It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mask narrative breaks down due to TDS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
We have been programmed to assume anyone can be a carrier and spreader of Covid, even if asymptomatic. My mask protects you, your mask protects me. Suddenly today, when a known person with Covid (President Trump) goes out with a mask, he is putting everyone at risk.

I assume a random person has Covid.
I assume their mask protects me.
I know a person has Covid.
I assume their mask doesn’t protect me?

How does this work? If anyone could have it at any time, why do you feel less safe when someone who has Covid is around?

The media has betrayed their mask talking points today for the hoax that it is.

It is not your responsibility to protect my health.

Similarly, NFL players need no mask when inches away from each other’s faces, but coaches on the sidelines, often outside, and much further apart than the players, are required to wear them. All players and coaches are tested negative, but we are told they cannot trust the tests (that’s another post), so they must wear masks anyway.

Thom Tillis wore a mask with the Trump party and still caught Covid, so they are right about one thing: your mask does not protect you.

Here is stats regarding Mask use and cases.

rationalground.com...

You will see no pattern of cases going down when mask use is mandated.

Trump knew that him going out with a mask would put the press in a bind:

If masks worked there would be no issues with him going out

If there are issues with a person who actually has Covid going out with a mask on, you should be just as concerned that the random people you interact at Walmart, whom you are to assume have Covid, would spread it to you.

Masks are dead. Thank you MSM for killing them today.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hope Hicks was/is an avid mask wearer. President Trump said last Thursday, he was startled to learn that she had contracted Covid-19, for that very reason.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Hope Hicks was/is an avid mask wearer. President Trump said last Thursday, he was startled to learn that she had contracted Covid-19, for that very reason.

This purely anecdotal, but the large percentage of people I know of who have contracted Covid are mask-wearers.

I only know of one family of non mask wearers who contracted Covid and they all recovered fully within a week, describing it as a bad cold.

They, however were pre-building their immunity and ready to treat with Zinc and other treatments on hand.
edit on 5-10-2020 by SuperStudChuck because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Regarding the President going outside the hospital Sunday afternoon, I don't know about the Television media, but many news websites screamed about the President endangering people. But they didn't show a photo of him from Sunday, with the mask on.

Instead, they posted a photo from some past date, of President Trump waving...but it was cropped and zoomed, so you couldn't see what he was waving at.

MSM = Enemy of the People.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

And so far, much to many of the liberals disappointment, seems to be handling covid like he does everything else, crushing it like he has done in all things in life! But yeah you hit it dead on the head, the mask narrative is done for and I've been saying it all along. Its almost a curse to have this much common sense I've been going crazy for months, using basic knowledge learned in health class as well as basic math skills (Numbers Don't Lie) learned in junior high school to overcome this pandemic. Amazing what happens when you pay attention when you read

p.s. very important to note in my thread I had a small rounding error in the initial post showing 0.004%, when the actual number .04% which is 4% of 1% or in other words a really fricken small number!

S&F of course

edit on 5-10-2020 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I noticed they have backed off the “Hope Hicks was the spreader” narrative in msm, likely for that very reason. If the spreader was a mask wearer...

In fact, with the shear number of masks I see on the ground, and the nice incubatory environment of the mask, I would imaging mask-wearers are spreading it more than if the scared people just stayed home...

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Can we please not stop here? My dong likes the fresh air and my missus agrees my willy should be a free willy.

So stop the fascism and let everyone decide if they want to wear clothes or not in public. Don't like the view? Just stay at home.

It's taking away my freedoms that I am forced all my life to wear clothes in public. Don't like to see the tools that actually were used by your parents to make you? Just stay in your safe space please.

I actually don't care about being naked or not. I just find it hilarious that the societal indoctrination that we 'have' to wear clothes as that is "common sense", but as soon as we need to hide our ugly faces it's a 'muh freedumb' issue and we are being indoctrinated by the MSM. And please don't start talking about bacteria because I'm sure a well aired willy or ass is much more healthy then one packed in cotton.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Where did I mention freedom in my post?

If you want to make an argument for a clothes-less society, I’m sure it would get traction. Care to actually counter anything I said in the OP?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is claiming that masks eliminate risk. Only that they reduce risk. So going out with a mask still presents a slight increase in risk, compared with staying in. It's just a matter of degree.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Mask INCREASE the risk of respiratory system infections. So the Winter is coming and many people walk out there with mask, and so they are getting more easely sick.

If i would be dictator , i would ban mask use .

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I don't think anyone is claiming that masks eliminate risk. Only that they reduce risk. So going out with a mask still presents a slight increase in risk, compared with staying in. It's just a matter of degree.

They stats in OP disprove that claim that masks reduce risk. Covid will run its course with or without masks. Masks have not changed the trajectory at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What if the mask given to the president was previously and intentionally infected.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
There are communities dedicated to living naked. In almost every state. People have the right to choose if they would like to live or even just visit these communities. Where is the case for choice when it comes to these masks that do not protect you from the primary spreading vectors which are foamites?

An illness that shares nearly all the same symptoms as any normal annual coronavirus cold as well as its over 99% survival rate.
The real shame is how easily humanity has surrendered its critical thinking in favor of emotional charged sensationalism and dramatacism.
edit on 10-5-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just replying here to make sure I can find this thread again, then I'm off to sleep (I hope). In the interim, though, I would like to add a couple of points... nip them in the bud, so to speak.

Firstly, the narrative that requires masks seems to focus around the idea that surgeons use masks while operating. That's an apples to cranberries comparison. A surgeon does use a face mask (along with other PPE) when operating, and it is there to protect the patient, not the surgeon. That much is accurate. However, the patient requires extensive protection from infection because the patient's innards are exposed to the air in the operating room. There is no immune response from an infection that is allowed to set up inside a person's body. Immunity is concentrated in the respiratory tract, ear canal, and digestive tract... in other words, areas which are subject to infection. In the heart? Not so much. So infection control is absolutely necessary.

So necessary in fact, that a mask is only a small part of the PPE used. Everyone in the operating room wears a mask, a hair covering, a gown, and sterilized latex gloves. Surgeons are trained to not touch their face during surgery. Even the patient is shaved and painted down with Betadine to kill infection on the skin. All utensils are sterilized. In short, every avenue that infection can reasonably use to enter the environment is considered, not just face masks.

All medical personnel also are trained on the proper use of a face mask. They must be fitted to the wearer to minimize air escaping from any imperfections in the fit. They are also specially designed and tested to filter out certain sized particles. A mask will not filter particles smaller than its weave, and cloth masks, which make up the majority of masks being worn in public, have a very wide weave.

Now, some will claim that the mask is not to filter actual virus particles, but rather to capture water droplets that carry the virus. That they will do, but all virus particles emitted from a person's respiratory tract are not in water droplets. In an infected person, virus particles are scattered across the respiratory passages. The simple process of breathing in and out will cause a virus particle to potentially be dislodged from the respiratory tract and carried out of the body. A mask, especially a cloth mask, will not filter these particles. If a person coughs or sneezes, the majority of virus particles are then carried on the surface of liquid droplets which a mask can capture, but it requires a much more forceful exhale to dislodge a liquid droplet than to dislodge individual virus particles. Therefore, a person speaking or simply breathing through a mask is of no real protection to anyone around them; a person coughing into a mask does help stop the expulsion of virus particles.

Secondly, the masks are likely increasing viral spread. The very purpose of a cough or sneeze is to remove virus particles from the body. If a virus is floating around outside the body, it is not infecting the body. A cough clears some viral particles from the lower respiratory tract, while a sneeze mainly clears the upper respiratory tract.

But, one might say, the particles are still outside the body; they are just in the face mask instead of someone else's lungs. That may be true, but they are also still viable living on water droplets. Every breath one takes after a cough or sneeze into a face mask pulls those same virus particles back into the body, thereby increasing one's viral load and increasing the chance that the symptoms will be more severe. Since the breath is already pretty much saturated air, there is less chance of the droplets evaporating, drying out the virus, and killing it wherever it lands.

Has anyone noticed how people with masks on tend to yank them down quickly as soon as they can? Yes, they do, because masks are uncomfortable. Unlike a surgeon who might wear a mask for a few hours a couple times a day while operating, people are trying to wear masks all day long. So whenever they get a chance to let it down, they do. And that is when all that concentrated viral material is exposed to the air. Suddenly every virus particle in every cough, throat clearing, sneeze, or hard breath is released into the atmosphere. It does not follow the person releasing it; it floats along in the air in a trail behind them that could be yards long. Anyone walking into that trail is exposed to not just a normal viral load from contact, but to a concentrated load. If the person has been wearing a mask for an hour, the viral load cold be identical to standing in front of them maskless for 40 minutes! And that's without ever coming within six feet of them.

Now consider that most masks in public are not fitted and leak quite profusely around the edges. That kills the whole idea of wearing a mask, as viral particles will simply float out around the mask instead of being filtered, including viral particles already on the inner mask surface.

So we have, thanks to the masks, people unable to rid their body of the viral load, concentrated areas of virus particles wherever an infected person has walked, and all these virus particles able to exist for longer times due to the saturation of the air. Every mask you see is a personal petri dish.

Include the number of times someone will typically tug at that mask due to the discomfort and you have a veritable soup of infection anywhere masks are used. A better solution is to skip the mask and train oneself to cough in their hand or elbow, then to wash their hand with soap and water. I know hand sanitizers are fun and vogue and all, but they don't do nearly as much good as simple soap and water. Take a little care when approached if you're felling less than well. It used to be commonplace to walk up to someone and have them hold up one hand and say, "Stay back a little; I've got a bug." These methods work and have worked for generations... and they won't make you sicker.

Finally, if one is elderly or otherwise high-risk, there is no problem with asking others to wear a mask around them. That becomes a reasonable precaution, since the Kung Flu can be deadly. Someone who is at very high risk also should not be out on the town. Most will already have caretakers to help them, so do the shopping for them. There are also grocery delivery services in most larger towns and even here one can get curbside pickup. Use these services to prevent unduly exposing yourself if you are at high risk.

We'll likely have a vaccine soon and you can get back to a social life... in the meantime, the rest of us need to move on and get things done. Without a face mask.

Great thread OP!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

You know, be careful what you ask for. Redneck likes being naked, but it also tends to make others scream and run in circles from sudden induced blindness.

I wear clothes for your benefit.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good stuff.

If you are high risk, wear a mask and stay away from crowds, and especially stores.

If you work or live with high risk, it may pay to be extra vigilant and wear a mask more.

In those cases, you love by doing so.

If you are a healthy 25-year old, trust that immune system and roll with life. Or wear a mask, I don’t care. But just know it will have no significant impact on not contracting the virus.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The ironic thing is, many or most high risk individuals with pre-existing coditions were already taking these actions because they knew catching a cold or flu before could be lethal to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You know, be careful what you ask for. Redneck likes being naked, but it also tends to make others scream and run in circles from sudden induced blindness.

I wear clothes for your benefit.

TheRedneck

Heh. I think that would be a funny and one of the best endings of 2020. Dumbasses and Rednecks unite to change the world by blinding everyone by their appearance. Everyone would say "and now we have literally seen it all".

I'm simply mind boggled. Even if people disprove the theme and/or the concept presented by the MSM of mask they are still being conditioned to even be busy with masks. What will it be next year? Red is bad? See the rebels being busy saying red is good all of 2021 while totally missing the point that they are conditioned to think about red anyway.

It feels like I'm completely outside of it. TPTB throws some problems at the sheep and chickens and they are all making noise of pro and cons. If it wasn't real life it would be quite hilarious. (to: TPTB you can always DM me if you run out of ideas. I have some food cliffhangers)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Cloth and Surgical masks do not protect you from getting or spreading convid-19 or other viruses. It's impossible for them to protect/prevent you from spreading a virus, due to poor sealing around the mouth/nose and poor filtration they offer.
The average person keeps touching their face when wearing a mask. They will pull the mask down/up through out the day. People buy designer masks and use them over and over without washing and letting them air dry.

Social distancing and washing your hands is the best way to avoid covid-19.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Great OP, and spot on! S&F!

The whole mask narrative is being driven by politics, not the Chi-COM flu.

Prior to Trump emergence from Walter Reed the mask narrative was being driven by the MSM forcing the assumption that "everyone" has the virus, and masks are the only way to stop it from spreading. And, prior to Trump leaving the hospital, the MSM and liberal left made it a certainty (in everyone's mind) that in any large gathering of people at least a few definitely had the virus.

Now, when one single person (Trump in this case) definitely does have the Kung Fu Flu masks are completely useless and he is at fault for infecting all of humanity!

The hypocrisy is not only striking, but sadly...expected.

That is all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join