It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Lied About Lying

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

No, what is warped is that people like you attack with venom over little crap, as if it was big crap. People like you casue those who would not ordinarily be a Bush defender defend him. Its not that we think Bush is great, or that Bush is right all the time, its just that you and those like you are wrong all the time, even when you are right. That's because when you're right, you are right for the wrong reasons.
If you cut this administration half the slack you cut the last one, you'd be voting to annoint Bush King of the known universe.

You have just proven what I'm talking about. Bush runs a criminal enterprise from the White House where he employs American volunteer citizen soldiers to fight and die over LIES daily and you sit and defend him with "King of the known Universe."

Yet, obssess (sp) over Clinton and his evil penis---even 3 years AFTER the man is out of office.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?????

Hey Colonel:
Which one of these is closer to a real lie?

1)"The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of Uranium from Africa?"

or

2)"I did not have sex with a woman."

Just curious............

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well....Bush lied?

I'm just curious why every time they say Bush lied, such as in this thread, the only name I see is "Tenet said this" and "Tenet said that."

Odd...who lied here, Bush or Tenet?

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Well....Bush lied?

I'm just curious why every time they say Bush lied, such as in this thread, the only name I see is "Tenet said this" and "Tenet said that."

Does it matter???

The fact is that this government is full of liars. Liars are everywhere. Liars are going to lie and there isn't anything you can do to stop them. Especially the liars that run the intel services and the ones that are at the highest levels of the executive branch. What do you think you can do???

Do you really think all this complaining will get you anywhere???

Please just move along people. This arguement is getting our country absolutely no where. Can't you see that???

Just a thought.

Abe

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
No AV I'm just trying to wake people up to the falacies of the liberal arguement.

Especially since Tenet comes from the Clinton Era...so I guess that means that's one more lie to add to Clinton's list.

The fact is Bush pulled a fib to motivate people to do what was rigth.

While most times I believe that the path is more important than the end.

In this case, the end was more important than the path chosen.

A lie, to save lives...is very fair.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
What all those Bush haters, Democrats, anti-Americans, etc. want to do is try to "re-write" history.

In the past week or so, everyone has either listened to the radio, watched the news, read a few papers, etc., and have come to the conclusion that Bush spent a year demanding an Iraq invasion based on claims that Saddam had reconstituted nuclear weapons with uranium bought in Nigeria. But now that the war is over, many of them have found out that it was all a lie and there were, indeed, never any WMD to begin with. So far, none of them have suggested putting Saddam back in power, apologizing, and sending him a fruit basket, but give it time.....we'll be hearing that soon enough.

Those of us that defend Bush, know that that wasn't actually how it happened. While the Bush administration certainly talked alot about those WMD, they also continueously brought forth and discussed Iraq's breaking of UN Resolutions, freedoms for the Iraqi people, and Iraq's ties to Al-Qaeda and terrorism. But as usual, and to par, the critics were, indeed, too busy screaming about a "war for oil" and "US Imperialism" to realize and pay attention to what the Bush Administration was actually saying.

So lets address these claims that Bush lied in the build-up to the Iraqi War. First off, Bush certainly said that Iraq had WMD's. Here's one of Bush's quotes:

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threats Iraq poses now: a rogue nation with WMD, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow."

Whoops,
I'm sorry! That was actually Clinton in 1998. Well I'll be, that sounds so much like Bush was saying during the build-up to the Iraq War that I must have slipped it in by mistake.

Ok, ok, let me try it again. Here is one of Bush's quotes on the subject of WMD and Iraq:

"In the four years since the UN inspectors left, intelligence reports have shown that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capabilities, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al-Qaeda members, though there is no apparent evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of 9/11/2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in his endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well effects American security."

Gosh dern it! I did it again. Thats actually Hillary Clinton in October of 2002. How in the heck did that get in here?

The point is, that there was no dispute from the Democrats over whether Saddam had WMD or not.

Now, the Democratic Platform and "call to arms" is Bush "lied"; Bush "decieved" us, "Where are the WMD President Bush"? All I can say, as probably a few others will agree with, is better pray those WMD aren't found, cause if they are....all that screaming, assuming, accusations, "conspiracies", will go down the toilet faster than Bush will win re-election......by landslide.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The scumbag Bush is trying to say that he went to war with Saddam, spent all the US taxpayers money and lost all the US forces lives (and still losing lives) based on a report from a secret source of British intelligence.
Tony should have known not to trust the backstabbing bas*ard.
Bush is lower than the toilets in a submarine.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Actually Condi Rice appeared on face the nation this weekend as well. Its funny how there is no mention of it on their website. I wonder why?

www.cbsnews.com...

Could it be that she, a black woman, made those two elitists idiots look like kidergarten brats fighting in the sandbox? I watched the entire program and she was flawless. No skirting the issues, no "vast leftwing conspiracy" BS when she was questioned...just presented the facts in a clear manner while all the time talking miles over those two bozo's heads. I can't blame them, if I tried to flame somebody like that and they made the ass outta me that she did them, I wouldn't have it up on my website either. I'd be hoping its quickly forgotten.

Edit for correction...looks like they are just a bit slow at updating their page but the Condi Rice story is now listed. I guess "they" do monitor ATS afterall.

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by astrocreep]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
No, Lexus Panther, he is not saying that. You take a sentence out of the entire statement and base it all upon that? You know that what you say is not correct. That makes you a liar, correct? Does that make you a scumbag, lower than sub toilet seats? There are many levels for intelligence to pass through to get to the president, different filters, different people deciding what is probably correct and not.
You, on the other hand, have had the opportunity to read the same information I have, watch the same news programns (over and over as they will run a news bit into the ground!) and you know for a fact that wasn't the only reason for war.
You should be impeached from whatever job you do and then imprisoned for lying in this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As per my last post....again, better hope WMD aren't found.....cause if they are.....be a whole lot of tissues and eating "crow" taking place!
news.com.au...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue

Originally posted by FreeMason
Well....Bush lied?

Does it matter???

The fact is that this government is full of liars. Liars are everywhere. Liars are going to lie and there isn't anything you can do to stop them. Especially the liars that run the intel services and the ones that are at the highest levels of the executive branch. What do you think you can do???

Do you really think all this complaining will get you anywhere???

Please just move along people. This arguement is getting our country absolutely no where. Can't you see that???

Just a thought.

Abe

Abe funny i was gonna say summat simmilar thanx u saved me a hellof alot of typing

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by drunk]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Any way be it French govt, Brit Govt, US Govt what u get is LIES LIES LIES.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And the Saddam/Osama Connection, documented, and given from a Democratic voice........
www.instapundit.com...

.....follow the link to the judges findings....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yep Seek lies lies lies they always say we will get OBL but have they?NO!!!

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by drunk]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Posted by JediMaster:Hey Colonel you know that Tenet was hired by Clinton a Democrat? Tenet was the only person from the Clinton Admin that Bush kept. So know that you know that a fellow Democrat installed him what do you have to say?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

No Brainer JM: He was left to be a scapegoat/patsy/fallguy for shrubs flubs!!

Come Tenet, be a good little soldier and fall on your sword for the prez!!!

Way too obvious!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexus
Bush is lower than a toilet on a submarine

Wow Lexus did you come up with that all by yourself?

Really now...aren't there any liberals who don't resort to put-downs when their ammunition of facts runs low...which is quite fast oddly enough...liberals must use M-1s with an 80 round belt *shakes head*.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Hey Colonel:
Which one of these is closer to a real lie?

1)"The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of Uranium from Africa?"

or

2)"I did not have sex with a woman."

Just curious............

regards
seekerof

VP#7

Hey Stuporof

Colonel is away on an earth-shattering S.H.I.E.L.D. mission and I will respond on his behalf. He may or may not add to this response on his return from saving the planet.

Apropos the question, "which one of these is closer to a real lie?"

1. You've misquoted both.

2. The Bush lies are indefensible. Even the way you wrote it up,

(i) the British government hadn't learned it, because it was untrue;

(ii) the Bush administration knew it to be untrue;

(iii) "recently" was another extension of the lie.

These lies were presented in justification of entering into an illegal war, as you are fully aware, but which you ocntinue to defend.

They are three lies under oath in one sentence in the Bush SOTU address.

2. When Clinton said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman Monica Lewinsky" he:

(i) covered up an embarrassing domestic;

(ii) couched his terminology in the concept that fellatio is not sexual relations. What you would probably do with your boyfriend if you got caught out.

Bush's statement is MORE of a lie, literally, and it packs more lies per ounce than Clinton's, in every respect. Bush definitely wins hands down in the lying stakes.

I know how much you like cartoons Shirkerof. Here's another one to entertain you and your 'loyal readership'...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   

And the Saddam/Osama Connection, documented, and given from a Democratic voice........
www.instapundit.com...

.....follow the link to the judges findings....

regards
seekerof

Another crock of lies brought to you by Sheeperof.

With the best of intentions, no doubt, trying to defend the indefensible Bush... but unfortunately, the article totally negates itself. Maybe he should have read it more closely.

Go on, read it yourself.

Discredited by MaskedAvatar (who took the time to read it) elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Your overwhelming sense of deduction even befuddles me MA,

You Clintons best friend or something...you dating Monica by chance?!?

Bush did not lie........
are you calling "misintelligence" a lie?

you calling the British a lie? They are still upholding to their prooofs? Oh, and what about the French connection that was brought forth...?

have you applied to the CIA inner-city drug testing program, or are you this crushingly delusional on a day-to-day basis?!?

You spew and spew.....but your true colors unfold everytime you do spew.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Your overwhelming sense of deduction even befuddles me MA,

You Clintons best friend or something...you dating Monica by chance?!?

Bush did not lie........
are you calling "misintelligence" a lie?

you calling the British a lie? They are still upholding to their prooofs? Oh, and what about the French connection that was brought forth...?

have you applied to the CIA inner-city drug testing program, or are you this crushingly delusional on a day-to-day basis?!?

You spew and spew.....but your true colors unfold everytime you do spew.

regards
seekerof

Every govt lies its in their blood their policy.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I am saying that the Bush administration is lying about their foreknowledge of the forged nature intelligence that ended up in the 'president's' state of the union address.

Lying about lying. "Bush lied about lying'. It's what the topic is, look at the top of the page.

You are thoroughly confusing yourself. That is exactly what happens when people lie, and come unstuck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join