It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 16 Myers-Briggs Personality Types

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: 1010set

okay, then!

You've a female cohort a couple replies earlier....the more of us who share a type, the better, and the more who are different, the better. It could be the beginning of some social healing for us to all, maybe, to talk to each other with more respect and insight....

then again, there are those who say it's just stupid drivel. I guess they don't wanna participate, stars for all participants notwithstanding.

But thanks for playing!

Heh. My reply was mostly tongue-in-cheek. I'll admit that some of the characteristics listed for an INTJ do describe me to some extent. I'm often accused of lacking emotion. It's not that I lack emotion, I just don't allow emotions to play a part in my decision or logical processes.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

My problem is that I don't have time to dwell on insights into myself anymore because I am taking care of too many other people to have time to do so.

I used to hold value in this sort of thing, I really did. I just can't think of a thing that it does for me personally at this point in my life.

I suppose if I could have a week without someone endlessly tasking me, I would have time to reflect on myself.

Absolutely valid. I am fortunate to have time to think and look deeply at the world I see around me, and the things I'm dealing with.

Be sure to try to care for yourself. It's important to stay grounded to who you are, I think. It's scary that this world is so hard. Most people are simply trying to get their basic needs met (I'm talking globally)and many are struggling.

I appreciate that more than you know. I've burned out three times now from caring for others. Had to quit it. Had to regroup. Had to step back and say "I've got nothing left". It's okay to take a break. Can you delegate any of your responsibilities?

If we can't cooperate and help one another, we'll all go mad.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ricky, there are dozens of these tests available, and you can take the actual clinical one as well. I've done several of them, just to compare, and I keep getting the same response. When I take it I'm in different frames of mind, and it keeps coming up the same.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for sharing. Do you think about how it affects your interactions with others?

People think I don't care, but I do, and more deeply than they know. It's just that I long ago realized that making decisions based on my emotions first was not the best way to go about things. It made no good sense. It often meant being too hasty and overlooking important details or facets of important decisions that ought not be overlooked and might be critical to making the best call, even if they do look heartless.

I also know that I'm the glue that keeps our little family steered so to speak. I remember the details. I keep track of timing on things. I plan the vacations, do the research, etc.
edit on 2-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

Interesting, though not unexpected, that there are so many INFP's gathered here. "Many" is a relative term, but I haven't met any to my knowlege in the "real" and know "we" tend to lurk rather than draw attention.

The Meyer's Briggs was beneficial to me in understanding myself, and especially why people consistently think I'm "different" without ever being able to tell me why. So, at least I have better tools to understand my isolation.

I know being human is a tough endeavor for most and (nearly) everyone feels like a lone sane entity in a planet wide asylum, but it might be even tougher to be in that situation and not being able to help oneself from trying to keep the other inmates from tearing each other to pieces.

Anyway, nice (and terrible) to know there are others out there!

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
People who believe this crap are into astrology too. 🙄

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Meh, it's a general tool to quantify the un-quantifiable; but one should consider that personality tests, like IQ tests, have some usefulness and are based on repeatable methodologies.

Also, I remember when the Skeptical Enquirer tested astrology and embarrassingly found some rough accuracy ... but agreed that astrology ain't science.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
People who believe this crap are into astrology too. 🙄

As opposed to what? The Cult of Q? Now there is some real crap for you.

Wow. It's kinda fun being completely dismissive of something others might have faith in. Thanks for letting me play!

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Fools

My problem is that I don't have time to dwell on insights into myself anymore because I am taking care of too many other people to have time to do so.

I used to hold value in this sort of thing, I really did. I just can't think of a thing that it does for me personally at this point in my life.

I suppose if I could have a week without someone endlessly tasking me, I would have time to reflect on myself.

Absolutely valid. I am fortunate to have time to think and look deeply at the world I see around me, and the things I'm dealing with.

Be sure to try to care for yourself. It's important to stay grounded to who you are, I think. It's scary that this world is so hard. Most people are simply trying to get their basic needs met (I'm talking globally)and many are struggling.

I appreciate that more than you know. I've burned out three times now from caring for others. Had to quit it. Had to regroup. Had to step back and say "I've got nothing left". It's okay to take a break. Can you delegate any of your responsibilities?

If we can't cooperate and help one another, we'll all go mad.

Hey, thank you. For me, it is 2 of my 3 children. So it is not all that possible to focus only on me. There is really something wrong with our culture these days. We have turned so many young men into either pathetic idiots, or overbearing control freaks. I just don't remember these personality flaws when I was growing up. Even the F'd up boys hid their crazy to get ahead somehow for as long as they could.

Anyway, that's my plight, just dumb boys doing and saying dumb things 24/7. My daughter however, my youngest, is a shining star in this odd world.

posted on Oct, 2 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Ricky, there are dozens of these tests available, and you can take the actual clinical one as well. I've done several of them, just to compare, and I keep getting the same response. When I take it I'm in different frames of mind, and it keeps coming up the same.

My initial prediction is that the test was going to be way off for me. But it was right on, the wife also read the description and said it is me, ever since she knew me it fit me. I mean, we have only been married thirty five years, she does have aunts that had alzheimers, we can't trust her to remember things. Trouble is her memory is not failing, I wouldn't be that lucky.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: Lysergic
As a diagnosed sufferer of the A, I can confidently say this.

Probably.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So, I just took a different test:

This time I'm an ISFP! Hmmm.

You Are the ISFP "Virtuoso"

Still, the description fits. We are, after all, humans. Fluid-filled, conscious, adaptive creatures in a crazy world.

This one was from The Unusual Abilities of Each Myers-Briggs® Personality Type

It's a good site, better than most and more indepth. I subscribe to their emails (and I don't waste my time on shallow crap, so there's that).

As for all the pooh-poohers here in the thread: Why did you click and reply?
Huh?
Makes it more interesting for us, I guess, but just asking....is it about just being generally contrary?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: ChiefD

I don’t really Myers-Briggs has validity or relevance in these days and times. I think there are other tools that measure things better. So there’s that.

Pray tell. What other tools? I'm down with taking whatever assessment is on offer.

I'm a scorpio, BTW.

The MMPI: Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. Tons of studies backing up its validity.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So is there an INFJ out there? They say I am the rarest type of all. So I am the "freak", in common terms.

What happens when two advocates hit each other and advocate along. Will we form a singularity or just be two idiots? You tell me, other INFJ.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I gotta stop #ing w these turbulent types.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've always thought these things are a complete crock of horse do dah.

I did a few in a previous life when I worked for a living and always came up with a similar sort of result......same as I did when i took this one: INTP-A. Assertive Logician.
And much of the analysis was as always disturbingly accurate whilst some bits are way wide of the mark.

I don't know how much credence to put in such tests.....I guess its pretty much a moot point nowadays as I more or less do as I feel.
edit on 3/10/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't know how much credence to put in such tests.....I guess its pretty much a moot point nowadays as I more or less do as I feel.

Psychology is never moot; one's behavior is a reflection of the way one is wired, how they were brought up, what experiences they've had, their family system, etc.

Behavioral study is as pertinent to humanity as it is to all other animal life forms.
BTW, doing as you feel is the whole point. If you can assess your behavior in relation to others, to stressors, to planning and remembering, you can learn to achieve "your" best self.

As for "complete horse do dah", you are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

It's not about how you feel; it's about how others treat the tests and then feel about you. Here's an example: I once applied for a job at a bank. They gave me one of these tests. I took it in a straight-forward manner, i.e.: I didn't try to skew it; I just answered honestly. The HR person smiled and said, "You must be very artistic." in a complimentary way. But what she was REALLY saying was, "Banks are not artistic places. You are artistic therefore you are not a good fit. You don't get the job." Now the fact is I'm not particularly artistic and this test had no scientific validity, yet other people were making decisions that affected my life based on this invalid test.

Now perhaps you are at a point in life where you don't need to contend with such things. Good for you. So am I, but I would suggest you are an outlier. That you "more or less do as you feel" tells me quite a lot, enough that I wouldn't ever hire you. I know you don't care, but that's not the point. It's how other people who put credence in these things act toward you as a result, like my former boss I mentioned above, that matter. If they are making life-altering decisions based on this voodoo, that's a problem.

Irrelevant point: I retired; she got fired.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

that was fun

it says i'm - INFJ

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

...yet other people were making decisions that affected my life based on this invalid test.

Excellent point. When generalized tests are used by society to sort and not just by individuals and psychologists, then it's limiting to the human spirit.

Road to hell and best intentions and all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join