It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Scott Peterson sentenced to death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Scott Peterson has been sentenced to death for the murder of his wife and unborn child. Peterson declined to comment on the sentencing, and will likely be transferred within 48 hours to death row at San Quentin State Prison, which overlooks the bay in which his wife's body was discarded.

www.thestar.com
A judge sent Scott Peterson to death row today for the slaying of his pregnant wife, Laci, after a turbulent court session in which his father-in-law warned him in a trembling voice: "You're going to burn in hell for this."

Judge Alfred Delucchi accepted the jury's recommendation that Peterson be sentenced to death, calling the killing of Laci Peterson and her fetus "cruel, uncaring, heartless and callous."

Peterson, 32, was invited to make a statement. After several minutes of discussion with his lawyers, he declined.

Wearing a dark suit and shackled at the waist, Peterson stared at Laci's mother without emotion as she told him he deserved to be put to death "as soon as possible."

"You decided to throw Laci and Conner away, dispose of them like they were just a piece of garbage," Sharon Rocha told her former son-in-law. Rocha sobbed as she read from a statement, looking directly at Peterson. "We had to bury Laci without her arms to hold her baby and without her head," Rocha said, her voice breaking.

Laci's father, Dennis Rocha, told Peterson: "You're going to burn in hell for this."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think he deserves what he's getting. I hope the family can be at peace now, at least somewhat, as nothing can bring back what they've lost.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just never really thought he did it. Does anyone know if he has confessed since the verdict/sentencing?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Good for him

Now's he's got all kinds of time to spend thinking about his past actions.

Guess he won't need those golf clubs anymore.

Dang, and to think he had it soooo good too. What a waste.

God bless Lacy and Connor.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Mature,

What makes you think he didn't do it? (Just wondering if it's a hunch or something else.)

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
While it may be true that he's been sentenced to death, it'll be the year 2015, at least, before he's executed!

However, it is good to know that this piece of trash will eventually be executed by the state.

Now, what about the rest of these no-good, scumbags filling up death-row.

What a waste of tax-payers money to let these pukes live a second after sentencing!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't know about the effectiveness about the death penalty really.

I think if the death penalty is imposed, the culprits death should be in the exact manner of the deaths he caused. The old 'eye for an eye' addedge...It should aslo take place within one month of the sentance.......WHY WHY feed and house the people slotted for such punishment????
why not use that food money for peole who have not brought a death penalty sentance upon their heads.....?

[edit on 16-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am not going to say it was a wrong decision to give him the death sentence but the fact that they are taking his life for him killing his wife and unborn baby somehow does not make any sense.

How does the judicial system decide who is fit for the death sentence while other cold harded killers/repeat offenders stay in jail thier whole lives. Is this the best form of punishment that this person deserves?

I mean, he's no saint but at the same time he is no unibomber too. To take an eye for an eye on a case such as this makes me think that the reaction of the public had some influence to it.

And at the same time, would not a life sentence with no chance of perole for him to stew in his own remorse sitting in a stinking cell with men who would love to make him thier bed buddy be a more reasonable choice?

I have a 5yr old daughter, so dont get me wrong, I pray lacy's family are able to get some peace at heart if not peace of mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sure he'll miss the opportunity of freedom in the general population 'cause of his sentence.. but will it really take ten to stuff him with the death dose?

Dallas

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarab
I am not going to say it was a wrong decision to give him the death sentence but the fact that they are taking his life for him killing his wife and unborn baby somehow does not make any sense.

How does the judicial system decide who is fit for the death sentence while other cold harded killers/repeat offenders stay in jail thier whole lives. Is this the best form of punishment that this person deserves?

Actually it was a Jury who recommended his death. A jury made up of his peers. So, it's not the court who decided his fate, it was society who decided his fate. The judge could have gone against the jury and chose life, but it's not a good idea to go against the jury.

Is this the best form of punishment? Dunno, guess that would have to be answered by his peers (jury).

new topics

top topics

join