It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will you feel safe again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Just a question for anyone who thinks the world's current response to Covid is reasonable and effective,

At what point will you feel you are now sufficiently safe enough from untimely death that life can go on again?

I understand, every measure taken is because everyone is scared of dying in an untimely fashion from covid, so i ask

What will it take before you are no longer so scared of dying that you will live life again?

Does everyone the world, or a large percentage of people need to be vaccinated agains this particular disease? If enough people contract it will it be enough? What about if some company develops some drug you'd need to take for the rest of your life to protect you? If this existed would you feel safe enough from that particular cause of death to continue living life?

What would it take, for any of you, so terrified of dying or long term effects of this illness, to finally make you unafraid enough to just live normally?

Or are you one of those people that truly believes in the 'new normal'? That there's no going back we must all live forevermore in fear of covid?[
edit on 4/10/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Once the election is over, Biden will wave his hand in the air clearing all virus particles useless. Then we are safe.

Until then, walking outside is basically a death sentence for you and your family.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Why do you not feel safe now? A few months ago I had an RN (old friend from school) invite the family over for a BBQ. Granted my wife said no, so it's been postponed.
But medical professionals are interested in having social interactions, and play dates for kids.

It's a shame people are afraid to live.
There is risk every day regardless of what is going on.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Me? I haven't given a # since the beginning of this. I just really want to know from people who genuinely think all this # was a good idea

When will they stop being so scared of this particular cause of untimely death that the world can just get on with #?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Just a question for anyone who thinks the world's current response to Covid is reasonable and effective,

At what point will you feel you are now sufficiently safe enough from untimely death that life can go on again?

I feel safe regarding the Chinese flu. I have always felt safe regarding the Chinese flue. I have not, at any point, felt unsafe from the Chinese flu any more than I feel unsafe regarding the myriad other threats that surround me every day in this world.

What I have felt unsafe about is an over-reaching government that thinks it can strip away my rights and make me live the way they want.

I feel unsafe confronting a government that uses an alleged "pandemic" to strip away my constitutional right to peaceful assembly, freedom of thought, freedom of self-expression and and freedom of self-determination over my own body.

I feel unsafe confronting a government that uses an alleged "pandemic" to deny me the right to work and to destroy the economy and my ability to care for my family.

I feel unsafe confronting a government that uses an alleged "pandemic" to control my movements and my lifestyle.

I do not fear death. I will die. You will die. Death is the great equalizer. I simply want to be prepared to meet the one who gave me life and who will eventually take away the life on this planet and in this body that he gave me for a time. I fear him with a holy reverence. I do not fear the Chinese virus or death.

How's that?
:
edit on 2020 10 04 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Never

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Never felt unsafe about it vOv

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I live in New Zealand.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

world's current response to Covid is reasonable and effective,

You call destroying economies normal?

I feel safe going about my life as usual. No masks have to be worn in Western Australia

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

Until then, walking outside is basically a death sentence for you and your family.

This is an international site but a thread ant go by without US politics.

Don't look in the mirror if the outside scares you. Who knows what evil will stare back at you in the mirror?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'll feel pretty safe once I am vaccinated. to the others who forego vaccinations, well, thats their issue, not mine.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I've felt safe after the first few weeks when the supposed massive death toll didn't happen. That there aught to have rung alarm bells, but it was too late.
The answer, in disagreement with incoserv, has not been primarily governments it's that governments have handed power, to make or break countries, to supposed health professionals. They are the ones dictating these draconian rules and the governments are scared to argue and in consequence ignore the health professionals who disagree.
The problem now is to wrest that power from these unelected Quacks. Yes, the virus is real but even the ordinary man in the street can see there is a massive con going on.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You’re not very good at detecting sarcasm are you?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

So you consider destruction of economies normal as well?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The only things keeping me from feeling safe right now are:
1. Political insurgents (BLM/Antifa "protesters") in the streets creating mayhem and shutting down public access.
2. Obsessive mask wearing in public & private spaces - and the looney tunes adherents thereto.
3. Economic shutdown & its' effect on my long term care investments.

I am in 3 high risk groups for COVID/china flu/corona virus and that doesn't bother me in the least as a safety factor.

ganjoa
edit on 2020-10-4 by ganjoa because: sepeling

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I never felt unsafe
even from the beginning, the numbers were not adding up

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Flatten the curve, wait 2 weeks, wait 2 more weeks, wait...sheeesh. Now it's cases making the news because deaths have plummeted. This is the biggest con ever run by greedy pharmaceutical companies and corrupt officials ever seen.

I was around someone who had a fever of 103 degrees F. I watched his 2 children while he went to the hospital to get his 15 minute Covid test as dictated by his place of employment. 2 hours later he returned. they called him as he was walking in the door and said he had to return and redo it as it came back "invalid". So back in he goes. I continue watching his children. He returns and is diagnosed as "positive" Immediately he is placed into 2 weeks quarantine. His employer (a small tool shop) says that he doesn't get paid for the entire time frame and he must file for unemployment and hope he is approved. They also do not pay for the tests. He lived and has since returned to work.

I have always been a fierce opponent of this scandemic, but erring on the side of caution, I also contacted my employer and informed them that I was around someone who tested positive for Covid. I work with several people between the age of 60-83 years old for a LARGE corporation and felt compelled to despite my beliefs on the matter. I was told that I must be tested or I can not come back to work. So I took a test that I do not believe in and now hope my insurance covers the cost. I had to wait for 3 days for the results to come back. The lab results stated I was negative, but with a cautionary liability paragraph which stated that this test is not FDA approved and it may very well be a "false" negative. I have no idea how my wages will be paid for time lost from work that I never requested.

If you follow this to it's logical conclusion, everyone who was around a person who required testing should also be tested. If not, then you have allowed 2-3 days elapse while awaiting results and spreading the virus to even more people. All employees and customers would be at risk. I find it funny how small businesses are shut down entirely when someone tests positive, but I never really hear about any large corporations shutting down Lowes, Home depot, Walmart, etc...

Apparently does not happen. Essential workers at certain major corporations are allowed to remain open and intermingling with huge volumes of customers are exposed to the at risk public moreso than anywhere else. I guess essential workers are a special breed. We are impervious to this virus. God forbid a large corporation should shut down and lose huge profits for 2 weeks along with the bad public relations associated with it. Too big to fail sound familiar?

Scared of what exactly?
There is no pandemic. There never was. Anyone swallowing this drivel still 7 months later needs their head examined. One day folks are gonna wake up and realized just how bad they have been played.
edit on 4-10-2020 by Frodolives because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Safety is like freedom.

Illusory at best.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

People who fear this have legitimate immune issues or they are selfish godless heathens who have no regard for the free will of man-kind.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Freewill another illusion or at least severely misunderstood with regards to the Human condition. LoL

Chances are at the macro scale we exist, and just like the rest of the universe, cause and effect is the colour of our day.
edit on 4-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join