It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Person Dead, 2 Suspects In Custody Following Shooting At Denver Protests

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

My guess is it was probably money related, more than anything. Tried to sell them to the highest bidder before publishing publically.

And, if I understand correctly these photos were actually taken by a Denver Post photographer, not 9 news. To the best of my knowledge, none of the 9 news photos have been published yet. It's still unclear who was with who at the time of the shooting, but it does appear that more than one news agency was present. The guy in the blue shirt has been confirmed as the 9news producer/journalist whom the "security guard" (shooter) was allegedly hired to protect. There was a photographer with him, in addition to the "security guard's" cell phone, which he handed to the 9news guy, before attacking the victim. The cell phone you see in the blue shirt guy's hand actually belongs to the shooter. Why a Denver Post photographer was right there with them remains unclear.

edit on 10/14/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's unclear but rumor is that they were trying to create a story.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sure looks that way to me. If that's true, then it points toward "intent".

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The "together" comment was about the rumor posted earlier that this reporter from the Denver Post and the shooter were together, supposedly setting up a photo-op.

There was a photographer with him, in addition to the "security guard's" cell phone, which he handed to the 9news guy, before attacking the victim.

This is what I mean by people adding the spin they want. "Attacking the victim"? I don't think any of the pics show that. The one pic showing contact with the victim seems to be when the victim is lunging in with his arm in mid swing. At that point they are both engaged in a fight.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If the cops were there to keep the two protests separated, then you aren't getting violence because the two groups aren't coming into contact unless allowed to.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I'm not sure what your point is. All I said is that saying the shooter attacked first can't be surmised from the pics available.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

if you notice that there are no pictures of him pulling the pistol out and aiming. just one of him reaching for it, and then it just appears in his hand.

wonder if that was a attempt of editing to make it look like victim was attacking first?

also some seem to be out of what i would call order. ones of his hat being off and then the next one shows it on. it should be on until the slap, there are some with it on between ones of it being off.

edit on 14-10-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I guess the point is that if the cops are separating the two groups, then the only way this particular group of people gets over to create this confrontation is under the umbrella of press. That's one of the reasons why this looks to be a setup to create a story.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No, the pictures don't show that. This is what is being reported by Michelle Malkin and also 7 news. The shooter was engaged in a heated argument with another individual about 20-30 feet away and abruptly broke off that argument and then charged the victim. This has been confirmed by independent eye witnesses.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yes, the getty images are definitely out of sequence, and by a long ways too!

I am of the opinion that there are a whole lot of frames missing (upwards of 200-300). The basis for this is, initial reports indicated that the photographer, now confirmed as a Denver Post photographer, had her camera set to 10 frames per second. This would be unusual, especially for a journalist (who carries gobs of memory). Real-time frame rates are 60 frames per second.

Two days ago, I estimated that there were about 3-4 frames missing, based on the stated 10 fps. In retrospect, that estimate was way low. Since then, we've seen some of the missing frames show up (mysteriously). However, what I see in those frames doesn't compute to fluid motion, or a natural sequence of frame rates. This leads me to believe the photographer's camera was actually set to a higher frame rate of 30 fps (a more standard setting) or even 60 fps. At 60 fps there would be hundreds of missing frames.

ETA - Even at 10 frames per second there would be 7-8 frames of the drawing sequence, not just one. A really fast pistol draw is somewhere in the 0.7 - 1.0 sec. range. Sure some of the super-fast quick-draw competition guys can draw faster, but this guy wasn't one of them. So there should be a number of pictures of the shooter grabbing the victim, and a number of pictures of what happened after the slap. These are all still missing...again, even giving the benefit of the doubt of accepting 10 fps.

edit on 10/14/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I thought the victim was engaged in a heated argument with a guy in a black guns matter shirt and pics showing a man in a white cap breaking it up.

The affidavit, shown here, says "At approximately 3:36. Lee KELTNER turns his attention toward Mr. NEWMAN and Mr. DOLOFF" and there is a video that shows just that further down the page.

ETA: Keltner seems to say "Get your cameras out of here or I'm going to f**k you up."

I don't know where you are getting that he was attacked but that video doesn't seem to support that.

edit on 14-10-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You don't have the video, nor does anyone else.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is one embedded in the article I linked.

You could have at least checked it out.

ETA: It looks like it could be Newman's phone.
edit on 14-10-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Source? I only ask because that’s almost exactly what’s been reported about the victim so it seems a bit odd that the victim and the shooter were engaged in identical behavior at the same time before rounding on each other.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

His name is Jeremiah Elliott, read the affidavit that DPD put out, hes all over it.

Brennan, thanks for the correction. Wish I could retract that part of the post. Found a Case on Denver Co. Court system under the name I used, and *ass"umed it was who I now know is Jeremiah Elliott. Checked back tonight, and the name I used was arrested an hour prior.

Elliott, no charges... not even disturbing the peace, or disorderly conduct. Personally, if he is actually employed by UPS, he is no longer. Will be dumpster diving on that, for sure. If no repercussions relating to employment with UPS, I'll be changing shippers for both personal and business shipping.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Perhaps I am mistaken then. I will attempt to do some more research.

Not trying to post misinformation.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
can't take credit for the notice, that goes to carewemust

Denver DA to charge security guard with second-degree murder in fatal shooting of “Patriot Rally” participant

looks like somebody in the denver government has some sense.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join