It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quickest Robot developed by Hitachi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I wonder hwo easy it would be to progam the thign to give you a handjob
. Id buy one just to make profit of the dang thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Sure, it may be fast, but I doubt it can take stairs up (surely it could go down them, at least once) or drive on uneven surfaces. Speed is important, but not when it sacrafices the capability to exist in a normal human environment.

We are here to protect you, from the Terrible Secret of Space.

Do you have stairs in your house?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If in the future we had all efficient types of energy(like solar, tidal, wind) with Robots running them and providing enough energy to power themselves, couldn't the company owners give out free energy? And the same with the agriculture industry, or any other type of industry for that matter. Without all the problems of war, poverty and such, space exploration and technology would advance much faster than before I think.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The funny thing about robotics and all autonomous mechanics is that we can create fantastic bodies but we can't give them a "brain." As success in artificial intelligence shows, it's a lot easier to build shells than it is to give a thing substance. So every time you see a new robot story where a robot can move really fast or play a trumpet, that's pretty much all it can do. Furthermore there's no "continuation of memory," i.e. the trumpet playing robot isn't the one doing the moving, etc etc. All these robots are isolated incidents of technical achievement. Of course, techniques and theory may be shared but memory and experience aren't.

AI will come to us one day and probably before 2012
but it will be the hardest fought battle for knowledge mankind has every embarked on. It simultaneously offers an extraordinary source of introspection and harm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join