It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to resize an image

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABC_123
I suppose this is even a dumber question...where's the member center, what page do I find it on?

You'll need some points to buy upload space at the member center. The best method for the time being is to use a hosting site like photobucket.com...

It's very user friendly and is free. Give it a shot.

[edit on 2005/8/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
thank you very much, I will look into that. I only bought this computer in january and haven't even learned half the things I need to know.
appreciate the help!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Is there a way to align the image to the center? I know that if you want to align it left or right of the text body you gotta use the or tags (with [square brackets] instead of [curly brackets])

But [imgc] doesn't seem to do the trick and neither does putting the [img] tags within the [align=center] tags as in [align=center]
[/align]

Or is it simply not possible to align the images to the center?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Correct. It can´t be done. Maybe it is a coming feature, but as we speak it doesn´t work here.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Darn. I spent many hours using various combinations of BBcodes to no avail. Oh well, hope that feature will be added soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Correct. It can´t be done. Maybe it is a coming feature, but as we speak it doesn´t work here.

Actually that's not true, according to this thread from 2004 (not sure if things have changed since though.) - How do you turn on the HTML??

Here's SkepticOverlord's post from that thread:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Actually, this is as good a time as any to test some new BBcode I worked on a few weeks ago, and never released for public consumption. There are new modifications to the IMAGE BBcode using the standard img declaration. The inline image to the right (hopefully) was declared using the new imgr BBcode tag. Yet the imgr tag I used is the first thing in my post content.

There are new codes as follows
imgr = align right
imgl = align left
imgt = align top
imgb = align bottom
imgm = align middle

These should work in addition to the standard img for a little more flexibility in deciding where and how images appear in your posts.... and impress your friends and loved ones.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

No?

(edit) quote tags

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Rren]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
  • Testing the image "align left"...

[imgr]https://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats29743_Hellmutt-flock-av.jpg[/im g]

• Testing the image "align middle"...

This is "imgm"....

Nothing.... the "imgm" doesn´t work... left and right works

• posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:02 PM
    link   
    Bump

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:07 AM
    link   
    Doesn't matter much, since I would prefer the external link anyway ... but putting the dimensions automatically takes the image out and puts it as external now. Don't know about the nifty code a couple posts above.

So the first post is void, unless I did it wrong (code is same, but who knows, not me!)

BTW, I know the Chesire Cat when I see him. That Alice is a bit darker though

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:05 AM
    link   
    Hi, I've read your post three times and i'm really interested in resizing a lot of photo's like this one but........i don't get the same message that you show. See above post, no size, just atsmedia etc. I tried doing it on my pc at home and it didn't work. any other suggestion? Thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:24 AM
    link   
    This thread is old. The codes for images have changed since. We now have ats tags to use for hosted images. You may use ats tags for images stored on i.e. uploadit.org, photobucket, imageshack, etc. Any hosting service. If you're not hosting the picture, you may use im or img tags. It's a good idea to host the pictures, as you don't risk them suddenly changing into something else or removed by the host.

To resize a hosted picture in posts, you could type i.e. this:

[url=http://premium1.uploadit.org/Hellmutt//S7000838-1024x768.jpg] [ats=640x480]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Hellmutt//S7000838-1024x768.jpg[/ats]
    [i]Click to enlarge...[/url]

Photo: Hellmutt[/i]

...to get this result (this picture is 1024x768, resized to 640x480) :

Click to enlarge...

Photo: Hellmutt

[edit on 2008/2/13 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:24 PM
    link   
    Sadly, this didn't work for me. It just shows the code instead of a pic. I checked it about 5 times and it looks like to did it correctly. I'm a bit bummed it didn't work for me.

Any ideas what would stop the resize from working?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:51 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
    Sadly, this didn't work for me. It just shows the code instead of a pic. I checked it about 5 times and it looks like to did it correctly. I'm a bit bummed it didn't work for me.

Any ideas what would stop the resize from working?

Sounds like you have an extra space in the code somewhere (there should be none.) Unless anonymous accounts are not allowed to put images in their posts (I have no idea.)

Post the code you're using.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
    link   
    reply to post by pantha

I'm a beginner, so please be gentle. Your suggestion soulded too easy to be true. AM I missing something in I tried this and no luck?

external image

Trying to use this on a phpBB™ Board.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
    link   
    How do you do this now? I can't get this to work with the [atsimg]....[/atsimg] code.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:12 AM
    link   

The way I resize pictures is pretty easy and might help someone. I use the "paint" program.
    Step by Step:

1. Right Click on the picture you want to resize.

2. Choose "Open" with Paint.

The Paint program will then open with your selected picture, ready to edit.

3. Click on "Image" in the top menu.

4. Select "Resize/Skew".

This will pop up a box with horizontal and vertical percentages.

5. Change the percent according to how much smaller you want the picture. For example, if you want it half the size you would type in 50% in both the horizontal and vertical areas. (It's important to use the same percentage for both the horizontal and the vertical or it will skew (or warp) how your picture looks. The higher quality pictures your camera takes the lower the percentage. For pictures taken with my 8 megapixel camera to be avatar size I have to set the percentages at 10% only, but for a lower pixel camera the percentage is higher. After a bit you get a sense for how much you need to reduce the picture. A lot of it has to do with what you will be using the picture for.

6. After the picture is the size you want, click "File"

7. Select "Save" or "Save as"
    I use "Save as" and add 'avi size' to the name to make it easier to find when I want to open. An example of that would be naming the edited picture "B-day Party Pic Avi Size". You don't have to do the renaming, but it sure makes things easier for me to find.

I'm not overly computer literate, but I find this method fairly easy, so I just thought I'd share. Good Luck!
    ~prep

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
    link   
    reply to post by preparanoid

That is much easier than uploading to a resizing website, downloading to your comp and then uploading again to ATS (how I've been doing it). Thank you.

Do you have any idea how to change the size now within the [atsimg] code itself?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Do what I did in my previous post in this thread. Use ats tags (with the resize option) instead of the atsimg tags. The trick is to find out which number to use for the height. A width of 600 pixels is perfect for posting on ats/bts. If the picture is originally i.e. 800x600 or 1024x768, then a resize to 600x450 would be perfect.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
    link   
    [llvid]1306761398&p=1[/llvid]

Trying to figure video code to livelink. Anybody?

edit on 30-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
    link   
    reply to post by randyvs

Only videos hosted at Youtube (yvid), Google (gvid) or media@abovetopsecret can be embedded

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join