It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA Do not wear your Trump hat to the Board of Elections to Vote

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: panoz77
I take my coffee black with a dash of liberal tears.

I like my coffee how I like my women.

Ground up and in the freezer.

I was going to say cold and wet.
Like when you pull them up off the bottom of the lake.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77
It's just how it is. It is to keep voting areas neutral. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I were you, there are worse problems out there.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Does anyone expect they would attempt to enforce this (questionable) law for a piece of biden flare? Does BLM count?

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This was in NE Ohio.

Apparently in the 1980's they passed laws called "Electioneering" laws in many states that prohibit the display of campaign related items like pins, buttons, and even clothing from being worn within 100 feet of polling places. I somewhat knew that this applied to campaigning and people affiliated with campaigns and the people running for offices, but I was not aware this applied to the general public.

Needless to say, I went down to the Board of Elections this morning to vote with my Trump hat on. Waited in line for about 20 minutes, not one person said a word about the hat. I got to the door and the poll worker at the door got real nervous and stuttered and said "can you ta ta ta take your hat off?". I politely told him not a chance and to go pound sand. At this point, I was in the building and waited for another 5 minutes in line to get my ballot, again, nobody said a word to be or gave me a cross look. As I approached the counter and handed over my ID, another poll worker (I assume a supervisor) saw my hat and said "You have to take that off to vote". I said, "Sorry, I'm not taking anything off". He then said "You can go ask the sheriff." I then replied "Not my job, you go get the sheriff". I saw the sheriff outside while I was standing in line. The lady at the counter handed me my ballot and I sat down in a booth and began to read over the ballot. The sheriff then came up to my side and said "You have to take your hat off to vote, it is considered electioneering." I replied, "Excuse me, I'm trying to cast my votes". He replied "You have to take it off." I replied, "So if I was wearing a shirt that said Trump, I would have to take my shirt off too?" He said no, "You would have to leave and change shirts". I said is this a law? He said "Yes". So I took my hat off and sat it next to me and finished voting and scanned my ballot, put my hat back on and walked back to my car.

These laws were passed because of supposed "voter intimidation". What I experienced WAS voter intimidation, IMHO. This seems like it is unconstitutional to me in violation of the 1A. What say you?

Here is the suspect in question.

i am in central ohio and i am aware of these laws, however, i have always interpretated the law as applying primarily to election workers, but i know at least in my area they have had signs up indicating the law and not to wear campaign attire.
Glad it worked out for you and did not esculate further . plus i am proud of your peaceful protest

edit on 7-10-2020 by RsaWarhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
It's just how it is. It is to keep voting areas neutral. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I were you, there are worse problems out there.

I can see having neutrality for poll workers, but why does the general public need to be "sanitized as neutral"? I also can see laws regulating the candidates and campaign workers from "electioneering", but where is the line for the public to restrict 1A? What if I had a huge Trump tattoo on my arm? Can I not vote due to "electioneering"? How does that differ from the display of Trumps name on a hat? What about the picture of the car I posted with the painted orange with Trump all over it? Can I park that out front while I vote or is that "electioneering"? This is very simply a 1A infringement, as someone else pointed out, it was challenged in MN and won as not being a reasonable interpretation of "electioneering" for prohibiting clothing.

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is from 2018
www.usatoday.com...

You might want to challenge your local officials on this.

Edit to add:

This may not help your particular case since every state regulates voting place messaging and electioneering. But I have to wonder how far this goes.

"Overly broad state laws that ban wearing political messages inside polling places are unconstitutional, the Supreme Court ruled Thursday.

The 7-2 decision struck down a century-old Minnesota law that was challenged by a voter temporarily turned away for wearing a Tea Party shirt and a "Please I.D. Me" button."
edit on 7-10-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Can you imagine the hysterics if a BLM guy wore something with BLM on it in the voting area, by the trump supporters. rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Or a Mexican flag Tshirt.
edit on 7-10-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Or a Mexican flag Tshirt.

Let's turn Election Day into Taco Tuesday.

I vote for al pastor.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

That's why I think it may be relevant to your case.

I'd definitely consider challenging that law under these grounds.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It would be an easy win with the only issue being lack of funds. You'd need some civil rights firm to do pro bono on this as I don't think you're going to recoup much in the way of civil penalties.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
so 40 years later NOW the law matters to YOU ?
It is THE law if someone has a Biden hat they will be told to take it off.
Now go vote for someone who you think will change that law mien while dont start Riots of looting LOLOLOLOL

The Right amazes Me it only bad when Its about them as IF the sheriff would not say the same thing about a Biden hat .
PS laws about what you can ware Humm well as Long as String bikini's stay legal Im good .
edit on 7-10-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
exactly!!!! and WE supposedly have tds and melt downs ...talk about over reacting to a simple take off your hat,,,,!!!!!! and hat person did you vote twice like trump told you to?????? you flagrantly broke the law at the polling place so I can see you doing that

originally posted by: DorianSoran

I didn't make their lives easy today.

Sounds like they didn't make your life easy today. All this pissing and moaning over a hat. The laws are there for a REASON not just to make a little rumpy supporter bitch and moan like a little girl - wah wah!

Do some research, check history and you will see the laws are there for more than JUST you - you sound as entitled and conceited as your buffoon cult leader.

Calm down Spanky, there will be a LOT more for you to piss and moan about after the election, a LOT more than a stupid old, stinky and stained truckers cap. Putz.

Dorian Soran

edit on 7-10-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I am considering filing a complaint with the Ohio Board of Elections.
elc.ohio.gov...

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
exactly!!!! and WE supposedly have tds and melt downs ...talk about over reacting to a simple take off your hat,,,,!!!!!! and hat person did you vote twice like trump told you to?????? you flagrantly broke the law at the polling place so I can see you doing that

originally posted by: DorianSoran

I didn't make their lives easy today.

Sounds like they didn't make your life easy today. All this pissing and moaning over a hat. The laws are there for a REASON not just to make a little rumpy supporter bitch and moan like a little girl - wah wah!

Do some research, check history and you will see the laws are there for more than JUST you - you sound as entitled and conceited as your buffoon cult leader.

Calm down Spanky, there will be a LOT more for you to piss and moan about after the election, a LOT more than a stupid old, stinky and stained truckers cap. Putz.

Dorian Soran

It's about First Amendment rights, not a Trump hat. But why would we ask a communist to understand our constitution.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
a Biden hat

Now that's the funniest thing I have ever read. You just broke the internet, ROFL!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

elc.ohio.gov...

Right, the OBE is a bunch of lefty's, the one's that instituted the no electioneering in polling places in the first place. You're funny too!

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

elc.ohio.gov...

Right, the OBE is a bunch of lefty's, the one's that instituted the no electioneering in polling places in the first place. You're funny too!

My county leans left (except for 2016 for the first time in decades), Ohio overall is a red state.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

elc.ohio.gov...

My county leans left (except for 2016 for the first time in decades), Ohio overall is a red state.

Then file your complaint in favor of the 1st, freedom of speech. For everyone, BLM, Antifa,Black Panthers and KKK, Proud boogaloo boiz and every one to wear stupid hats if they so choose. And T shirts too!! Especially Tshirts. Oh yeah and pistolas should be allowed to be sported as well, showing that 2nd amendment support or any kind of firearm for that matter. Freedom of expression is a constitutional right. File your complaint but for everyone and everything, not just your MAGA hat.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

elc.ohio.gov...

Then file your complaint in favor of the 1st, freedom of speech. For everyone, BLM, Antifa,Black Panthers and KKK, Proud boogaloo boiz and every one to wear stupid hats if they so choose. And T shirts too!! Especially Tshirts. Oh yeah and pistolas should be allowed to be sported as well, showing that 2nd amendment support or any kind of firearm for that matter. Freedom of expression is a constitutional right. File your complaint but for everyone and everything, not just your MAGA hat.

I already said it's not about a specific hat, it's about the 1A. I would support anyone wearing any clothing they choose to while they vote, did you miss that? By the way, 2A IS allowed in many states in polling places.

blog.princelaw.com...

www.nytimes.com...

I'll let you google the rest, LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
P.S. If you see someone wearing a Biden 2020 hat, buy a lottery ticket and a saddle for a Unicorn.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maybe you can't wear a Trump or MAGA hat, but you could wear this, and there is nothing in the law against it, but it sends the signal you want.

THE HAT
edit on 8-10-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join