It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two not guilty of Air India bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Two Sikh men were found not guilty in the 329 deaths that resulted from the bombing of Air India Flight 182 20 years ago. Both men were found not guilty of all eight charges brought against them, including first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Justice Ian Josephson says the bombs did originate in Vancouver, but with the acquittals they are no closer to solving the case. Ripudaman Singh Malik and Ajaib Singh Bagri, the two accused, spent more than 4 years in custody since being arrested.

www.thestar.com
Two Sikh men were acquitted today in the deaths of 329 people who died when Air India Flight 182 was blown out of the sky by a bomb nearly 20 years ago in Canada’s worst case of mass murder.

Justice Ian Josephson of the B.C. Supreme Court found Ripudaman Singh Malik and Ajaib Singh Bagri not guilty on all eight charges each man faced, including first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

The bombs did originate in Vancouver, Josephson ruled, but two decades after they exploded Canadian officials are no closer to solving the case. Malik and Bagri spent more than four years in custody since their arrest.

Bagri, 55, a Kamloops, B.C., sawmill worker wrote a statement delivered outside court by his daughter, Inderjit.

“The past 4-1/2 years have been very difficult for me and my family. I was accused of a horrible crime and have been in prison for over four years.

“In 1985, at the time these terrible events occurred, I was a passionate advocate of an independent homeland for Sikh people. I had absolutely no involvement in these criminal activities.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's been such a long time now, and they're no closer to solving the case than they were 20 years ago. You have to wonder whether they ever will. Some of the witnesses in the case have been shocked by the verdict, they seemed quite sure they'd be convicted, and taking a look at some of the articles, there seems to be some shady stuff going on in there.

Hopefully the families can move on sometime in the future.

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.iht.com
www.stuff.co.nz

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
For some reason I'm glad to see that someone who might be considered a 'terrorist' because of their beliefs/skin color/heritage was aquitted

new topics

join