" and "Probably's" but nothing hard in the article, like a case.

If there is a case, close the venue down, and seize the assets.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I thought it was interesting that Harris was pushing “contact tracing” during the debate. That statement definitely got my attention.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: vonclod

This. And for the love of god people, learn to leave the phones at HOME. That's the surest way of any, to be absolutely CERTAIN they're not able to easily track jack # pertaining to your movements. Well, might be a little harder in the Uk with all those Nanny Cams all over the place, but it's worth it to leave 'em home to help mitigate privacy intrusion.

Soon will come the point where all places will not let you in without your phone and app, it is coming 😒😒😒

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The firms responsible should have their entire corporate leasership held personally responsible and recieve the maximum possible sentence.

Won’t happen though. Tech firms are above the law in any country.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So,lemme get this straight-
along with track and trace data being sold,in the UK we also have the restaurant/booking QR codes,and we have over 1000 AI cameras monitoring pedestrian social distancing in cities.
www.standard.co.uk...

Countless establishments requiring you to have the government app installed,and you being cleared before entry,name and adress taken.

We are also being flat out encouraged by the government to rat out our neighbors if we see them breaking social distance rules...

Taken together,those things are not that far away from the chinese authoritarian nightmare known as the "social credit system"where smart cities monitor your every move,purchase,web activity,thought.
Where scared citizens snitch on neighbors for government social credit points in a wretched souless dystopia.

But NO!
Don't worry,this is Britain,
Keep calm and c...oh I freaking give up.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'm not surprised. The DMV sells this data to third parties. There are people that drive around malls, apartment buildings, or practically anywhere people park, taking photos of all the license plates to sell to third parties. So park in backwards so they can't take photos of your plates.

Wearing a mask is actually great for privacy.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I thought that sort of thing was a major violation of GDPR

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i'll never enter any business premises that want any of my personal info as a requirement of entry.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The total-control grid, is part of the new biosecurity paradigm, that is being installed worldwide, by the technocratic one-world government of the UN.

Say that 10 years ago : and you would get laughed-off of this website.
Say it now : and a few left are all seeing it.

A HUGE conspiracy, played-out right before us, yet many still slumber.

Is it really a coincidence that ATS has been marginalized, and is seemingly close to shutting-down ?

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I cannot imagine doing this as a business operator.

Then again, who knows what companies like Aloha and Opera are doing with their clients data.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

those companies took a page from the IC book. Isn't that how all our other data is handled? Store what can't be kept very long in private companies, run by retired CIA assholes?

At this point, having laws about data collecting is wasting trees and not doing much else.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

The total-control grid, is part of the new biosecurity paradigm, that is being installed worldwide, by the technocratic one-world government of the UN.

Say that 10 years ago : and you would get laughed-off of this website.
Say it now : and a few left are all seeing it.

A HUGE conspiracy, played-out right before us, yet many still slumber.

Its almost as though those we are supposed to trust to make our countries successful and prosperous have been waiting for something like this pandemic to totally screw us all over.
Its like they had all this planned,just waiting for the right crisis to come along so they can force their version of the modern world upon us.

We now see that the pandemic is a sideshow,a scare tactic-used to implement a system closer to China than any of us want.Sure its a real virus,and really dangerous for some vunerable people-but does that mean we should tear down our society and implement an authoritarian dystopia?

The rampant roll out of AI under the guise of keeping us safe,small businesses failing and being rolled up into the mega corps,the push for robots to take human jobs,the social credit system(covid passports,track and trace,monitored social distancing etc),new police powers to arrest people who,due to hard wired human behaviour may have broken these new laws by visiting a friend or family member,

The wet dream of huge corporations and big government is being turned into reality.
This has been decades in the making,and now with the world on its knees from the pandemic the evil ones have seized their chance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join