It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Beliefs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33LBy the way that claim they made about the airballon being a monitering system on the reds(Soviets)is honestly the worse excuse i ever knew the US government could have come up with at that time.Why would a the US put a monitering system to spy on the soviets when its all the way in NewMexico???like 3000miles away from the eastern tip.If it was in Alaska it would of made sense,but in New Mexico?Unless they had developed real sensitive lenses back in that time im sure that is not true.

It was an experiment. They were testing something unknown.

As far as it being a credilble excuse for whatever happened at Roswell, I doubt it, but it certainly was a real experiment that has been documented.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Was Mogul a real experiment? YES
Would it have been classified at the level of the Atomic Bomb? NO
When was it so classified? AFTER THE CRASH
Had other Mogul balloons been allowed to simply land on private property? YES
Were those recoveries done with the same care of secrecy? NO
Were dummies involved with Mogul? NO
Where did the dummies explanation come from? PROJECT HIGH DIVE, IN THE EARLY 50'S.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I believe in aliens and UFO's and I do believe the government is hiding something. It only makes sense considering how many cases there of people being forced to not reveal anything about places like area 51 or they get death threats from the government.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I beleive they are here and interacting with the goverment. Just 100 years ago we were riding in horse drawn carriages. Every year technology get more advances and eveything is getting smaller and more compact. We had help gaining such a leap in knowlege in technology.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypseyWing
Can anyone ponder the thought of humans allied with E.T.'s?

Well, when you factor in the "national security" fetish, with its implied reasoning of "we know what's best for you, even if you don't, little foolish ones" I think it's entirely viable as a possibility. Is it happening? I don't know and wouldn't even venture to theorize without considering some kind of evidence. But let me put it this way: say that at some point we DID recover a craft with a living occupant or two, and they offered to provide some kind of information and/or technology in exchange for certain privileges (like, for example, "borrowing" so many citizens per year and returning them after testing). I think there are some characters who would happily have made such a deal.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Would someone be kind enough to answer this:

Why are the ET's not just walking around or flying around or whatever they do around?

Why would they want to remain a secret here?
What do they care/have to gain from that?

Rumor has it, there have been human/alien encounters (Dulce Base, etc..) I just am still looking for a genuine answer on why they are underground and/or not visible to the everyday Joe.

Because if I were one of 'em, I'd scare little kids at night

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I suppose that depends on their intentions. A scout on reconnaissance duty takes pains to be unnoticed, does he not? I'm not even saying I'm certain that "they" are here, but if they were, there are any number of reasons why they may not want the average Joe spotting them.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher_Don
I suppose that depends on their intentions. A scout on reconnaissance duty takes pains to be unnoticed, does he not? I'm not even saying I'm certain that "they" are here, but if they were, there are any number of reasons why they may not want the average Joe spotting them.

Good point. Yet, I still don't understand why a select amount of humans have had contact with them and both parties don't want the "secret" out.

I would think i'd be safe in assuming that the ET's here on earth are in somw way allied with the humans that know of them/communicate with them, so whats the deal? Any thoughts, I'm just curious and can't think of any reasons of why both remain silent unless there is a massive plan or whatnot??? blah.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I beleive they are here and interacting with the goverment. Just 100 years ago we were riding in horse drawn carriages. Every year technology get more advances and eveything is getting smaller and more compact. We had help gaining such a leap in knowlege in technology.

Believe it or not, this is one of the points that really makes me a believer. Within about 65 years mankind went from riding horses everywhere as transportation, to being in space and walking on the moon! (assuming that went how "they" said it did.)

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I think almost all accounts recovered with hypnosis are false.

I do not believe "gray" aliens are predominant. I have read a lot of material over the years, and there have been all sorts of aliens described in reports. I'm amazed at how narrowly focused on grays people have become. In fact I suspect their recent predominance is merely a popularly selected image that has become an entrenched stereotype.

And shapeshifting reptilians posing as our leaders? Please.

I do not think an advanced race came before us on this planet. If one were to have, I would expect there to be a far greater evidence of that. Not necessarily ruins, but perhaps a greater depletion of natural resources for example.

I do not think humanity has an extraterrestrial origin nor do I think we share any ancestry with any alien race. Evolution and evidence garnered from genetics do a better job of explaining our origins. If there has been any meddling with our race, it's been restricted to our native genetic code base, so to speak. And I really don't think there has been.

I do not believe any alien tech has contributed to our rapid advancement in the past few centuries. In fact, as someone employed in high technology, I feel insulted when I read that opinion. It isn't alien technology if you don't understand it people. You just need to read more books and watch less TV.

Please don't take offense, but I think a lot of people are unconsciously self-centered and have a need for themselves to matter. The alien apocolypse is always around the corner because it only matters if it happens in our lifetime, and of course it matters, so it must be soon. Similarly, humanity must be an alien experiment, or aliens must be invading our planet, because humanity matters. It has to matter, right? We're somehow important aren't we?

No more important than our imagination is making us, in my opinion.

All that said, I do believe there is life elsewhere, possibly visiting us. I'm not very confident in humanity, so I hope that belief is right, and I hope they're doing better than us.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I believe roswell was real
I believe we're being visitied by alien beings.

I don't know how many different beings there are, as i've only really seen stories of one paticular type (Greys)

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by uca6usev2FeDREmU
I think almost all accounts recovered with hypnosis are false.

I do not believe "gray" aliens are predominant. I have read a lot of material over the years, and there have been all sorts of aliens described in reports. I'm amazed at how narrowly focused on grays people have become. In fact I suspect their recent predominance is merely a popularly selected image that has become an entrenched stereotype.

And shapeshifting reptilians posing as our leaders? Please.

I do not think an advanced race came before us on this planet. If one were to have, I would expect there to be a far greater evidence of that. Not necessarily ruins, but perhaps a greater depletion of natural resources for example.

I do not think humanity has an extraterrestrial origin nor do I think we share any ancestry with any alien race. Evolution and evidence garnered from genetics do a better job of explaining our origins. If there has been any meddling with our race, it's been restricted to our native genetic code base, so to speak. And I really don't think there has been.

I do not believe any alien tech has contributed to our rapid advancement in the past few centuries. In fact, as someone employed in high technology, I feel insulted when I read that opinion. It isn't alien technology if you don't understand it people. You just need to read more books and watch less TV.

Please don't take offense, but I think a lot of people are unconsciously self-centered and have a need for themselves to matter. The alien apocolypse is always around the corner because it only matters if it happens in our lifetime, and of course it matters, so it must be soon. Similarly, humanity must be an alien experiment, or aliens must be invading our planet, because humanity matters. It has to matter, right? We're somehow important aren't we?

No more important than our imagination is making us, in my opinion.

All that said, I do believe there is life elsewhere, possibly visiting us. I'm not very confident in humanity, so I hope that belief is right, and I hope they're doing better than us.

wow, very nicely put. Sorta where i was trying to go w/ the how are we, as humans, so important to a race *if in existance* that can travel through space via UFO's. or something like that

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join