It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA Do not wear your Trump hat to the Board of Elections to Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You can campaign away from the polling area here. But inside they don't allow it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Indeed.

It may be that the SCOTUS won't find this to be a violation and still within the realm of sound electioneering laws.

Yep, and it's not like he was doing this, which went on for hours during election day 2008.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's allowed voter intimidation.

It's in the law too. If you're a perpetually aggrieved individual or group you're allowed to wear paramilitary uniforms and carry weapons in front of polling stations to make sure white folk don't oppress you.

Sheesh man. Learn the freaking laws.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: panoz77

This is from 2018
www.usatoday.com...

You might want to challenge your local officials on this.

Edit to add:

This may not help your particular case since every state regulates voting place messaging and electioneering. But I have to wonder how far this goes.

Thanks for that, and trust me, I didn't make their lives easy today. I pushed back until the sheriff intervened, and since I was not totally sure I had the law on my side, I relented. Took off the hat, set it next to me facing out, finished my ballot and left with my hat on.

Does this make you some kind of martyr or something? You sound really proud of yourself. You were violating the law and kept violating it until Law Enforcement made you stand down. Election officials tried to make you understand the law but you refused. I don't see how this says anything positive about you. Unless being a complete jerk is something to be proud. Don't let your heroes be ghosts people.

You have to be killed to be a martyr. Anyways, he complied when the law approached him and lived to tell us the story.

See how easy it is to comply? See how far it can get you in life if you comply?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'll comply until they say "board this train" or "go to that camp with the locked gate and armed guards in it."

Just saying. Complying with law enforcement has its own context too. Sometimes complying is the wrong thing to do.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That's allowed voter intimidation.

It's in the law too. If you're a perpetually aggrieved individual or group you're allowed to wear paramilitary uniforms and carry weapons in front of polling stations to make sure white folk don't oppress you.

Sheesh man. Learn the freaking laws.

Right? Meanwhile, as we're more and more oppressed by racist democrat pet groups, they're still considered the oppressed ones.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Its petty, i agree. The only fight you have is in court. The sheriff was just doing his job, as were the election workers.

But i do appreciate that you did as you were asked by law enforcement. So many Karens in this world would have been an ass over it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I'll comply until they say "board this train" or "go to that camp with the locked gate and armed guards in it."

Just saying. Complying with law enforcement has its own context too. Sometimes complying is the wrong thing to do.

Of course, but I don't think a cop is gonna tell you to get on your knees and start gobbling or something out of the ordinary like that. But when they ask you to take off your hat, it's best to take off your hat.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You were giving that Sheriff a hard time for directing you on the Law? I don't care if you disagree pal but it IS the law despite your Karen attitude with law enforcement...

On that note I was thinking of wearing my NRA hat and a BLM shirt with bright white NIKE shoes... just for grins

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Toss in a Che pin for real giggles.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
LOL, just went to the grocery and saw this outside. I wonder what they will do at the Board of Elections if this guy drives his car and parks it outside well within 100 ft of the building. Slippery slope.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: panoz77

This is from 2018
www.usatoday.com...

You might want to challenge your local officials on this.

Edit to add:

This may not help your particular case since every state regulates voting place messaging and electioneering. But I have to wonder how far this goes.

Thanks for that, and trust me, I didn't make their lives easy today. I pushed back until the sheriff intervened, and since I was not totally sure I had the law on my side, I relented. Took off the hat, set it next to me facing out, finished my ballot and left with my hat on.

Does this make you some kind of martyr or something? You sound really proud of yourself. You were violating the law and kept violating it until Law Enforcement made you stand down. Election officials tried to make you understand the law but you refused. I don't see how this says anything positive about you. Unless being a complete jerk is something to be proud. Don't let your heroes be ghosts people.

No, not a martyr, but I'm not going to take some liberal democrat poll workers word for it (our area is historically highly democrat, but went for Trump in 2016), that's for dam sure. The sheriff said it was the law, so I complied with LAW ENFORCEMENT.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
You were giving that Sheriff a hard time for directing you on the Law? I don't care if you disagree pal but it IS the law despite your Karen attitude with law enforcement...

On that note I was thinking of wearing my NRA hat and a BLM shirt with bright white NIKE shoes... just for grins

I complied after the sheriff confirmed it was a law. Simple, no Karen about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nobody should wear a political hat when voting. No people should even be promoting a candidate at the voting places, intimidation can be implied, nobody has to say a word. If a guy is huge and muscular and is standing around intimidating people with his hat, that is not right. If a sexy woman with a campaign hat is talking to people, that is unfair too.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

weak.

he asked, the sheriff answered, he complied.

If you think that is harassment, you might want to cinch up your diaper.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Toss in a Che pin for real giggles.

Great Idea!

I have a Rainbow one and Anarchy one I might wear as well!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Same in many countries. You cannot turn up to vote promoting a party, this covers wearing merchandise. It's a reasonable rule for a few reasons. But I see your point, it's not a great rule also.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Don't forget your RBG tribute necklace.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

weak.

he asked, the sheriff answered, he complied.

If you think that is harassment, you might want to cinch up your diaper.

Diaper? oh right cause I am whining about a LAW cause I'm not being able to wear a stupid hat to cover my bald head?

WAAAAAAAAA!

Ok Tex

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The proud boiz are threatening to "stand by" at polling places "to make sure the voting is on the up and up" encouraged by trump, could that be considered electioneering or intimidation? Personally, I don't need the BLM people or Boogaloo boiz intimadation. I remember an election when the T party folks hung around the polling places all day asking "exit poll" questions. I told them to f*** off.

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 6-10-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join