It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA Finals viewership down 68%

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The sad thing is, if their vitrue signalling BS gained enough fans to even replace their core it would be one thing. Anyone know of any soyboys suddenly tuning into sports to see their virtue signalling? I don't lol. So they are driving their money away, and not attracting any semblance of a new audience. Essentially committing seppuko.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Full disclosure: I never was much of a sports fan, just a little football. But, wtf is a bubble and why am I just now hearing about it?

Everyone, players, coaches, trainers, ect have been at a hotel complex in orlando.
Quarentine to get in ect.
So they could "safely" finish the season.

The nhl did something similar.

Sounds like an smart way to lose money fast

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: mtnshredder

Lingerie football is a thing.
The game is terrible but who the hell cares?

How did I not know such a thing exists?! Where do I subscribe, lol!!

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Right... thats why even f1 and European football leagues are also seeing a slump. It has nothing to do with the global pandemic and off regular season match-ups, right?

You guys down there are a mess. Stop making everything a tit for tat political dick showing competition.

I never said it didn't have anything to do with covid now did I? Sure that's part of it but not the main reason people aren't watching. I've yet to talk to anyone that's decided not to watch their #shows just because of a partial season. It's all been about their BS that people aren't watching and I've talked to a lot of people about this subject. We're done with their racial crap, how hard is that to comprehend?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Right... thats why even f1 and European football leagues are also seeing a slump. It has nothing to do with the global pandemic and off regular season match-ups, right?

You guys down there are a mess. Stop making everything a tit for tat political dick showing competition.

Huh?
F1 TV ratings up

With fans not allowed to attend Formula 1 races, the latest F1 TV ratings and figures have shown a slight increase in viewership. According to Sports Media Watch, the British Grand Prix averaged a 0.47 rating and 736,000 viewers on ESPN, making it the largest audience for the race since it last aired on broadcast television in 2012. Several other broadcasters reported an improvement in viewership as well. Sports Pro Media disclosed that Formula 1’s UK viewership for live races and highlights touched 13.63 million during the first three races of the 2020 calendar.

2020 Indy 500 second most watched Indycar race in history

UEFA posts highest US TV viewership numbers since 2015

UEFA posts record viewership in France

Portugal UEFA ratings up 40%

UEFA Final scores record ratings in Germany

Dude, your premise is outright false. The viewership "slump" is in major US sports, not in the handful of sports in the US which haven't gone out of their way to virtue signal or in the Euro sports that have simply tired to play their games. That said, IIRC, some of the UEFA players were jumping on the ridiculous blm bandwagon as well... likely a curiosity for Euros who were no doubt wonder "WTF are Euro athletes doing concerning themselves with police activity in the USA?"

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Couldn't be that Miami players Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic were injured, and with them any hope of a real challenge from Miami?
No
That couldn't be it......
Has to be the black thing right?

Even though thats funny because Miami actuall won last night without those players

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm a die hard F1 fan and was so stoked that Canada was eligible for F1TV PRO this year I signed up immediately. I've supported Lewis Hamilton since his McLaren days. I could get onboard with the pre-show BLM stuff but when Lewis wore the t-short about arresting the cops for murder, on global tv, I felt it was taken too far. Let the US and the authorities there sort out their own stuff. Dragging F1 into that mud, no, not for me. I get that he has a voice and wants to use his influence to open people's eyes, but I think he caused more problems for F1 and his own brand by not being more diplomatic in his message.

I'm now at the point of, I can't believe I'm saying this, quitting watching the sport. I watch for the entertainment, the thrill, action, adrenaline.... NOT political drama. FFS, if I wanted that, I'd watch CNN.
edit on 5-10-2020 by TortoiseKweek because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

This suggests the American public has had it with BLM/race baiting, to the point of abandonning viewing in FINALS. It also implies fatigue with anyone else, like Democrats, pushing this anti-American narrative.
a reply to: M5xaz

actually after the wiscoinsin stoppage there hasnt been that much activism spots before that yes every player interview got political and before every game there was political montage. but since the stoppage its pretty much been all basketball.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It's easy to comprehend. You hang out with likeminded people.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Pretty much all your links are directed towards when lockdowns were either lifted of alleviated, or have nothing to do with F1.

During formal league games it was way down because they weren't allowed to play or didn't get as much coverage.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Is the NBA hockey or baseball?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Something to do with dribbling and dunking so I think it might be cooking.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

At my age, I do more dribbling than I'd like to admit.

edit on 5-10-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's easy to comprehend. You hang out with likeminded people.

Most I’ve talked to are not people I hang with , so......yeah, your generalization is not correct. I don’t think you have a good grasp on what’s actually going on here in America, people that live here do though. We’re sick of it here regardless of what you want to believe is going on, in a country you don’t live in.
edit on 5-10-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Ah yes ... the ol'

"I talk to random people on a daily basis about political protests in sporting events".

No - one talks about that stuff. Unless the US is really as bad as you say where everyone is walking around angry at everything and yelling at people about politics and such. If so, please don't come here.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: shooterbrody

Couldn't be that Miami players Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic were injured, and with them any hope of a real challenge from Miami?
No
That couldn't be it......
Has to be the black thing right?

Even though thats funny because Miami actuall won last night without those players

You are correct
They did
My 14 yo lebron fan
"5 instead of 4"
Will see if he watches the next one

Wanna bet on the series outcome?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Ah yes ... the ol'

"I talk to random people on a daily basis about political protests in sporting events".

No - one talks about that stuff. Unless the US is really as bad as you say where everyone is walking around angry at everything and yelling at people about politics and such. If so, please don't come here.

I follow the NCAAF, I talk to others on blogs and Facebook about sports, mainly football and yes politics is a hot topic in sports now. It’s talked about apparently way more than you’re aware of.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

During formal league games it was way down because they weren't allowed to play or didn't get as much coverage.

So games that either weren't played or weren't broadcast on many stations yield lower viewer numbers than actual games broadcast on actual stations!?!? Fascinating!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

At my age, I do more dibbling than I'd like to admit.

I hope to God you forgot an 'r' in there instead of mistaking b's for d's.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join