It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Age Death, What happens before you die??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok, I have been into thinking that there is something more out there than your tipical god/satan religion.. anyway to the point.

My g/f's Grandmother is in a hospital now cause she was put there for some reason or another.. in other words not important for this topic... Anyway...

While she is there she has a stroke/heart attack.. Not known at this time...

After she wakes up she tells Thelma (g/f's mother) that she see's kids all over the place, get them off the floor... so Thelma then tells her that there isnt any kids on the floor. but she goes on and on about this and then goes out.. as in Knocked out...

A few days later she talks about a guy that is in her room up by the TV, Thelma asks her what he looked like all she said is he had white hair.. but i guess she didnt reconize him or anything...

Now my questions in this are as follows...

I believe in astral projection/plane and that they actually exist. I also believe that we are here only to learn in this life and then move on to another life to fill our knowledge of whatever we need to learn..

But my questions are this..

When we are about to die, persay old age or something in between such as being shot or ran into a building while on a plane, do we see things before we actually die...

Such as in the case of my g/fs brother who was shot and killed, He swore that he say his name and death in date on a tomestone, after his death and checked it there was no tomestone near where he seen this...

Anyway Is there something that tells us when we are going to die.. in a such case as that??

When we are old do we see more of the astral world then what is led on to believe?

In the case of the g/fs grandmother they think she is delusional.. I am thinking other wise..

Anyway I would like to hear thoughts, or exsperiances on this.. to get an idea of what other people think...

Thanks..

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If you really want to know, you should read the Tibetan Book of the Dead...
try looking up Lama Kazi Dawa-Samdup...
or look at Timothy Leary's version, which is more modern and easy to read.... it's not only for use with drugs contrary to your bias (if you have one)

www.deoxy.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
it's not only for use with drugs contrary to your bias (if you have one)

What do you mean by this part???

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Meet Joe Black. Anyways, the meds could be doing that because my Great grandmother would talk while on them. One time she started laughing hysterically and said, "Well, it's only 20 cents. Just buy it." It was funny.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My Grammie who is 87 is slowly dying these past 4-5 months. She had 17 brothers and sisters. When we go to see her in the nursing home she is always having conversatiions with the one that have passed on or is vividly reliving times from her childhood. I would like to think that they are welcoming her home. She seems very happy for the state she is in. I have read hundreds of accounts that they envision their loved ones before they get to finally come home. That comforts me.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A non-paranormal consideration...

With any insult to the brain (stroke, tumor, trauma...) hallucinations are common.

Hope Grandma gets better.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
if you are addressing me Bad, No, jno trauma at all, just old age. she was the youngest (a twin of 17 bros and sis). She has never been sick a day in her life. She just stopped eating at xmas time. Like she lost the will to live. But I don't want to take over the thread with my tuff, I was just tryna give my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Mauri, my thoughts were directed toward the original poster as a possible reason for seeing things/people who weren't there.

My experience has been that people have a great day or two directly before they pass away. The families are stunned and say "She/He was doing so well yesterday..."

Edited because I can't spell.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by battymedic]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
When my grandmother was in a nursing home at the age of 98 she started talking to my grandfather, who had died long before.

My sister decided to see if grandpa was talking back and one day asked her, "Grandma, have you talked to grandpa lately."

My grandmother looked at her and said, "Child, your grandpa's been dead for 20 years."

Anyway, i've always thought that was funny.

I have heard that you get premonitions before you die. They even have a name for it but I haven't a clue as to what that name is. It IS a worldwide phenomonon though.

I sure wish I had the correct spelling for phenomonon....

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yes I believe that old people see things before they die, because I have seen many of times when my grandmother, granfather, friends gradfather etc.... was thisclose to dying in a hospital... that they see something or someone that isnt there. For example, 4 years ago when my grandmother was dying from an illness, she told me and my mother that every night her parents.. and her son (my moms bro who passed away) were calling out to her and reaching for her as if to ssay... "let's go now" and another time, which was just recent, valentines, my cousin's granfather was just about to die, when we saw him in his hospital bed, sitting up and looking up at the ceiling and started to reach out... i dunno... it was really scary.. yeah and after that he was in a coma... soooo yes i believe that old people see things before they die...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
thanx for sharing replies, i thought more people who show up and do this...

new topics

top topics

join