It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mask narrative breaks down due to TDS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: panoz77

multiple cities everyday to protest and riot and not a single person gets COVID

Is that just a guess or do you know that as fact, maybe you have a link???

it seems COVID disproportionately infects Republicans in government, how odd.

No mask in a confined area could be why.

Just a couple links

So republicans are the only ones who either don't wear a mask or don't wear a mask correctly? You better just check recent events on Joe Biden or watch the videos I linked. BTW, since when are areas outside like the rose garden or an airport rally "confined spaces"? LOL, only when you have TDS I guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Have you seen this Duke Face Mask Study?

edit on 10/11/2020 by ontarff because: Correct text

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

So, like I asked, how many of those demonstrators have caught covid? Who knows?

BTW, since when are areas outside like the rose garden or an airport rally "confined spaces"? LOL, only when you have TDS I guess.

There have been lots of pictures of Trump and his staff in the White House working close without masks/social distancing.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

According to the MSM, NONE. Apparently, not even worth looking into because apparently you are immune from COVID while rioting and protesting, EXCEPT if you are a white supremacist Trump supporter.

Yeah, I see so much social distancing at riots and "protests", lol. Also, nobody yelling at the top of their lungs spreading COVID either, just quite whispers, lol

edit on 11-10-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
TDS-Afflicted media on full display today.

twitter.com...

The Scaredy Cats should move to an isolated island.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
thefederalist.com... dFxZXR6a1UWT5-xaWsLim5ImjaqrSBJCXOE

I posted this anecdotally at the beginning of the thread, but now studies starting to come out...

“ “In the 14 days before illness onset, 71% of case-patients and 74% of control participants reported always using cloth face coverings or other mask types when in public,” the report stated.

In addition, over 14 percent of the case-patients said they “often” wore a face covering and were still infected with the virus. The study also demonstrates that under 4 percent of the case-patients became sick with the virus even though they “never” wore a mask or face covering.”

So simple solution: if you don’t want to get Covid, be a hermit. Otherwise, listen to your body and manage your risk appropriately.
edit on 12-10-2020 by SuperStudChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

In tonight's NBC Town Hall, When President Trump cited the CDC study showing 85% of those infected by Covid-19 wore a mask most, or all of the time, the host babe went full TDS and called the president a liar.

All President Trump had to do was whip out a printout of Page 1261 @ www.cdc.gov... and show her the table of test results.

That would have made her look like the dumbo journalist she is, on live TV. (I don't know why he doesn't carry proof with him on subjects that the MSM is totally ignorant about.)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Please anyone that lives in fear? Wear a mask!
That way you're protected!
Those of us that don't like being trained pets can live free from your nonsense.

If you're wearing a mask? You're safe right? You can't breath on me and I can't breath on you. That's the point right?

What a bunch of odiots.

Not to mention, if you are wearing a mask you're breathing in your own co2. Which for sure will give you "symptoms".

I have no doubt this is a "illness". But nowhere near a "pandimic".

edit on 15-10-2020 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yup, I saw that. But we still have people on here that deny the fact.

Mask wearers are in 3 main categories:

Genuinely immunity-compromised (and their caretakers)— these people should not be out in public.

Fear mongers who are excited to finally be able to wear a mask and look normal

Control freaks who hate that they have to wear a mask, and will throw a hissy fit for anyone else who does not also willing subject themselves to a face diaper.
edit on 16-10-2020 by SuperStudChuck because: Added word “main”

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Think maybe you might be confused about why people wear a mask. Your opinion is highly simplistic and missing a huge chunk of the science ( like you are looking for a single magic pill ) .

ALL types of masks are designed to be worn as part of an over-lapping system to keep yourself and others safe. In fact all PPE gear is designed to be "part" of your protection combined with certain behaviour.

The more over-lapping systems the lower your risk becomes.

If anyone thought all they had to do was wear a mask for guaranteed protection they are extremely uneducated.

Note: Most of the research on these types of topics is in-house industry research. All part of R&D. Only the odd public study would be done and they are usually done by academics just trying to get a grant and get published. The studies are rubbish and only show people are ill disciplined or have no idea what they are meant to be doing overall.

Anyway..PPE + Behavior = certain % of protection. No system has ever been deemed 100%, because it is a theoretical impossibility.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Only 3 categories.

No categories for people like me who wear them on a daily basis as a mortician who often deals with dangerous pathogens.
And after 40 years I have yet to have a single infection.

As opposed to my peers in other countries who do not always have access to them, and have paid the price more than once.

And then there are those who follow viral loading theory and use the mask as a form of Inocula.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
Only 3 categories.

No categories for people like me who wear them on a daily basis as a mortician who often deals with dangerous pathogens.
And after 40 years I have yet to have a single infection.

As opposed to my peers in other countries who do not always have access to them, and have paid the price more than once.

And then there are those who follow viral loading theory and use the mask as a form of Inocula.

Did you start wearing a mask at the beginning of the pandemic? If not, I’m not taking about people who already wore masks vocationally before Covid— doctors, dentists, painters, etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

What science are you referring to? Are you refuting the fact that masks have been showing not to change the tide in cases anywhere?

I’m not talking about lab science, this worshipped holy grail. I am talking about real world observation:

Where non trained people touch their masks all the time.
Where I still see about 90% of people’s noses.
Where symptomatic sick people now go out with a mask instead of staying home.
Where athletes 2 feet or less away from each other are getting Covid as often or even less often as coaches on sidelines wearing masks (see Nick Saban, an avid mask proponent who got it while his team who doesn’t wear masks in games, hasn’t as of yet).

There is no real world science showing they work. 85% of cases are from people who wear masks all or most of the time. Based on my observations, that’s no more than half the people. So if 85% of cases are coming from the mask wearers. And mask wearers are 50% of people... tell me how your science is working in the real world.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
First time I started wearing one in crowded places in public.

edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The southern hemisphere had a very mild flu season. They're now transitioning from Winter to Spring. The mildness is attributed to people following Covid-19 prevention guidelines.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

If you feel safer, food for you. My doctor told me months ago that masks will ruin immunity and advised not wearing them. This was long before any of the recent CDC data.

But why trust him... he hasn’t given me any prescription meds... ever. You get crazy info when you talk to doctors not paid off by big pharma. Like advice that keeps you healthy instead of treating you when sick.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
We are not designed to block airways....the airways are part of the design which also help body dispose part of the microbes out when we breath. And we we start blocking it....

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well first off your 85% figure is a LIE. Which right off the bat shows me you are unethical and are prepared to say anything to back up your point of view.

How do I know this ?

Because GLOBALLY ( because it is a global Pandemic correct ) my peers share information trying to find patterns so some predictions of increased workloads can be made. Because for is it not just some debate on the internet, C19 mortuary work is insanely hard. This virus decimates bodies unlike other pathogens we see.

We have to pre-order way more stock than usual to deal not just with the numbers , but the amount of chemicals and other products needed to make each case viewable or to keep until this is all over ( we have lots in storage 6 months now ).

To date all the countries with the highest death rates of infection had a huge delay between mask use and the virus arriving. It took a huge amount of hospitalizations and deaths before people took it seriously. THEN they put masks on.

So I have no idea what you are talking about. But it is complete BS.

As far as mask use not helping. That is 100% the fault of authorities AND those " instant expert" morons running around telling people not to bother even looking into it.

Where I am we started teaching people about mask use BEFORE Covid 19 hit us. So the required time in-house studies for these products have shown is about the usual time it takes for non-training individuals to acclimatize to wearing one. And stop making mistakes or playing with them.

As I said, this is not a new science. Many industries and even the public in some countries are well educated on HOW to use PPE gear like masks properly in a disciplined manner.

I would bet you are one of those instant internet experts who had zero interest in the subjects of Pathogens, Pandemics, PPE gear etc.... until about March this year. But now you are an expert.

And I would also bet you already had an opinion on these subject right from the start, and now spend a considerable amount of time looking for anything to back up your "opinion" . And if you can not find something, you just make it up.

PATHETIC and TRANSPARENT. And the opposite of a critical thinker.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

ALL types of masks are designed to be worn as part of an over-lapping system to keep yourself and others safe. In fact all PPE gear is designed to be "part" of your protection combined with certain behaviour.

I don't think anyone is against doctors, morticians, and other medical professionals wearing masks as a part of the overall PPE for their job. That's not what is at debate here.

Is your face mask medical grade? Is it fitted? Do you keep your hands off it during examinations where pathogens may be present? Do you change masks regularly? If you can answer yes to those questions, you are likely close to laboratory results because your real life experiences mirror test conditions. In the rest of society, the masks are often not medical grade (a simple bandana is sufficient here), they are not fitted because the average person does not know how to wear them properly, people constantly adjust their masks during their use, and most are not even disposable... and most of the disposable masks are re-used several times.

As I stated earlier in this thread, take 100 infected people all removing those masks in the same location, and what does your medical training tell you will happen? There is a cloud of virus particles outside the door of probably every store, and the only way to get into the store is to walk through it. Most people are not wearing masks when that happens. Now, consider your training and knowledge of airborne pathogens, that same knowledge and training that has kept you infection-free for so long. What is your professional prognosis, all personal feelings aside?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Again a fake argument. I could wipe any part of your body and get a similar result.

All masks are meant to be cleaned or changed often.

Your post only proves you know nothing about the most basic PPE protocols.

a reply to: Kenzo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join