It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA Finals viewership down 68%

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
As for the NBA, I myself stopped watching my San Antonio Spurs. We had a good run when Duncan, Ginobili and Parker had the iron clad triangle defense. Duncan, possibly the Greatest Power Forward in NBA history brought us plenty of Finals Wins.

However, after 2010, I stopped watching, mainly because of Active Duty Military obligations, like staff duty, 30 days field exercises, Weapon ranges, Gas chambers (CS/CN) and a bevy of other fun and physically demanding things, heh.

But after 2016, my Spurs coach, Greg Popovich (Pop), went hyper partisan, started running his mouth about Trump, breaking from the usual cold demeanor and no fluff one line answers we all got use to, Spurs fans that is.

Did Trump really have that kind of effect to break a former military mans composure? I was turned off by this and since then, I haven’t watching any sports, particularly the NBA.

It certainly is sad and tragedy as well because I use to make NBA game nights a “Thing”, you know, snacks, beers, friends, live chats, dancing at three pointers. It’s because we watch sports for a variety of reasons. To get away from life, to get competitive, have faith and support in a local team, things of this nature. The moment those players and coaches interjected politics, especially hyper partisan ones that directly went against the President, just was so turned off by it all.

Haven’t watched a game since and honestly? I don’t even notice.
I, too, was a Spurs fan. My dad and I used to cheer them on at the old Hemisfair Arena, back when George “Iceman” Gervin was the star player. I was thrilled to bag his groceries and carry them out to his sweet ride one time; he was really nice. The glory years with The Commodore were fantastic, then Popovich had to ruin it all by mixing politics and social justice with sports.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Professional Sports will continue to suffer for three reasons.
#1 Being political
#2 People are hurting for money, they can't afford $150-200 for paid tv (cable/satellite) and sports packages
#3 Professional sports fan base is on it's death bed, younger generation are more into watching e-sports

Kids these days spend summers inside playing video games or watching other people play them.

Can you blame female athletes for getting out of sports due to trans women being allowed.

link   
Professional Sports will continue to suffer for three reasons.
#1 Being political
#2 People are hurting for money, they can't afford $150-200 for paid tv (cable/satellite) and sports packages
#3 Professional sports fan base is on it's death bed, younger generation are more into watching e-sports

Kids these days spend summers inside playing video games or watching other people play them.

Can you blame female athletes for getting out of sports due to trans women being allowed.

link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Bloodworth

What other countries gives football players, basketball players, baseball players, boxers and many more multi million dollar contracts?

English Premier League Football Players.

www.sportsmole.co.uk...

50 players and 1 sport?

Rough odds.

Your odds would be much greater in the u.s. as its employees much more. I listed about 4 sports earlier. Then you have rap music as well which offer opportunities. Add the greatness that is the united nego college funds. So many openings.

There are 20 Teams in The English Premier League. Each team has a squad of 25 players. That makes a total of 500 players and not 50.

The lowest wage for a Premier League Footballer is £60,000 per week. That would mean that every player would earn at least £3 million per annum. The highest paid player has just signed for Arsenal for a wage of £375,000 per week

Garath Bale has just signed for Tottenham Hotspur on a 12 month loan from Real Madrid. Tottenham are paying him £200,000 per week and Real Madrid are paying the balance of his wage of £600,000 per week. Therefore his total earnings are £800,000 per week.

As for other British Black Sportsmen, Formula 1 Driver Lewis Hamilton is on £769,000 per week from Mercedes, and the worlds current highest paid Boxer is Anthony Joshua.

So, as i stated previously America is not the only country where Black sportsmen can make themselves multi-millionaires.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What other countries gives football players, basketball players, baseball players, boxers and many more multi million dollar contracts?

www.sportsmole.co.uk...

50 players and 1 sport?

Rough odds.

Your odds would be much greater in the u.s. as its employees much more. I listed about 4 sports earlier. Then you have rap music as well which offer opportunities. Add the greatness that is the united nego college funds. So many openings.

There are 20 Teams in The English Premier League. Each team has a squad of 25 players. That makes a total of 500 players and not 50.

The lowest wage for a Premier League Footballer is £60,000 per week. That would mean that every player would earn at least £3 million per annum. The highest paid player has just signed for Arsenal for a wage of £375,000 per week

Garath Bale has just signed for Tottenham Hotspur on a 12 month loan from Real Madrid. Tottenham are paying him £200,000 per week and Real Madrid are paying the balance of his wage of £600,000 per week. Therefore his total earnings are £800,000 per week.

As for other British Black Sportsmen, Formula 1 Driver Lewis Hamilton is on £769,000 per week from Mercedes, and the worlds current highest paid Boxer is Anthony Joshua.

So, as i stated previously America is not the only country where Black sportsmen can make themselves multi-millionaires.

Are taking about 1 sport?

Odds are much weaker every where else besides America

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

www.sportsmole.co.uk...

50 players and 1 sport?

Rough odds.

I assume you mean we don't have Leagues for American Football, Baseball Basketball etc ? It's only America that actually takes those naff games seriously. Otherwise there would be worldwide competitions for them as there is in real football.

However, the top Football Leagues in Germany, France, Italy and Spain also have Black Football Players who earn multi mullions per year.

American is not unique in that aspect, far from it.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I know I'm actively avoiding it and hope they all feel it on their next contract negotiations. I pay and allow advertisements to watch a sports game, not some overpaid athlete who never passed his own final to lecture me on his political views. I SHOULDN'T even be aware of any of their political views unless it's outside the game.

It might be nice to see a more diverse lineup in pro basketball besides all the oppressive blacks who are obviously enjoying black privilege.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Lol. Look, it says field on the field and sky on the sky. 🤣

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

www.sportsmole.co.uk...

50 players and 1 sport?

Rough odds.

I assume you mean we don't have Leagues for American Football, Baseball Basketball etc ? It's only America that actually takes those naff games seriously. Otherwise there would be worldwide competitions for them as there is in real football.

However, the top Football Leagues in Germany, France, Italy and Spain also have Black Football Players who earn multi mullions per year.

American is not unique in that aspect, far from it.

I wasn't talking about uniqueness...I was talking about odds..

Because there are more sports in America , because of rap music and because of the United nego college fund.

The odds of success are much greater in the USA

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Because there are more sports in America

I think not. There are probably about the same amount. You play NFL we play Rugby Union and Rugby League. You play Baseball we play Cricket. You play Pool we play Snooker and Billiards. etc.

In fact of all the most popular sports in the world, Britain invented most of them.

because of rap music

There are British Rappers you know.

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeehaw!

Hope the rest drops off and it puts those overpaid political activists out of a job

The world will go on just fine without overpaid sports. College level is great. But hope Lebron and his buddies see how useful their "skills" are in the real world

What a chump that Lebrin

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Good riddance. Overpaid cry babies with no real world skills

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

This suggests the American public has had it with BLM/race baiting, to the point of abandonning viewing in FINALS. It also implies fatigue with anyone else, like Democrats, pushing this anti-American narrative.
a reply to: M5xaz

actually after the wiscoinsin stoppage there hasnt been that much activism spots before that yes every player interview got political and before every game there was political montage. but since the stoppage its pretty much been all basketball.

Except for the BLM messaging written on the court itself!!!

Whether sports or movies or TV shows, people want entertainment, not Marxist critical race theory BS indoctrination session, which is why Basketball viewership is DOWN 70 PERCENT; that is even worse given that with mass of people at home because of covid, viewership should be rising.

Hence, Americans do not want this Marxist critical race theory BS
Democrats are pushing that same unpopular Marxist BS

Thus, Democrats will likely suffer because of it at the polls.

QED

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Absolutely
I personally refuse to take any action that will benefit any person or group that supports folks who hate the United States.

The way I see it there are two groups of people. Those who would burn the flag and those who would stop at nothing to protect it.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The NBA Finals concluded last night. I think the LA Clippers won over the Miami Heat.

Viewership was a record low for the series: twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Meh
Nba people knew the conclusion
My 14yo lebron fan didn't watch 4,5,or 6.
"Its over dad"

Tho the social justice crap didn't help.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

About 2% of high school athletes will go on to some level of college play, and even less of those go on to pro.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join