It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond A Reasonable Doubt- Part One

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO

The bible does NOT say "God did TEST abraham". The bible says "God did TEMPT Abraham". You are a blind follower.

The Hebrew nacah = to test.

Actually, mr. smarty pants....since you "tested" me...

Nacah is not hebrew for test...you bonehead. It is hebrew for adventure by the most accurate translations of today, including the translations of most bible scholars...look it up.

Even at that, some definitions do put it to the word test. However, in that same definition, the word tempt is also used.

Point being, that you excluded about 99% of the definition when providing your biased and uninteligent points. Go back to school for a little while.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Actually, mr. smarty pants....since you "tested" me...

Nacah is not hebrew for test...you bonehead. It is hebrew for adventure by the most accurate translations of today, including the translations of most bible scholars...look it up.

Even at that, some definitions do put it to the word test. However, in that same definition, the word tempt is also used.

Point being, that you excluded about 99% of the definition when providing your biased and uninteligent points. Go back to school for a little while.

Name calling does show a level of maturity. Unfortunately, it does not denote a level of maturity which should be applied to an intelligent discussion.

That being said, your assertion that the Nacah is Hebrew for adventure by most accurate translations today is rubbish. If indeed it were the most accurate translation, it would make sense in context with this particular usage, and quite simply it doesn't. Translations are only accurate if what is being translated is understood. This is not to say that nacah couldn't be translated as adventure but rather to translate it as such in this context is rediculous.

But, I was not saying that the only definition of nacah was "to test". I was pointing out that nacah also equals "to test". Truth of the matter is, both tempt and test could be valid translations in that verse. However, when applied and taken into context with other verses in the bible it is clear that it should not be translated as "tempted". And to say "The bible does NOT say 'God did TEST abraham'. " is erroneous.

Unless of course you actually believe that the KJV is the perfect translation. Indeed if that were the case, then I would point to the obsolete definition of tempted you quoted from meriam-websters (2a) which could very well be the definition which was intended when the translation was made some 4(?) centuries ago.

Regardless, I am glad you took the time to actually look up all the definitions of nacah, but it does not change the fact that nacah does equal "to test".

You use many words to make yourself sound knowledgable, but in this case, I fear you really need to accept the truth in the matter. Want to know what that truth is? You picked the wrong verse with which to raise an issue. Your choice was made without knowledge. It is that simple.

Take care.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join