It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice presidential debate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikemp44
a reply to: Fools

Ever so lightly, but Pence just keeps talking so it's cool. This def better than last debate (prez), and Pence is owning this. Heck I would vote for Pence at this point, dude is hardcore....

Yeah he is doing a great job. I just see alot of emotional people saying dumb things in their heads like, "you go girl!" or whatever. Thus negating his intelligent behavior.

Oprah Winfrey Uber Alles, Oprah Winfrey Uber Alles!!!!.....................

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Flies? Missed the mark...

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Now she brings up her prosecution record. So tough. And yet apparently while she prosecuted she was smoking blunts listening to snoopdog. "Sucks to suck dummy that I put in jail!" says she. "Should've went to a university and got a job and slept with your mentors!" says she.

A disgusting human being 100%

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Holy holy, the moderator actually asked her to not repeat herself. I am amazed.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I really don't think Harris has what it takes to be VP or potentially the president.

She likes direction and that is a main requirement for a leadership even at a company level leadership.
Again I'll repeat that she has no direction in which to have a plan lead the plan execute the plan and motivate people to understand what the plan is and do it.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Kamala is getting stomped....

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I really don't think Harris has what it takes to be VP or potentially the president.

She likes direction and that is a main requirement for a leadership even at a company level leadership.
Again I'll repeat that she has no direction in which to have a plan lead the plan execute the plan and motivate people to understand what the plan is and do it.

Lacks

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Pence just stated the facts about the DNI report that came out yesterday. Hopefully normal people will seek out what he is talking about. Lord knows ABCNBCCBSCNNMSNBS won't let anyone know. And guess what? That isn't me saying that, it is a fact.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
My biased assessment: Pence won, and he won big. Kamala's constant school marm attitude made her look petty. Pence seemed calm cool and collective. Especially considering that the moderator was obviously involved in cutting his statements while willing to allow Kamala to continue hers.

Also, the nasal voice Kamala had was annoying. Pence kind of had a breathing issue early on but it stopped after I assume his nerves collected.

On the issues, I am totally biased so my opinion is what it is. Kamala couldnt get my vote based on that alone. So in that regard I thought I would base it on personality. In that regard Kamala couldn't sell me a block of gold at half price.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think Pence did a great job. Spouting real facts.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Pence 2024

With Jr or Kushner as VP?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Lacks

I must have said it in Japanese dang.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Harris being rude? Seems that the moderator had to continually say, Mr. Vice President, your time is up.

Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up.

Who could have missed that I wonder.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Love how Kamala keeps saying, "Mister Vice President I'm speaking" as if she is talking to a child. Probably got use to that behavior when she was a P.A. talking to defending attorneys while she was sending a kid to jail for a couple of years for selling weed.

She did say in the debate that they will make it so using marijuana is not a crime if I heard it right. Yeah, I think that the states should be the ones to determine that...not the Feds. The way they got it now is fine, some of the states that have made it legal are having a little problem with people not thinking correctly on the jobs or skipping work by calling in sick because they know they will not pass the drug test if they get tested, I guess Colorado is having a problem with that in their hospitals, I know someone working in administration there, I am getting the info second hand from her brother though and he does tend to exaggerate, but usually there is always something to what he says. According to him it is a big problem, so that means it is enough of a problem for his sister to have mentioned it.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikemp44

Ever so lightly, but Pence just keeps talking so it's cool. This def better than last debate (prez), and Pence is owning this. Heck I would vote for Pence at this point, dude is hardcore....

he does sound very intelligent and also hard to rattle.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Harris being rude? Seems that the moderator had to continually say, Mr. Vice President, your time is up.

Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up. Mr. Vice President, your time is up.

In years past they would ding a bell telling you you have a few minuets to wind up your thought. No one wants to hear someone's thought cut off before they finished a sentence.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Lacks

I must have said it in Japanese dang.

Thought you meant she is a lacky.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

You would have to be a complete idiot to think that the moderator was fair. The moderator was very gentle when stopping Harris versus her very aggressive and repetitive interruption of the honorable vice President Pence.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The whole format feels archaic to me IMHO. I hope there aren’t people out there still voting for the direction of this country for next four years based on 15 second replies and how nasal a candidate’s voice is or how red another candidate’s eye is.

We are no longer confined to television programming and now have the unlimited resource of the internet and digital streaming. Why can’t we throw them both on a 6 hour Joe Rogan interview in which the entire policy of each candidate is examined in excruciating detail and everything that comes out each candidate’s mouth gets fact-checked in real time?

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman
The whole format feels archaic to me IMHO. I hope there aren’t people out there still voting for the direction of this country for next four years based on 15 second replies and how nasal a candidate’s voice is or how red another candidate’s eye is.

We are no longer confined to television programming and now have the unlimited resource of the internet and digital streaming. Why can’t we throw them both on a 6 hour Joe Rogan interview in which the entire policy of each candidate is examined in excruciating detail and everything that comes out each candidate’s mouth gets fact-checked in real time?

Best assessment of the debate in this thread by far.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join