It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 and Nucleic Acid Tests Why is USA a laggard as Tests are Routine in China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I am not a doctor nor an expert so I tossed this meat into the mud pit to see what can be dredged out from same. I wanted to see what is happening in China as its near their annual National Holiday week. So here's an article from China's China Daily and a quote from a tourist who mentions a Nucleic acid test.

Here's the link:

Macao's tourism sector witnesses mild rebound during National Day holiday

In one of Macao's major tourist sites Senado Square, dozens of tourists sat and rested in front of a fountain. One of the tourists Wang Junqi came to Macao on Sunday, and she quite enjoyed her journey this time. "I came here several times and this time there are less people here, I have very good experience," she said. She mentioned that she came into Macao from Zhuhai through strict anti-pandemic measures, such as examination of thermal detector and nucleic acid test result of COVID-19.

Here's an interview with Fauci

A number of candidate vaccines are being investigated and are directly or indirectly supported by the NIH. Dr. Fauci said there is an effort within the NIH to collaborate and harmonize the approach using common protocols, common primary and secondary endpoints, and compatible and interchangeable lab data. Three main platforms are being studied: nucleic acid, an mRNA-based approach; viral vector; and protein subunit. Phase I and II trials of several of these products have been completed, and an mRNA-1273 vaccine will enter phase III trials at the end of July 2020.

In Keynote Lecture, Anthony Fauci, MD, Explores What We Know About COVID-19 and What’s Being Done to Combat It

Reference:

In China, Shanghai is carrying out massive nucleic acid testing in its major online and offline markets as an effort to curb COVID-19 and protect people's safety.

Can someone from the medical community please comment?
edit on 7-10-2020 by Waterglass because: added link

edit on 7-10-2020 by Waterglass because: revised

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Dr. Falsey

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Thanks!

new topics

join