It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA Do not wear your Trump hat to the Board of Elections to Vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

"whining" is an interesting characterization.

From the only information made available here, a question was asked, a brief discussion was had, and compliance was given. No guns drawn, no fights were had.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Don't forget your RBG tribute necklace.

They are actually socks!

SHHHH if I am wearing trousers no one will notice! Oh and then I can wear my lucky MAGA underwear!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Same in many countries. You cannot turn up to vote promoting a party, this covers wearing merchandise. It's a reasonable rule for a few reasons. But I see your point, it's not a great rule also.

No, it is not reasonable application when it violates the constitution, namely the first amendment while also trying to perform a constitutionally protected activity i.e. voting. How can you think this is "reasonable"?

I was not speaking, I was silently standing in line to vote, was not talking, causing a disturbance in any way, shape or form.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I had a state rep button on my coat one year and got yelled at by one of the election workers. I don't mean "please take the button off" in a gentle voice, it was a loud "YOU CAN'T WEAR THAT BUTTON IN HERE!"

Well. I had never heard of that but I hadn't been voting very long at the time. So I took it off, put it in my pocket and voted.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
SHHHH if I am wearing trousers no one will notice! Oh and then I can wear my lucky MAGA underwear!

Wear them on the outside like Alex from A Clockwork Orange President.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

From the only information made available here, a question was asked, a brief discussion was had, and compliance was given. No guns drawn, no fights were had.

Oh Tex I think whining is very appropriate characterization.

OP was first asked to take of his stupid hat...
Poll worker at the door (And obviously a liberal cause conservatives don't volunteer...or are polite)
stuttered and said "can you ta ta ta take your hat off? ( I love that the OP was rude enough to make fun of a speech impediment and pound some sand stupid volunteer with a speech impediment...CLASSY!!!)

OP again asked by another volunteer possibly Liberal we are unclear about this but they are volunteering so...
Poll worker politely You have to take that off to vote...

OP and come on TEX at what point is this not a whine? If he had stomped his widdle foots?
"Sorry, I'm not taking anything off"

Funny part asked politely twice while BREAKING THE LAW finally has to take up a Sheriff time to remind him! OP must be dense at this point to be politely asked and you gotta get the lawman involved?

The Sheriff very politely asks him twice take it off and whats the OP do?
Argues...
man my kids don't argue or throw tantrums like this BS! And I guess we choose what criminal acts are breaking the law and which are not?

"So if I was wearing a shirt that said Trump, I would have to take my shirt off too?" WAHHHHHHHHHH! Takes hat off...

YUP...BWAAHAHAHA!

edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 06 Oct 2020 13:33:25 -0500pm1America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Wear them on the outside like Alex from A Clockwork Orange President.

CAN'T cause as the OP found out that is called Electioneering and we could argue if I could get away with NRA hat and BLM shirt, but damn if I won't wear my underwear and socks like any decent voting citizen!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'll wear a red hat, see what they say

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

...but damn if I won't wear my underwear and socks like any decent voting citizen!

I was hoping for indecent.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh Tex I think whining is very appropriate characterization.

OP was first asked to take of his stupid hat...
Poll worker at the door (And obviously a liberal cause conservatives don't volunteer...or are polite)
stuttered and said "can you ta ta ta take your hat off? ( I love that the OP was rude enough to make fun of a speech impediment and pound some sand stupid volunteer with a speech impediment...CLASSY!!!)

OP again asked by another volunteer possibly Liberal we are unclear about this but they are volunteering so...
Poll worker politely You have to take that off to vote...

OP and come on TEX at what point is this not a whine? If he had stomped his widdle foots?
"Sorry, I'm not taking anything off"

Funny part asked politely twice while BREAKING THE LAW finally has to take up a Sheriff time to remind him! OP must be dense at this point to be politely asked and you gotta get the lawman involved?

The Sheriff very politely asks him twice take it off and whats the OP do?
Argues...
man my kids don't argue or throw tantrums like this BS! And I guess we choose what criminal acts are breaking the law and which are not?

"So if I was wearing a shirt that said Trump, I would have to take my shirt off too?" WAHHHHHHHHHH! Takes hat off...

YUP...BWAAHAHAHA!

The poll worker at the door didn't have a speech impediment, he was visibly nervous to ask me to take off the hat, that's why he stammered. This was obviously something that these poll workers were briefed on before hand. I'll love to see if this is consistent application across the board for all political statements on clothing.
edit on 6-10-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
There were no curtains. It was a cardboard three sided screen on a table. The ballots were paper, fill in the circle, then scan, no receipt to confirm the votes.

That's what we had two elections ago, on a side note I've never gotten a receipt for voting.

I got my first receipt for voting in the 2018 general election here in PA.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I guess it's a state by state thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

I guess it's a state by state thing.

It is, it has changed in Ohio a few times. Last election, there was a paper receipt in the machine that you could review, but not take with you. In this case, there was nothing for me to look at (hard copy or even an electronic screen) to verify my votes were counted for whom I voted, we just have to trust the electronic machine. We all know those machines never make a mistake.
edit on 6-10-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I get around it by wearing a Vladimir Putin t-shirt.

It gets my point across.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
my sister does the same kind of thing...one days she tells me she was in the spa after swimming laps was chatting with the lady next to her..this woman served our country in the military and said something she didn't like about trump.....so my sister BRAGS that she yelled at this lady and gave her all kinds of hell.....my sister was gloating and bragging like this was something to be proud of, that by golly no one will say a negative thing of any kind about trump in front of her.

the other thing I made the big mistake of saying that I wasn't happy with either side..so my sister made it her mission to force me to become a republican

just like this poster who flaunted the law caused a hassle at the voting place and comes on here and brags about
it.......I have worked at the polling place you have no idea how busy it gets we worked from 6 am to 10 pm that day and you made their job harder........I figured it out watching my sister and her behavior they love trump because they are JUST LIKE HIM..they BEHAVE just like him

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is from 2018
www.usatoday.com...

You might want to challenge your local officials on this.

Edit to add:

This may not help your particular case since every state regulates voting place messaging and electioneering. But I have to wonder how far this goes.

Thanks for that, and trust me, I didn't make their lives easy today. I pushed back until the sheriff intervened, and since I was not totally sure I had the law on my side, I relented. Took off the hat, set it next to me facing out, finished my ballot and left with my hat on.

Does this make you some kind of martyr or something? You sound really proud of yourself. You were violating the law and kept violating it until Law Enforcement made you stand down. Election officials tried to make you understand the law but you refused. I don't see how this says anything positive about you. Unless being a complete jerk is something to be proud. Don't let your heroes be ghosts people.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Lets be honest: its a dumb law. Or, rather, its not narrowly enough defined to make it not dumb.

What if someone has a tattoo for Trump. Stupid, i know...but you know how Trump supporters can be about the guy.

The purpose is to prevent stuff like peer pressure and direct candidate pressure. Its not about harassing folks going about their daily life.

On a related note, wearing labels is kinda dumb. I got raked recently on a company fan page when I asked someone how much he was paid to wear all the company apparel he had. You'd think i insulted his mother. But seriously...why would you pay money to advertise for someone else? I never really got that.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Holy sh!t we are in trouble, to state the obvious.

Did you see any Biden hats or shirts or pins, do you remember? I would bet money that no one with Biden sh!t on was asked to remove any of it.

I am PISSED and I hope everyone else is too.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Like in your trump short pants?

Asking for a friend...

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed about paying for someone else’s advertising. I do it with Patagonia clothing- I worked for them part time a few years ago and once you start wearing their clothes, it’s hard to wear anything else. I’m bummed when I have to dress up or dress professionally, because they don’t make those clothing types and so I have to be all itchy and constricted and not have any pockets. So I’m not trying to wear a label, but can’t avoid it.
edit on 6-10-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Like in your trump short pants?

Asking for a friend...

I’m not quite sure what kind of insult or joke that is supposed to be, or if you’re being a creepy male and trying to get me to describe what I’m wearing. Nice try man.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join