It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Find Monster Black Hole With 6 Galaxies Trapped in Its Gravitational Web

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Astronomers at the European Southern Observatory have discovered a symbiotic relationship between a monster (1 billion times the mass of our Sun) Black Hole and six Galaxies both feeding and suckling from the Black Hole's web , this relationship formed about 1 Billion years after the Big Bang.

"The cosmic web filaments are like spider's web threads," said Marco Mignoli, an astronomer at the National Institute for Astrophysics (INAF) in Bologna who led the research, which was published in the journal Astronomy & Astrophysics.

"The galaxies stand and grow where the filaments cross, and streams of gas - available to fuel both the galaxies and the central supermassive black hole - can flow along the filaments."

Mignoli said that until now there had been "no good explanation" for the existence of such huge early black holes.

The structure is believed to be 300 times the size of the Milky Way and it's possible there may be other Galaxies trapped in the web undetected because the Galaxies we see are at the brightness limit we can currently detect.

But it said the galaxies are also some of the faintest that current telescopes can spot, adding the discovery was only possible using the largest optical telescopes available, including ESO's Very Large Telescope in Chile's Atacama Desert.

"We believe we have just seen the tip of the iceberg, and that the few galaxies discovered so far around this supermassive black hole are only the brightest ones," said co-author Barbara Balmaverde, an astronomer at INAF in Torino, Italy.
www.sciencealert.com...

edit on 2-10-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This stuff just fascinates the hell out of me, the size alone is impossible to fathom. Then throw in it's eating galaxies, and what of black holes do they compress down to singularity infinitely or does it expand and spit things out on the other end. Like a cosmic recycler.
edit on 2-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
This stuff just fascinates the hell out of me, the size alone is impossible to fathom. Then throw in it's eating galaxies, and what of black holes do they compress down to singularity infinitely or does it expand and spit things out on the other end. Like a cosmic recycler.

There is always a yin to yang.

I believe suns get there fuel from black holes...they are the light holes.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
if this structure was formed 1BY after big-bang... then any collapse of Galaxies would have long ago generated Gravity Waves in the fabric of time-space

glad we ain't getting space-quaked

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Fascinating unimaginably fascinating. I wonder since they are so close to the black hole and time would be extremely slowed down. Does that mean a day here is 10 minutes there? Or something like that. Imagine what you could accomplish if you lived 100 times longer.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: putnam6

There is always a yin to yang.

I believe suns get there fuel from black holes...they are the light holes.

Interesting concept wonder whats happening on the other end when a star goes supernova or what is going on during all of its stages. Does a brown dwarf have a collapsing black hole for instance.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

In your localized area you wouldn't notice the difference in time passing.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I know I'm talking in terms of having people here and there. Imagine someone like einstein being sent there to ponder for an eternity here. Or Tesla or that Indian mathematician I am unsure of his name at the moment. If we were able to send our best and brightest to live for 100 of our lifetimes what would be the outcome?

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

There is no "other end" there's a center. It's like a marble sucking everything in from everywhere down towards a center. Think how gravity works on the Earth.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

Well, the eternity would be felt by you and I, but not by them. They'd age normally. Unfortunately, from their perspective we'd have long ago turned to dust. Time dilation has some neat benefits for a traveler at light speed but not if he ever wants to return home.

We'd never benefit from whatever they had discovered while in a time dilation field (gravity) from a supermassive black hole this...Well... massive.

On another note:

I read a book not too long ago explaining the light cone from the point of view of an observer just inside the event horizon of the black hole. I can't remember which one it was.

They argued that what you would see if you turn to look out of the black hole would be a fast forward movie of the evolution and eventual death of the universe.

The time dilation effects in and around black holes are insane. Hawking radiation is believed to be particle/antiparticle pairs being separated rather than annihilating around the black hole. Essentially evaporating the blackhole over trillions of years through black body radiation. It's that massive gravitational field and the effects of time on these particles that causes them to separate from each other. What ends up happening is that the blackhole's mass is reduced through negative energy. Eventually enough mass is reduced and all that built up energy radiates out in a single burst, destroying the black hole and possibly deleting all of the information contained in the blackholes mass forever.

Gravity and time dilation are bitches.

edit on 10 2 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coagula
a reply to: putnam6

There is no "other end" there's a center. It's like a marble sucking everything in from everywhere down towards a center. Think how gravity works on the Earth.

Go to brane theory a moment, gravity is the weakest force with electromagnetism being literally millions of times more powerful and this spurred some theorists on to suggest that maybe gravity comes from another membrane in super space in peripheral contact with or partially forming our universe in it's collision with other membranes.

In simple term's mass may LENSE gravity but it is not it's source, if we go to superstring theory everything even empty space and the most dense matter is made up of the same exact stuff.

So what is this relationship with gravity, maybe gravity is actually everywhere, at a one to one ratio with the universe and time/energy is from another membrane in super space, the collision between these two brains and a possible third or more may be what we perceive as our universe or rather it's laws which themselves may be rather more fluid than we may assume though long lasting from our perspective giving us the false impression of them being fixed and immutable.

This material everything is made of may be a membrane verse in super space which is between a collision between the brane were gravity originates and the brain were time/energy originates.

Think of it in terms of volume, if you push more of this brain that is in contact with the brane were gravity comes from but not necessarily in direct contact with the brane from which time/energy comes then you have a rule that says more of this in a space would focus more gravity in that space allowing it to then be more strongly represented in less volume of space as we perceive our three (and more) dimensions of reality.

Imagine a supermassive star collapsing, if mass lenses gravity then somewhere within that mass of the star there must be a LaGrange point were the gravity of the surrounding mass cancel's out, it maybe a tiny uncertain subatomic point held under huge pressure but still as the star collapses into a black hole that gravity PULL's on this point in all directions, perhaps even more forcefully than it does on the surrounding space, the black hole also forms an internal event horizon around this LaGrange point and yet it still pull's, the smaller this point is the more fierce those forces will be and in fact it may INVERT that part of our universe ripping time and energy into it, this is a WHITE hole within the black hole and it forms it's own time space continuum, rules are the same as the parent time space continuum but time relative to the parent continuum outside the black hole is much - much faster.

Ever wonder why galaxy's are not slowing down but speeding up, they are being attracted by the surrounding gravity and our time space continuum is surrounded by an event horizon, a black hole shell and another event horizon and another time space continuum with slower time that itself may be inside another black hole.

Also it is a reciprocal event, a white hole forces out material that initially exceeds the speed of light, this in turn may back up on itself and create a black hole around it creating an onion skin affect no different to the above model, time space continuum, black hole, time space continuum, black hole the difference being that the black hole is then the result of the white hole but it had to begin with a black hole in a time space continuum with our own laws were time is now much, much slower BUT as our time space continuum ages it slows relative to the surrounding TSC time rate and at the moment of total quantum evaporation equals it.

Why then search for dark energy, well everyone has to eat but there is also some astounding discovery's to be made in the search.

Think about that the universe just became a whole lot bigger, infinitely so perhaps and also a whole lot smaller at the same time.

Somewhere out there there may be a large black hole surrounding the white hole that was the Big Bang, this may even be it.

Though that Lagrange point may have moved around quite a bit during the surrounding black holes formation and there could even be several white holes formed and several time space continuum's within that tiny space that may some day merge long before entropic spaghettification does paid to our universe.
OR this is just reciprocal thinking and a pile of utter rubbish.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
nineplanets.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Note I doubt a Hawking brown hole could invert the trapped bit of empty space at it's LaGrange core so I believe this would require true black hole's and while some doubt they exist I believe they do and can while I also believe Hawking brown holes are less dense and no less real they are simply not black holes at all just an intermediary between a true black hole and a neutron star.

There is some interesting interplay as well between the formation of REAL black holes, the many reality's theory were divergent reality's are constantly coming into being for example meet's a force that may then ZIP them back together when a true black hole forms in the form of a quantum gravity shock wave emanating like a ripple outward from it at the moment of it's formation ZIPPING all parallel reality's were it exists and forms at exactly the same point and time back into a single reality perhaps also creating the Mandela effect that so many believe in, I have experiences my own but it was before the phrase was coined.

edit on 2-10-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
It's amazing we can detect light that's been traveling toward us for over 12 billion years. I wonder what that system is like today. Interesting article which claims to solve a mystery about early formation of large scale structures.

originally posted by: projectvxn
Essentially evaporating the blackhole over trillions of years through black body radiation.
The universe isn't cold enough yet for net evaporation to occur on any "ordinary" black holes, meaning all we have discovered which have masses of about 2.5 solar masses or higher.

Not only are black holes not evaporating, they are actually gaining mass because the CMB temperature of about 2.72 Kelvin is greater than the temperature of the known black hole types, stellar and supermassive.

Only the theoretical "micro" black holes with masses less than stellar mass can evaporate currently, but we have never discovered such a black hole. They may or may not exist. Even a theoretical lunar mass black hole has a temperature of 1.7 Kelvin so even that is not warmer than 2.72 Kelvin like it would need to be to evaporate.

A solar mass black hole has a Hawking radiation temperature of one tenth of a millionth Kelvin, so those wont start to evaporate until the current 2.72K CMB temperature drops below that, which will take a very, very long time to happen.

So for the future we can easily imagine, the known black holes are only getting more massive. That one tenth of a millionth Kelvin CMB temperature is so far in the future, it's difficult to imagine that much time.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Could HUMAN-like life exist on any of the planets within those galaxies?

If so, and they understand what is happening, are they worried...even though their ultimate destruction won't happen for eons?

(I know it was 12 Billion years ago, but it's easier to use current-tense)
edit on 10/3/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Are you worried knowing you are only half out a spiral galaxy currently feasting on at least two smaller galaxies and about to collide with Andromeda in the near future? a reply to: carewemust

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The universe isn't cold enough yet for net evaporation to occur on any "ordinary" black holes, meaning all we have discovered which have masses of about 2.5 solar masses or higher.

I'm pretty sure the number is something close to 10^1100 years before hawking radiation does its job.

It'll be the final light show of the universe.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yeah, that is an interesting quandry. That information cannot be destroyed.

Its a puzzle that is being figured out.

new topics

top topics

join