It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utopia on Amazon Prime - released 9/25

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Just finished watching the new Amazon Prime series Utopia. Wow! Good sci-fi and conspiracy flick.

Didn’t see the original back in 2013 but the timing of the 2020 version is impeccable...considering the current Pandemic.

Moving this up to top post:

As I was watching I kept thinking about how fans of “The Simpsons” often claim that the cartoon series predicted real world events. Trump as president, collapse of the towers on 9/11, etc... The episode “Marge in Charge” had a virus from Japan (not China) that spread in the USA, killer bees (not murder hornets but close), USA statues being toppled and rioting in USA cities (all in one episode).

edit on 2-10-2020 by Buvvy because: More info in title

edit on 2-10-2020 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is it worth watching?

The problem with a ‘utopia’ is that everyone has their own idea of what it should be. It is never for all the people...only the ones who created it.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Had this come out twenty or thirty years ago the term '' dark paranoid fantasy'' could have aptly described this series.

Now however,,,,,,,,

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Right now it hits a little to close to home. I think it is worth watching...last episode was very worthwhile. Don’t want to post any spoilers so I can’t say to much more.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

edit on 2-10-2020 by Buvvy because: More info

edit on 2-10-2020 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If you enjoy sci-fi and conspiracy movies...you would probably enjoy it. a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Correction The Simpsons episode with killer bees, a toppled statue, flu pandemic and riots was titled “Marge in Chains”.

a reply to: Buvvy

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I just finished this also. I thought it was good! Pretty dark, but worth watching.

new topics

top topics

join