It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can This Soft Body Armor Be Real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
safelife product are manufactured with chinese products, as well as i believe made in china.

read this thread.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm sure the SEAL who ate 11 AK rounds in it would agree. Interestingly enough he actually said of the 27 or whatever number of rounds he took the ones that hit the vest were the ones that hurt the most. He was hit in both arms legs and groin. However he did live due to dragon skin.
ouchie

Edit: Looks like I was late with the Day story...didn't see it was already brought up...but it's the perfect example of how good armor only does so much.
edit on 8-10-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Anybody out there 3-D printing some good body armor?

I predict that in the not too distant future personally molded suits of armor will become popular. 3-D print it out of some durable lightweight material and it could become all the rage.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: RadioRobert

You're just as dead if your ribs are pressed in four inches and the rib or splinters puncture your heart or other organs as you would be if a bullet punctures you.

Yep!

Just the impact trauma alone would be enough to stop your heart.

Maybe so, but having had to wear body armor every day in combat zones, ill take that MAYBE over "Most probably" any day without having it on......Theres also the added mobility of not having carrier plates and the weight, when youre trying to move and things have gone pear shaped, being able to have good range of motion can make the difference between actually being shot or not in the first place....
edit on 10/8/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Anybody out there 3-D printing some good body armor?

I predict that in the not too distant future personally molded suits of armor will become popular. 3-D print it out of some durable lightweight material and it could become all the rage.

Not unless theyve come out some material that can be printed that doesnt shatter when shot......

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I'm sure the SEAL who ate 11 AK rounds in it would agree. Interestingly enough he actually said of the 27 or whatever number of rounds he took the ones that hit the vest were the ones that hurt the most. He was hit in both arms legs and groin. However he did live due to dragon skin.
ouchie

Edit: Looks like I was late with the Day story...didn't see it was already brought up...but it's the perfect example of how good armor only does so much.

Edit: Saw you replied to another post about "dragonskin" body armor in general and you weren't claiming Day was wearing this particular vest during his tour

NM All good

edit on 8-10-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I don't know for certain, but I would doubt it. I would think he was wearing armor with ballistic plate also.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I don't know for certain, but I would doubt it. I would think he was wearing armor with ballistic plate also.

Agreed, I just misinterpreted what RickyD wrote.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

originally posted by: RickyD

ouchie

Edit: Saw you replied to another post about "dragonskin" body armor in general and you weren't claiming Day was wearing this particular vest during his tour

NM All good

Naa its interceptor body armor ie. Plate body armor

Dragon armor was dropped in 2006 i believe

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
There is a different video of another fella using a Styrofoam torso, but he stayed within the rated ballistics test and do not go crazy just to see what the armornitself could stand up to. The torso did not appear to take additional damage from what it already had from previous testing. The fella should have used a new one though IMO.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

This was the video i saw where a Styrofoam torso was used to demonstrate defense against green tip 5.56, .300 blackout, 5.7 and 7.62 x 39. Honestly it's nkt that easy to tell though due to the fact he was not using a fresh dummy. The thing is already full of holes from other tests and practice. We have to find one where a fresh dummy is used to get a more clear picture, especially since he does not really focus on it for too long to compare.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join