It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is your sign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
For the non Europeans out there, returning deposit bottles and cans is a big thing in Germany and Europe and when you go to a drink center and turn in your empties you get a receipt to cash in or deduct from your total at the cash register. I had a family member send me this and was really wondering how many people the cashiers had to witness to make this a sign a necessity. It basically says please do not put your receipt in your mouth out of hygiene and infection protection reasons. I do not put a receipt in my mouth pre covid rules or at all. Do you?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm under 65 and healthy, so yes I regularly disregard the hygiene guidelines. I also don;t know or come into close contact with anyone above 65, so I am not risking anyone's life.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: paytaplay

No, it never occurred to me to put a receipt in my mouth. Yuck!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

but do you put receipts in your mouth that you have to give to a cashier

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Macht aus nichs! There are plenty of people that have nasty habits! We’re just more conscious of it nowadays. Reminded me of the time pre-Covid, that a cashier licked her fingers to help her open the plastic bag, before she started bagging the groceries! 🤮 Hopefully having to wear a mask broke her of that nasty habit!

WOQ

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Nothing about not eating the cashiers.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paytaplay

No, money instead.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Haha. There is a sign by the cash register at my local dollar store.
It reads 'Please do not lick your fingers before handing money to cashier'
Seriously.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: paytaplay

I'm in Canada and worked retail from highschool onwards, and people do tons of gross stuff with money/cards/reciepts, and just in retail establishments in general.

Put them in their mouths, their bras, their underwear, and I saw one guy pull up his shirt to reveal a money belt SOAKED in sweat from his illustrious man breasts.

I've seen people shove every manner of purchasable good down the back of their pants directly into their built in cup holder, the butt crack. Newspapers, drinks, SANDWICHES!

I've seen a guy walk around a questionably clean gas station with bare feet, including using the bathroom, then grabbing a chocolate bar on a low shelf with his feet like a monkey before leaving and exclaiming, "WHEN WILL THE WORLD REALIZE THE BENEFITS OF LACTO-FERMEMTED SNACKS????"

One week before that guys barefooot walk around, an old woman came up to the counter and stated, "Excuse me and I'm sorry, but my husband is sick and just # everywhere."
And she meant everywhere. And then a 16 year old donned a rain slicker and cleaned it, and then washed his hands and stocked the pop cooler.

Retail is gross. Don't underestimate people.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nothing about not eating the cashiers.

That only spreads COVID if you eat an infected person raw.
So cook em.
edit on b000000312020-10-06T10:11:55-05:0010America/ChicagoTue, 06 Oct 2020 10:11:55 -05001000000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm more of a tartar kinda person.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have seen lots of people put a paper into their mouth if they are lifting something heavy into their cart. It is very common up here actually. I sometimes do it myself, because it is acceptable. You cup your lips over your teeth, that way the receipt does not give a bitter taste in your mouth. My daughter does it so does my wife, it is a third hand.

I understand why they made that sign and it is logical. I hate covid, you can't stick your fingers in your mouth to dampen them to get the damn plastic produce bags open without getting piercing stares from someone these days..

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I worked a job in NC...outside, pouring rain. Went to store to buy smokes and my money was soaked. Straight faced, I said to the cashier " Sorry, couldn't wait to get to the hotel to pee. "

She gave me a look to kill, put on a glove and put it in the register. I decided not to tell her I was joking.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: paytaplay

The cashier gives me receipts. Not the other way around. So no.
edit on 7-10-2020 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join