It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Balke aquitted of all charges.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
71 year old Robert Blake was aquitted of all charges today in the case of his wife's murder. The case, being held for four years, is finally over, but with a controversial verdict.

www.cnn.com
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Four years of a real-life crime story ended Wednesday for actor Robert Blake, the star of "In Cold Blood" and "Baretta," when a California jury acquitted him of murder in the 2001 slaying of his wife.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Man, this is just wrong. Someone with that much evidence gets released. What has this world come to.

[edit on 3-16-2005 by theshadowknows]

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A La OJ Simpson. Thats all. Next will be Michael Jackson

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe Blake's Baretta character went into the trial but it was his Lost Highway character that got him out of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We've met before haven't we?

Come on, does this guy look like he'd ever hurt anyone to you?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Dammit MA! You beat me to the Lost Highway reference. hehe

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm actually elated he got off.
And, Yes. I do believe he did it. (Please do not flame me, it's just my opinion)

Goes to show our court system actually works. The prosecution had absolutely no real direct evidence. (very much UNLIKE the OJ case)

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I haven't followed the case. Why is it 'wrong'? What evidence did they have?

The article notes

Bakley was shot to death May 4, 2001, outside Blake's favorite Italian restaurant in Studio City, after the two had dinner.

Blake had said he left Bakley in the car while he returned to the restaurant to retrieve a handgun he had left behind. He told detectives he was armed because his wife feared someone was stalking her.

That seems pretty obvious, but, if thats all there is, then it shouldn't be a surprise that he wasn't convicted. What else was there?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
All I have to say is ... WHO CARES??? This is just another meaningless personality parade.

well, if you dont care, why post in this thread? Lets keep on topic please.

Thanks, TSK

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
arggghhh!

Pet peeve

I've seen several posts on this, and almost all of them have had the last name spelled as Balke.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
and they were straight from a crocodile...gee.......steal a bubble gum, and poof you're in jail..kill your spouse.......you get away with it...Hmmmm........light bulb going off.j/k

[edit on 16-3-2005 by angeleyes101]

[edit on 16-3-2005 by angeleyes101]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
No DNA evidance, no Fingerprints, suspect testamonies by ex-drug addicts and absolutely no link between him and the murder weapon. Kinda beyond a reasanable doubt dont you think?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
I'm actually elated he got off.
And, Yes. I do believe he did it. (Please do not flame me, it's just my opinion)

Flames SourGrapes and gives her directions to nearest shopping center then runs off into a corner to hide.

new topics

top topics

join