It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New Signs of Recent Glaciers, Volcanoes and Flowing Water on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The newest images of Mars show that flowing water, large glaciers and active volcanoes have existed on the planet in recent geologic times. Scientists state that Mars has been geologically active in the past few millions of years. Together, this research provides further reason to search Mars for signs of life, scientist state.

space.com
New images of Mars reveal that flowing water, large glaciers and active volcanoes have scoured the planet in recent geologic times.

Scientists say Mars has been geologically active in the past few million years -- an eyeblink in the planet's 4.5-billion-year history.

Three studies appearing in the March 17 issue of the journal Nature add to a growing body of evidence that points to recent liquid water and present vast stores of underground ice near the planet’s equator.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We are getting new information about Mars daily and this is truly exciting. The information about active volcanoes on Mars is new to me though. Any information that will provide further reason to search for Mars for life is good information.

Remember, where there is water, there could be life.

Related News Links:
www.space.com
www.space.com
www.space.com

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is absolutely wonderful! It seems like there are a lot of discoveries being made on Mars recently. I cant help but think they are releasing this info so quickly so that they can disclose ET's already. Thats just my thoughts though.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
This is absolutely wonderful! It seems like there are a lot of discoveries being made on Mars recently. I cant help but think they are releasing this info so quickly so that they can disclose ET's already. Thats just my thoughts though.

yes...

i am ALSO happy about this news...

i cannot wait until further information...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Heres hoping we, Mars could be the next new world. Pun intendid

top topics

join