It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sanctions Iran’s entire financial sector

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yikes, this one's gonna stir up the hornet's nest.
And somebody's heading to China for a chat...

Maybe I shouldve put this one in the WW3 forum...

The administration of United States President Donald Trump tightened the noose further around Iran’s beleaguered economy on Thursday, announcing a fresh round of sanctions that will effectively shut the country out of the global financial system.

On Thursday, the US Department of the Treasury announced it is blacklisting 18 major Iranian banks – 16 of which were targeted for “operating in Iran’s financial sector” – as well one bank controlled by a sanctioned Iranian bank and one the US Treasury says is affiliated with Iran’s military.
AlJazeera

NewYorkTimes
[url=https://www.reuters.com/article/iran-nuclear-usa-sanctions/us-imposes-new-iran-sanctions-that-may-spook-european-banks-idUSKBN26T35E]Reuters[/url ]
edit on 9-10-2020 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fixes

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
another terrorist action by the biggest war machine in history

Further proof that Trump is a globalist NWO lackey

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
They’re running to china? That’s comical. China’s been helping them low key. That little reported story didn’t do them justice.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Now where is my applause gif ?
Be back when I find it.
Sanction the crap out of them.
And if China starts pitchin a childlike hissy fit , sanction the crap out of them too

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This sucks, the Iranian people are educated and quite westernized, at least they used to be some 20 years ago. It sure has been downhill for Iran since the Shah got kicked out and it became an Islamic republic back in 1979.

I used to chat with some Iranian women way back about the time things began to escalate between our countries. I told them I was sorry how our country was treating theirs and stopped chatting with them. They were in college and just starting their careers. The Iranian people back then liked the U.S. still, and they didn't understand what I was talking about really, like they were kept in the dark or didn't pay attention to the politics.

Anyway, I feel sorry for the Iranian people, esp. the younger population that will grow up hating on the U.S.A. I saw a "Rick Steves" episode on PBS where he was touring around in Iran and it seemed more progressive and western like I remembered from chatting, although I don't know when he went there to film the program.

Cutting off my chat buddies in Iran because of the politics was a lot like when I stopped going the the local Iraqi party store, the first in my neighborhood just before the wars. I knew them all by name, talked to them all the time, then when the war broke out, I cut them off for a while, although I eventually talked to them again. It's so sad when politics come between people from different cultures when they would otherwise get along, even like each other.
edit on 9-10-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Not a globalist lackey, dude bitched at NATO members to pay their fair share, pulled out paris accords, finger wagged the Europeans powers, straight up taxed china without blinking an eye and even a travel ban on the 2nd largest economy.

The Presidenat has made clear that he respects the iranian people, it's their leaders. Seems we never got over that take over from the 70s and never relented, low key cutting them up to the point the people of Iran depose their leaders.

Imagine, they overthrow their leaders and become open for business, that's a win for the global economy.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Sure a win if it happens - but what about the suffering of the common man Iranian who lives under that regime?.

Another thing to consider is thats it probably the Banksters wanting to instill a central banking system under Rothchilds control

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

The US sanctions on Iran only hurt people who have nothing to do with Iranian politics and it is widening the gap of mutual understanding even further more.I think the best for Iran and most of the world anyways is to make the present government to reform and grow up and interact with people and the outside world and be NICE for a change...Much better solution than forcing the regime to change and cause a lot of pain and suffering in the prose, not to mention the financial and human cost and time wasted for years to come.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

He discussed bombing Iranian nuclear facilities last week but was thankfully talked out of it but these sanctions will achieve nothing as they will impact on the general population, who are generally pro West, rather than the mad mullahs who are the people who should be takc

There was a strange claims by the US and Israel that they assasinated Al Queda second in command, Abu Muhammad al-Masri, and his daughter in Iran a few months back. The claim makes no sense as Iran is Shia and Al Queda are Sunni and they've been at war with each other for a few decades. [url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/al-masri-qaeda-killed-iran/2020/11/14/63b5590e-2626-11eb-a688-5298ad5d580a_story.html]article[/u rl]

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

That is true about them being different brands of Islam but the greater enemy is the USA / Israel and there have been many collusions behind the scenes with Iran supplying anybody including Sunni militias who will attack western interests

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I met Russians In the Middle of teh cold war we got along just fine if people would stop viewing things through the Government's EYES they would find most of us are the same .
I wont let a government tell me who to hate .
edit on 17-11-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Wow, complete ignorance and 100% wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The only one is ignorant is you. Count the military actions and incursions into other countries domestic affairs by the US and compare that to Iran

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar

I wont let a government tell me who to hate .

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi

The only one is ignorant is you. Count the military actions and incursions into other countries domestic affairs by the US and compare that to Iran

Apples and hand grenades.

Just because we were wrong doesnt excuse terrorist actions by the iranian military, or their proxy war with saudi arabia at the expense of Yeman.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

US sanctions Iran’s entire financial sector

So Israel says "Jump" and America says "How High?"

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

They’re running to china? That’s comical.

And where else would they go?

I'm not for one minute saying that sanctions aren't justified but try to consider it from their perspective and ask yourself what you would do in their position?

They are being forced into a corner.....and as other people have quite rightly pointed out, the only people suffering are the ordinary Iranian people - do you honestly think the Mullahs and Ayatollah's are personally feeling the effects of sanctions?

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
They’re running to china? That’s comical. China’s been helping them low key. That little reported story didn’t do them justice.

Not comical at all seeing as Iran and China signed a Cooperation deal earlier this year , Trump has targeted both Iran and China with sanctions over the last few years so they have common ground.

The move itself seems pointless given Trump is on his way out but no less interesting given Pompeo has just visited Israel , hopefully Biden will take a better thought out and adult response to Iran.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Just because we were wrong doesnt excuse terrorist actions by the iranian military,......

So, just casually dismiss the numerous 'western' interventions in other country's business and subsequent occupations then try to take the moral high ground here......sorry, that doesn't quite sit right with me.

....or their proxy war with saudi arabia at the expense of Yeman.

So, Saudi Arabia - by far the biggest exporter of terrorism in the world - is in a proxy war with Iran in Yemen yet conveniently it is Iran who is labelled 'terrorist'?

Both sides are as bad as each other as far as I can tell.....the USA and its allies should keep the hell out of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

And your casual dismissal of their terror activites is better how?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join